Topuria looked unfazed during Max's call out

Smashed the dominant FW champ that beat Max 3 times and embarrassed him in the last one.

Now he's terrified of Max because he beat a no eyed bar brawler lol.

You guys who believe this clearly got your Shookoligist degrees out of a happy meal.

Topuria is a very good fighter and quite dangerous. He poses many issues for Max and it won't be an easy victory if he pulls it off. I'm sure Holloway knows all of this as well. Ilia isn't afraid of Max, regardless of what the camera showed. I still think Volkanovski is going to end up with the rematch, but who knows at this point. Everyone eventually loses, Ilia will one day too. By who? I don't know. Until a fight is made, it's all yapping. WAR Max.

His Volk KO wasn't the only good one lol. The KOs of Jackson and Herbert were both amazing as well.

Ilia was only up at LW because he decided to take a short notice fight. It wasn't some big plan he had to go up and be a LW properly.

Pretty sure Ilia already knew who Max was lol. He didn't need to see him fight Justin to realize he wasn't going to be a push over. You make it out like this guy is new to the sport or something.

Seeing Max stand with a bar brawler isn't going to worry Ilia haha. And that's what Justin is. He's not that good, bro.

For sure Max will come hard for 25 mins, but so will Ilia. And yeh, anyone can finish anyone at any time, but let's not pretend that Max is some killer. His last 10 fights have been 5 rounders and he went to decisions in 8 of those. The only two he finished were a past it Zombie that just decided to go out on his shield, and a bar brawler who with no eyes who he goaded into recklessly slugging it out in the last 10 seconds hahaha.

Way more likely that a better, striker in Topuria finishes Max than the other way around.

Jackson and Herbert aren't elite in their divisions. UFC level, but on the bottom end of that spectrum. Both have been virally KO'd previously and Jackson was previously cut by the UFC.

Ilia was at LW after a weight miss. He was trialling the division after being pulled by the commission. He originally was signed to the UFC at BW and linked to Yan. he had weight issues then also.

Max is Topuria;s worst nightmare. A tall durable boxer who can also kick, with a massive gas tank who seems to have an unbreakable chin and now carries his power late. Grappling is Ilia's best bet, but I think he will realise that too late and go to it when his gas tank is empty.

Last edited:
Topuria was unfazed.

As president of the Sherdog Armchair Psychology Association (SAPA) it was disappointing to see so many Sherbros say Topuria was shook when Max knocked Gaethje out. He was in disbelief and had his mouth open when it happened, like everyone else, but right after it happened he turned towards Adesanya (who was seated next to him) and tapped him on the chest, indicating “damn bro, that was a fun and crazy fight, wasn’t it?”

Shook people don’t do that.
As the founding and lone member of the SS (Sherdog Shookologists), I agree.

His Volk KO wasn't the only good one lol. The KOs of Jackson and Herbert were both amazing as well.

Ilia was only up at LW because he decided to take a short notice fight. It wasn't some big plan he had to go up and be a LW properly.

Pretty sure Ilia already knew who Max was lol. He didn't need to see him fight Justin to realize he wasn't going to be a push over. You make it out like this guy is new to the sport or something.

Seeing Max stand with a bar brawler isn't going to worry Ilia haha. And that's what Justin is. He's not that good, bro.

For sure Max will come hard for 25 mins, but so will Ilia. And yeh, anyone can finish anyone at any time, but let's not pretend that Max is some killer. His last 10 fights have been 5 rounders and he went to decisions in 8 of those. The only two he finished were a past it Zombie that just decided to go out on his shield, and a bar brawler who with no eyes who he goaded into recklessly slugging it out in the last 10 seconds hahaha.

Way more likely that a better, striker in Topuria finishes Max than the other way around.
Topuria and being a LW properly doesnt go in the same sentence, he is too small for LW, slightly taller than Volk, both too small for LW.

Him beating Volk who beat Holloway doesnt say that it will go the same against Holloway, Topuria might lose the belt on the first attempt at defending when the guy he is fighting is more of a LW than a FW, guys that are 6'0" or close and know how to fight from the outside.

Topuria and being a LW properly doesnt go in the same sentence, he is too small for LW, slightly taller than Volk, both too small for LW.

Him beating Volk who beat Holloway doesnt say that it will go the same against Holloway, Topuria might lose the belt on the first attempt at defending when the guy he is fighting is more of a LW than a FW, guys that are 6'0" or close and know how to fight from the outside.

How is someone slightly taller than Volk, who is just as strong if not stronger, and who hits harder too small for LW when Volk himself went up there, took the clear cut best in the division to a decision and very nearly beat him?

So, now Max is more of a LW than a FW now? Why? Because he outstruck and KOd a sloppy brawler? Justin's striking is not that good. Max's is. Topuria's is even better. He'd have KOd Justin as well and it wouldn't have taken him almost 5 rounds and needing to goad him into a dumb throwdown at the very end.

How is someone slightly taller than Volk, who is just as strong if not stronger, and who hits harder too small for LW when Volk himself went up there, took the clear cut best in the division to a decision and very nearly beat him?

So, now Max is more of a LW than a FW now? Why? Because he outstruck and KOd a sloppy brawler? Justin's striking is not that good. Max's is. Topuria's is even better. He'd have KOd Justin as well and it wouldn't have taken him almost 5 rounds and needing to goad him into a dumb throwdown at the very end.
Yeah, Volk lost by decision, then by KTFO against that guy.

