Tito Ortiz: Anderson wants me weak, by having me cut to 195

heh.
To claim a cut from 200 to 195 is the difference between peak and weak is just stupid.
But it is the ready-made excuse he can find, and he's using it since he fucking agreed to fight at this weight....

not very smart to agree if you can't make it (or will be too depleted to fight)

then again, no one ever accused Tito of being smart!
Ill tell you braddah 1lb can make a difference in how you feel during your cut and your recovery after. So 5lbs can make a difference. Anyone remember when Tito cut down to fight Frank Shamrock. I think that was 200. He was in tears in the sauna. Rumors were that Frank was standing out side of his locker rooms with a bag full of chesse burgers and french fries.

“I’ve never made 195 in my whole career of 24 years, and I’m going to try like hell to make it, and I will make it. But at the same time, I just kind of lost a little respect for the guy. Someone who’s been a great world champion, he’s fought at 205 over six times, he’s fought for the world title at 205. It shows that he respects my power and he’s trying to make me weak. ”

Screenshot-2021-01-28-at-19.03.18.png

Ill tell you braddah 1lb can make a difference in how you feel during your cut and your recovery after. So 5lbs can make a difference. Anyone remember when Tito cut down to fight Frank Shamrock. I think that was 200. He was in tears in the sauna. Rumors were that Frank was standing out side of his locker rooms with a bag full of chesse burgers and french fries.
hahahaha
Oh no, you misunderstood me.
I know it is hard!
But if you agree to a fight at 195, dont come crying seconds after signing the contract!
Silva FOught through his life at 185Lbs.
His last fight against Chavez was 182Lbs 3 months ago.

IMHO 195 makes sense. But if Tito thinks it would be so hard, or he would be too depleted, then he should not have agreed to this weight.

Same dude that say that he was willing to fight Fedor only at 205.

Fuck Tito.

Omg Tito stfu about this weight cutting shit. You signed the contract to fight at that weight. I agree him making that weight..10lbs lighter than when he was younger and in great shape is dumb but he agreed to it. Make it and shut It.

Come on Tito, you signed the contract for 195... You could have negociated to be 200 but you didn't.

Also

"I'm literally trying to cut my leg off" is definitely something Tito would say

hahahaha
Oh no, you misunderstood me.
I know it is hard!
But if you agree to a fight at 195, dont come crying seconds after signing the contract!
Silva FOught through his life at 185Lbs.
His last fight against Chavez was 182Lbs 3 months ago.

IMHO 195 makes sense. But if Tito thinks it would be so hard, or he would be too depleted, then he should not have agreed to this weight.
Yea I hear that. I honestly dont htink he will make the weight. I think he misses bad.

Tito has weighed in at 198 and 199 multiple times. Silva has only fought at 205 4 times, not over 6, and he never fought for a world title at 205. Fuckin Tito, man.

To claim a cut from 200 to 195 is the difference between peak and weak is just stupid.

Going to disagree here. Every weight class I wrestled from high school through college (prior to that it didn't matter) if I had to cut another 5lbs would have been problematic. I wrestled UP many times (because of team openings, injuries or the timing of a tournament) but never down.

Tito is a huge dude and has a serious weight cut to make 205lbs. At 46 years of age, its probably going to be a disaster getting down to 195lbs.

then again, no one ever accused Tito of being smart!

No disagreement here ha.

Tito has weighed in at 198 and 199 multiple times. Silva has only fought at 205 4 times, not over 6, and he never fought for a world title at 205. Fuckin Tito, man.

Literally 20 years ago?

Lmfao Anderson knows he could easily clown Tito at either weight but made him cut the extra 5 lbs anyways just to fuck with him.

Yea I hear that. I honestly dont htink he will make the weight. I think he misses bad.
well, Silva made 100k last time when Chavez missed by 2 Lbs...
Tito might have to fork a lot more... :)

"Anderson has never fought anybody who has been able to push the force" -Jedi Ortiz

Back