Topuria Whoops Holloway

Fergelmince

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I love Holloway. He is a generational, legit badass, and just a fuckin' cool dude all around. But Topuria is the new generation, and when he gets his hands on Holoway, it will be after Gaethje puts another 100,000 miles on Holloway. Volkanovski out-boxed Holloway, and Topuria is better, and a bigger submission threat on the ground.

I was going to said that even before the Volk fight but too many max fans around here.

I had good reasons to know Topuria was able to beat Volk. Yeah we all know about 35+ year old records in championship fight at 170 and lower. And we all know that Volk may be affected by Islam KO. But even without these factors, I would still take ilia because Ilia is the only very good boxer with knock out power that Alex has faced. Not only that he has a wrestling base.

Look at Volk’s past opponent’s
-Max - very good boxing but no power
-Ortega - elite JJ guy
-Yair - good kicks but not great boxing
- Mendes - wrestler
-Korean - no boxing defense
Aldo - no power

I rewatched the Volk and Yair fight. Volk was trying to get inside while Yair tried to keep him at bay with kicks. The reason was that Yair doesn’t have hands or wresting to match Volk in the pocket. So I thought this fight would be the opposite that Ilia was going to be the one trying to close distance. With his wrestling, youth, boxing and KO power, I knew that he would do it because Volk has never faced anyone like him.

So if Topuria fights Max, it would be same results. He’s has that combos of boxing + power+ wrestling that’s a nightmare for Max. And once he gets inside, it will be lights out for Holloway.

Last edited:
Max has already beaten every other "new gen" FW he fought - Ortega, Yair, Kattar, Arnold

If Ilia wins it'll because Max chin is finally cracked most likely because of Gaethje like Islam against Volk.
Already lining up the excuses.

Jesus Christ, any time anybody wins a belt they are suddenly god and would smoke anybody lol

There is some of that for sure. As for me, I didn't think that about Strickland and I don't think that about Du Plessis now. I think with his head on straight and a full camp Adesanya would beat Duplessis, and Strickland in a rematch. I also think O'Malley is going down, and as much as I like Pereira, he's going to have a hard time with Ankalaev if he gets past Hill.

There is some of that for sure. As for me, I didn't think that about Strickland and I don't think that about Du Plessis now. I think with his head on straight and a full camp Adesanya would beat Duplessis, and Strickland in a rematch. I also think O'Malley is going down, and as much as I like Pereira, he's going to have a hard time with Ankalaev if he gets past Hill.

izzy would get rag doll'd by dricus

Volk definitely had Max number, but now were supposed to use mma math and assume that Topuria is going to make easy work out of him ? Amazing how people don’t realize what a monster Max is

Why did they have to put Max in a pointless fight with the club-legged caveman?

He'll probably get an ass whooping then have to come back with a 2 month turnaround for 100k/100k to save a card against Ilia.

Volk definitely had Max number, but now were supposed to use mma math and assume that Topuria is going to make easy work out of him ? Amazing how people don’t realize what a monster Max is

I'm going off Topuria's body of work in the UFC, not just last night's fight.

Back