Holloway is probably 10cm taller than Topuria, that and getting more mass makes him more of a LW than a FW, Topuria can pack muscle, but he will still be too small for LW, Jay Herbert made him struggle at LW.

Max is Topuria;s worst nightmare. A tall durable boxer who can also kick, with a massive gas tank who seems to have an unbreakable chin and now carries his power late. Grappling is Ilia's best bet, but I think he will realise that too late and go to it when his gas tank is empty.

I thought Volk was supposed to be Top's worst nightmare? A guy with a massive gas tank and supposedly better striking, more strength, etc.

Big deal if he carries his power late. I love that Max is touted as some big finisher now because he goaded a sloppy brawler into a throwdown and landed the big shot haha. Dude's a decision machine when he's not fighting washed fighters and sloppy brawlers.

Got pieced up with ease by Volk and had to resort to grappling when Yair was doing the same, but he's Topuria's worst nightmare? Please lol.

I think the issue was that the crowd booing was overwhelming for him. He considers himself a superstar and can't understand why this occurs. Same thing happened in the Volk press conference
In Europe he is well liked. So he is surprised why he is not well received in the US.

I'd like to join the board of Sherdog Armchair Psychology Association (SAPA), where do I apply? I think I have the requisite qualifications.
Good day, good sir. Nice to see that you have interest in the position. Our association is always looking for talent to improve our world class team.

You can apply by sending me your resume containing high quality shookology analyses. Accurate calls, but also deep dives into body language, stuff like that. I will relay the files to the board in our monthly meeting to discuss. Good luck!

You know whats funny? When ilia dominates max people will say max had hard weight cut bcs he gained weight for LW or some other shit like they did after volk fight ilias haters always will find reason but after ilia defends his belt few times they all will become his fans but toxic ones

Punctuation... it's a thing.

I thought Volk was supposed to be Top's worst nightmare? A guy with a massive gas tank and supposedly better striking, more strength, etc.

Big deal if he carries his power late. I love that Max is touted as some big finisher now because he goaded a sloppy brawler into a throwdown and landed the big shot haha. Dude's a decision machine when he's not fighting washed fighters and sloppy brawlers.

Got pieced up with ease by Volk and had to resort to grappling when Yair was doing the same, but he's Topuria's worst nightmare? Please lol.
Max has 1 less finish than Ilia has fights and has fought in the UFC since his 4th fight against multiple title challengers and all time great champions like Aldo x2.
Ilia has 5 KOs, 1 against high level competition and 8 subs with 1 against Bryce Mitchell who was ranked at the time.

It took 3 fights for Volk to piece Max up and he showed massive adjustments in his next couple fights especially against Gaethje with the kicks and actually finally checking.
Topuria is a known threat if he strikes, but I think his path to winning is wrestling. Max is a better boxer, longer and Ilia carries more power.

Max out fought Gaethje, out toughed him and then when he was already up in every round took him into his best realm and finished him. Gaethje can fight technical (Fiziev, Poirer) when he chooses to until he is pushed and then he brawls. Gaethje has KO wins over some of the best strikers in the LW division. Ilia has Volk and then Emmet who lost to everyone ranked above him.

Max has 1 less finish than Ilia has fights and has fought in the UFC since his 4th fight against multiple title challengers and all time great champions like Aldo x2.
Ilia has 5 KOs, 1 against high level competition and 8 subs with 1 against Bryce Mitchell who was ranked at the time.

It took 3 fights for Volk to piece Max up and he showed massive adjustments in his next couple fights especially against Gaethje with the kicks and actually finally checking.
Topuria is a known threat if he strikes, but I think his path to winning is wrestling. Max is a better boxer, longer and Ilia carries more power.

Max out fought Gaethje, out toughed him and then when he was already up in every round took him into his best realm and finished him. Gaethje can fight technical (Fiziev, Poirer) when he chooses to until he is pushed and then he brawls. Gaethje has KO wins over some of the best strikers in the LW division. Ilia has Volk and then Emmet who lost to everyone ranked above him.

Max's finishes aren't that impressive, bro.

Before, Justin, his best one is who? It's a bunch of cans. Pettis looks good on there, but he was past it. Aldo was good but not in his prime. I guess Charles, but that was a weird finish. Still fine enough, I suppose. Other than all those there was a washed Zombie who decided to come out and go out on his shield, and sloppy Gathje who had his eyes poked out, and was goaded into a dumb slug fest right at the end.

I can't imagine Top not finishing all those guys, and I imagine he'd have finished a lot of the ones that Max went to decisions with.

I feel like you're giving Max way too much credit for this performance against Justin. The eye pokes soured it for me. Justin was dealing with that all fight. Justin's best realm is not technical fighting. It never has been. Max was able to make use of a guy who isn't that amazing at fighting technical. Yes, Max took him to "to his best realm and finished him" at the very end, but again, it came on the back of two eye pokes, and what else was Justin going to do? He was about to lose 4-1 at best and Max was offering him a hail mary chance. Of course he took it.

Max is a better boxer, longer and Ilia carries more power.
1. You dont know anything about boxing.
2.ilia has same reach as max
3.ilia has not only power but better boxing offense and defense
4.higher fight IQ

When ilia dominates max then what?

Max was never good?
Bad weight cut?
Past prime?
Ilia is lucky?
Max took dive?

Aldo looked unfazed when Conor got in his face after the Siver fight too.

Topuria was a scared little man watching UFC300 on the sidelines next to Izzy. Posing for a picture don't make you mean.

Back