Media Tito showing us some perfect lat pull down form.

AmbitiousSpeedyCob-max-1mb.gif
Jaysus

This isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It wasn't great for Cain at the time because he was always injured.
The exercise itself is just a shitty exercise, yet alone going as heavy as he was

He's got to keep that man-ish figure for those red carpet runways

iu

wtf??? that guy even alive. did he break both ankles.
Not only did he break his ankles. He broke his neck and spine along with cracking his head on the floor hard af. He broke everything

leaning back like that actively engages your lats before you start pulling down. i’ve watched videos where they recommend this kind of form. the first few look good but the last couple his form starts slipping. this is nowhere near bad form for your back though imo. it’s not tony doing deadlifts

Tito bless, I'll get far more out of my workouts now I know that the best way to do it is to lean back like a maniac and jerk all over the place.

I bet he went on the treadmill in his flip flops straight after to cool down.

His back injuries are probably from wrestling and fighting lol. Perfect form is strictly for weight lifting if you are focused on trying to build picture perfect muscle. Not when it comes to real strength training. Leaning back activates other muscles and you hit different angles and work differenet muscles. Slight change in angle makes a huge difference. Perfect form is for the bodybuilders, not for people focused on functional strength for fighting. They don't train the same for a reason. Also the reason why the bodybuilders are not the fighters.

I always wondered, what's wrong with this?

I don't really use the leg extension machine much but I've seen many people use it similarly to Cain for years.
Just the perfect form police lol. Bodybuilders are used to slow static movements with perfect form. That's not really great when it comes to fighting and building functional strength. So there's a disconnect. Usually it's the bodybuilders that focus on their form when the fighters are lifting so they can say they have better form since they can't say they fight better than them.

Also you have fighters like Koscheck who never really lifted weights. GSP who only lifted weights to build a beach body to be more marketable. Khabib barely lifts weights and doesn't lift like a bodybuilder. People mistake gym strength with weights as actual functional strength for fighting. It isn't the same. Those people get strong for those specific workouts at the gym and build the looks of their muscle. But probably won't be as strong vs a fighter smaller than them in an actual fight. There is a big difference between weights and 100% resistance vs another fighter. You can't build those type of muscles lifting weights and using perfect form.

Actually crossfit is better for fighting than typical bodybuilding workouts. Calisthenics is probably still the best for fighting overall since you are dealing with your own bodyweight, which is what you do a lot in fighting. Crossfit is great for muscle endurance. Most bodybuilders and power lifters don't train for muscle endurance. Just max single reps and high weight low reps with a lot of rest in between sets. That's nothing like how fighting is.

Last edited:
Back