TJ is 35, hasn't fought in 2.5 years, surgery on both shoulders and old for weight class

The turnover in that division is amazing.

Moraes looked like a future champ a few years ago, and now he's on the verge of a release with another loss.
Thats more of the MMA way, not only that division, once a guy reaches the top, he isnt getting easy fights anymore.

Might be more like Mendes. Was out for a while after popping for PED's, came back and won a fight then got flat-lined in his next and retired. I can see the same with TJ.

TJ is an absolute arrogant prick. Never under estimate an arrogant prick on a mission.

Speaking from personal interactions in the neighborhood

But he is the hardest working fighter in the game!
m1BDWul.gif

giphy.gif

in hindsight he was only doing this weird shit because the EPO makes your blood do bad things if it's not constantly in motion.

I'm having a very tough time seeing how he beats Sandhagen. At the end of the day this kid is incredibly hungry and in his prime. TJ has already seen the top of the mountain and is 6 years older than Cory, which is huge for BW.
GOOD

There's boxers in similar weight classes who are world champions that are older than TJ. The whole old for the weight class doesn't apply to everyone, boxing has proved that since it's been around longer so more fighters have tried things that mma fighters haven't yet. The longer mma is around the more age will be pushed up as competition age. It's already been progressively going up. Now fighting in your 30s is normal but before it was considered retirement age already. Fighting used to be only considered in your 20s for mma but fighters keep proving you can fight past that age.

Sandhagen is a better version of cruz on the feet. His foot work will be too much. His ground game is bad and his wrestling is ok. But it should be enough to beat up tj.

Tj is also noticeably slower and spars way too hard and takes too much damage in training.

I’m just here to say my name is Johny and I was a Dillashaw fan. Im currently on the 12 step program. I’m sorry for liking someone that hits pads in airports and chews gum with thier mouth open.

He's also one of the best strikers in the sport

The betting lines are way out for these main events. Rob Font -130 for his cakewalk against Garbrandt, Cory Sandhagen -175 for what I expect to be an even more lopsided battering.

Mendes honestly looked good, blasted a solid fighter in Jury and had a good scrap with the current champ. I think he just realized, like Askren, that it'd take too much effort to get to a title shot and that it wasn't worth sticking around just for the paycheck.

Mendez looks to be on that skin cream again (he’s Fookin Yoked) and says he’s got that itch to get back in the cage.

I’d love for Sandhagen to score a highlight KO. He’s my favorite BW at the moment and would like to see him get the title.

Mendez looks to be on that skin cream again (he’s Fookin Yoked) and says he’s got that itch to get back in the cage.

I'm paying more attention to the blonde on the treadmill in the back.

Back