Media Tom Aspinall outlines Ciryl Gane's history of ducking *update* Gane responds

There is zero chance ufc was giving gane an interim title shot against Pavlovich.

The division is in shambles because Jon's shoulder got injured. Anyone can say that Jones ducked Ngannou, but did he? Ngannou was in contract negotiations for a very long time.

The supposed injury that Jon had and its subsequent "surgery", I highly doubt he would've been able to go play rugby and other stuff he was doing like he did within that timeline.

I think that whole thing was horse shit tbh sir.

Last edited:
Gane ducking Pavlovich for an interim makes no sense. It is his most favourable path for a belt.
He must have turned it down for other reasons.

This division is beyond broken.

Cyril Gane should have stayed a kickboxer. If you don't want to learn the other half of the sport in a year's time then you don't belong in that sport at the highest level and Jones proved that.

The division is in shambles because Jon's shoulder got injured. Anyone can say that Jones ducked Ngannou, but did he? Ngannou was in contract negotiations for a very long time.
if nganou had just accepted the offer
these two had already fought lol

the dude basicaly quited and signed with another org
but yeah he didnt duck
according to his fans and jones haters
he left because of his dream in boxing and the mistreatment dana gave him

obviously the one who left didnt duck
but the one who stayed ducked

lmaoo

if nganou had just accepted the offer
these two had already fought lol

the dude basicaly quited and signed with another org
but yeah he didnt duck
according to his fans and jones haters
he left because of his dream in boxing and the mistreatment dana gave him

obviously the one who left didnt duck
but the one who stayed ducked

lmaoo
If Francis needed 2 fights to get out of his contract we probably would have gotten the Jones fight.

I don't think Gane is a duck. He fought in September. The title fight was in November. Probably not enough time to deload and go back into camp.
Gane is absolutely a duck, regardless of whether he could have taken that specific fight or not.

He explicitly turned down the Aspinall fight publicly on at least 2 occasions.

Gane was there live when Aspinall beat Volkov and when asked about fighting him next said "No. We are both young, no need to waste 2 young contenders against each other. It's for the future." He next fought Tuivasa, another young contender who just happened to be a much more favourable style matchup for him.

Then again when Aspinall went out to Paris when Gane fought Spivak to try to specifically put that fight together. Gane again was asked about Aspinall and said "no, I already took a risk to my ranking by fighting Spivak, now I will only fight for belts."

I'm a big Gane fan but its hard to stand behind him lately, he absolutely is ducking other contenders and just wants to wait around until a title shot falls in his lap. Tom was in France for his last fight, was calling him out and it seemed that they would fight each other until Gane refused.

When he was asked on ariels show if he would fight Aspinall or Pavlovich he said it doesnt make sense. Blaydes also alluded to this during his recent post fight interview, and his reaction was hilarious when asked about Gane ducking others.

After Aspinall won interim and Cyril all of sudden called him out he mocked him with the "NOW he wants to fight? Feed him to Almeida lmao"

There's a lot of coping going on in this thread, some people should get their facts straight.

Tom is coming across as a cry baby lately and it’s getting rather annoying

I don't think he is a cry baby

I do think he enjoys stirring up drama though lol

The supposed injury that Jon had and its subsequent "surgery", I highly doubt he would've been able to go play rugby and other stuff he was doing like he did within that timeline.

I think that whole thing was horse shit tbh sir.
Did he play rugby?
Jon has never been one to back down from a challenge, and he's not getting any younger, so it doesn't make sense that he would put off his last couple of fights. Just straight up retirement would make more sense.

Faking a surgery seems a bridge too far. Yes, I know he hid under a ring to avoid a drug test 😁

He got his elbow fixed too.

And the footage of the shoulder injury and analysis seems pretty comprehensive.

Back