Social Tlaib urges boycott of Bill Maher after he slams BDS movement. Update: Maher responds

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
I can't stand either of these fucks, I just hope careers are damaged.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib has suggested that viewers boycott comedian Bill Maher’s HBO show after he denounced the international boycott movement against Israel as a “bulls–t purity test.”

Tlaib said in a tweet that she was tired of “folks” like Maher “discrediting a form of speech that is centered on equality and freedom.”

The freshman Democrat from Michigan added: “This is exactly how they tried to discredit & stop the boycott to stand up against the apartheid in S. Africa. It didn’t work then and it won’t now.”

On Friday, Maher slammed the BDS movement on HBO’s “Real Time” as a “bulls–t purity test by people who want to appear woke but actually slept through history class.”

“It’s predicated on this notion, I think — it’s very shallow thinking — that the Jews in Israel, mostly white, and the Palestinians are browner, so they must be innocent and correct, and the Jews must be wrong,” he said, according to The Hill.

“As if the occupation came right out of the blue, that this completely peaceful people found themselves occupied,” he added.

Maher also cited controversial statements Omar has made in the past about Israel, saying that he could see why the two congresswomen wouldn’t receive a “hero’s welcome.”

“Congresswoman Omar has said things like, ‘It’s all about the Benjamins,’ ‘Israel has hypnotized the world,’ ‘May Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel,’ ” Maher said. “She apologized for it, but it’s out there: Jews control the world, control the money.”

https://nypost.com/2019/08/18/tlaib-urges-boycott-of-bill-maher-after-he-slams-bds-movement/

Maher responds:

Last edited:
She has the right to promote a boycott, he has the right to call it BS, and she has the right to call for another boycott in response. None of this really registers as a big deal to me. People can disagree on these things. It seems like they are both clearly seeking to believe the worst in the other person, which is pretty typical but unnecessary.

The left should really stop with this boycott and censorship shit. This is what is losing them the cultural war now, and it’s what lost the cultural war for the right in the 90’s.

israel has bought and paid for a majority of congress and the senate. i dont like talib or ilhan but im glad they are standing up to the dual citizens and corrupt politicians in congress and the senate.

based rashida.

Lol yep.

If anyone wants to go look up all the Palestinian children that isreali snipers shoot every Friday, have at it.

And evil nation. And our foreign policy is evil because of them.

BDS is a way to isolate isreal, and it will crumble. That movement can also grow to include boycotts of all corporate entities that are run by isreali dual citizenship. As private donations by billionaire and millionaire duel citizens are a huge part of isreali state revenue.

I am opposed to dual citizenship in government.

She has the right to promote a boycott, he has the right to call it BS, and she has the right to call for another boycott in response. None of this really registers as a big deal to me. People can disagree on these things. It seems like they are both clearly seeking to believe the worst in the other person, which is pretty typical but unnecessary.

Pretty much.

This is just playing out as Jewish and Islamic tribal warfare playing out in the social arena. But, no rules are being broken.

Pretty much.

This is just playing out as Jewish and Islamic tribal warfare playing out in the social arena. But, no rules are being broken.

It's not Judaism vs Islam at all. It's Israel vs people who do not support their policies. A lot of those people are on the right. Look at this thread, you already have two right-wingers throwing their support behind Tlaib and BDS. Our most adamant anti-Israel posters are right-wingers from what I've gathered. Disagreeing with Israel's policies is not really a left or right issue at all.

It's not Judaism vs Islam at all. It's Israel vs people who do not support their policies. A lot of those people are on the right. Look at this thread, you already have two right-wingers throwing their support behind Tlaib and BDS.

Like they actually care about Israel's policies.

It's not Judaism vs Islam at all. It's Israel vs people who do not support their policies. A lot of those people are on the right. Look at this thread, you already have two right-wingers throwing their support behind Tlaib and BDS.

I think the dual citizenship shit in government is garbage, but other than that I distance myself from the criticism of Israel. They do what they need to survive in an area surrounded by violent nut jobs.

Most right wingers who criticize Israel do so for the same reason most Muslims do; hatred for Jews. Simple as that.

It's not Judaism vs Islam at all. It's Israel vs people who do not support their policies. A lot of those people are on the right. Look at this thread, you already have two right-wingers throwing their support behind Tlaib and BDS. Our most adamant anti-Israel posters are right-wingers from what I've gathered. Disagreeing with Israel's policies is not really a left or right issue at all.

There is certainly a big Jewish - Islamic divide there. Obviously. It underpins the conflict and the state of Israel.

But yes plenty of other people take sides and religious right-wingers tend to blindly support Israel for ideological reasons.

I think the dual citizenship shit in government is garbage, but other than that I distance myself from the criticism of Israel. They do what they need to survive in an area surrounded by violent nut jobs.

Most right wingers who criticize Israel do so for the same reason most Muslims do; hated for Jews. Simple as that.

I'm sure that is the case sometimes, maybe even much of the time. Some of the posters on this forum who are anti-Israel also make pretty deliberatively anti-semitic posts that reveal their true feelings.

But that's not always the case. The first guy I knew who was vocally against Israel's policies was a Jewish guy I was friends with in college that had been to Israel twice. He loved Jewish people, was a Jewish person, but disagreed with Israel's policies and treatment of Palestinians.

Its been ten years since I looked into this but when I did it seemed like the Israelis were clearly in the wrong as far as the underhanded way in which they came to be where they are and gained occupation of the land they now have.

There is certainly a big Jewish - Islamic divide there. Obviously. It underpins the conflict and the state of Israel.

But yes plenty of other people take sides and religious right-wingers tend to blindly support Israel for ideological reasons.
how do they treat christians?

And I have a right to say you're a nitwit. What do you of that... yeah!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back