Tony believes Chandler didn't earn a title shot: "You got Dana White Privilege"

Who else should get the title shot over Chandler? Poirier chose a pay day over the title shot, he’s the only person you could realistically slot over Chandler right now.
Gaethje is still the number two guy in the division after Poirier. He lost to Khabib but before that he had four straight wins over ranked opponents. Three fights ago Chandler was fighting a guy who doesn't even have a wikipedia page.

A guy who spent the majority of his career in Bellator is the last guy that would have "Dana White privilege"... nothing else made sense since Poirier is fighting Conor and Gaethje just lost. It's not that complicated.

Tony you got beat by charley olives, enough with the sour grapes already.

nothing else made sense since Poirier is fighting Conor and Gaethje just lost.
I don't buy that Gaethje's loss disqualifies him, since the guy he lost to was the champion who retired. When Jones got stripped in 2015 the vacant belt was contested between Rumble (the next challanger) and DC (the last person to lose to Jones). Gaethje is in that DC position now in that the guy he lost to isn't in the division anymore.

Tony may be gone in the head but he's completely right. There's no one on the planet who thinks the question "who's the undisputed best lightweight in the UFC?" will be satisfactorily answered by a fight between Charles Olivera and Michael Chandler.
They’re fighting for second place right now. This isn’t a title fight. And who in the top 10 is better than these two right now? With khabib gone and Dustin as champ, I don’t see who deserves a shot more than them.

Tony vs Dariush is the real main event

The real LW title fight is Poirier vs McGregor this July, who both destroy Chandler and Olievera (who are fighting for the #1 contender spot despite even Gaethje being the superior fighter).

even adesanya who came in as an elite kickboxer had to do more fights to get a title shot

chandler should have fought gaethje first before getting the shot
oliveira should fight poirer for the legit deserved title fight
and conor should get tony for the redemption fight

this is how it should have been done but because money is more important for dustin than the belt and the title BEST IN THE WORLD
we are having this mess
??? Even Adesanya needed to do more than Chandler?

That's quite silly.... of course he did! Chandler has been a top MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST for years. Adesanya was not. lol?

Gaethje is still the number two guy in the division after Poirier. He lost to Khabib but before that he had four straight wins over ranked opponents. Three fights ago Chandler was fighting a guy who doesn't even have a wikipedia page.

Gaethje needs a W before he gets a crack again, I know Dana likes to gift people title shots on losing streaks so I won’t fault you for putting his name out there but call me old school...think a guy needs to have at least one win in a row before fighting for a title. In Chandlers defense though he fought who was in front of him and he made short work of no Wikipedia page.

Dana's laugh was funny af when Tony said it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back