Topuria will wrestle Max

NMcCauley

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He will wrestlefuck him and probably submit him cos his ground and pound is not super great but his bjj is sweet.

I think this will be his strategy. That is why Topuria is such huge problem. He has too many great tools and he uses them according to his opponent weaknesses.

I think topuria will use wrestling to hide the punches, but I'm more concerned on how he'll do with the volume. He took some jabs before ko volk, so besides that, ilia has enough tools to beat max. Justin looked slower and couldn't find his range, topuria isn't Gaethje but we'll see.

Topuria seems to have abandoned his wrestling besides TDD. He's really high level with his striking and would be a good match with Max just in standup. Max has pretty good tdd, but maybe Topuria could mix it up to keep Max guessing.

I think the weight cut will affect max a bit. Arnold Allen was cracking max regularly and yair arguably outstruck him in Max's most recent fights.
I'd say ilia would pose a greater threat than these two because he posseses similar or greater power and similar technicality and he has the graping threat

But max is the goat apparently after he beat a washed up Gaethje, how can this be the case

Max hasn't really been outwrestled since the Conor and Bermudez fights back in the day, and even then Conor was the only one to do so consistently in the fight.

Since then his tdd and anti-grappling game has looked pretty stellar. Topuria still has his work cut out for him if that's his gameplan.

He will wrestlefuck him and probably submit him cos his ground and pound is not super great but his bjj is sweet.

I think this will be his strategy. That is why Topuria is such huge problem. He has too many great tools and he uses them according to his opponent weaknesses.

He might gas if he goes that route. Max is very hard to take down and to hold down. Topuria should mix the takedowns in here and there, but if he tries to go out there with a predominantly wrestling gameplan, I think he'd fatigue.

As he should, but the fight will still be competitive on the feet and I'd still pick Ilia to win if he stood with him for most of the fight.

Topuria is gonna smack Max around

Not only is MMA Math on his side…. He’s younger and stronger than Max with more tools at his arsenal.

So now Topuria all of a sudden doesn't have hands? Lol come on bro. He will GLADLY look to keep the fight on the feet.

Back