News Total failure by USPS. Where are my tax dollars going anyway?

The USPS was restructured and forgiven financial obligations. They did not receive any money.

So.. you are saying that they are subsidized by the government?

They operated at a 6.5 billion dollar loss last year.

“In April 2022, U.S. President Joe Biden signed legislation providing USPS with about $50 billion in financial relief over a decade.”

Totally 100% self funded, except for.. all of its employees wages and benefits 👍

The USPS own revenue hasn’t covered its costs/benefits for more than 15 years, and even with the $50 billion from the government in 2022, they are still doing everything they can just to break even.. IN 10 YEARS TIME.

Last edited:
So.. you are saying that they are subsidized by the government?

They operated at a 6.5 billion dollar loss last year.

“In April 2022, U.S. President Joe Biden signed legislation providing USPS with about $50 billion in financial relief over a decade.”

Totally 100% self funded, except for.. all of its employees wages and benefits 👍

The USPS own revenue hasn’t covered its costs/benefits for more than 15 years, and even with the $50 billion from the government in 2022, they are still doing everything they can just to break even.. IN 10 YEARS TIME.

USPS did not receive any money, merely permission to restructure, namely in re to how they fund healthcare which will save them 50 billion.

And of course we know the USPS operates at a loss. The whole U.S. government operates at a loss. That's why the country is 34 trillion dollars in debt and keeps issuing new Treasury notes/bills/bonds.

Don't fight the post office. I removed my mailbox because of all the pottery barn catalogs and junk mail they kept delivering.

They told me that they could choose to not deliver packages to my address if I didn't have a mailbox.

I ended having to re-install a mailbox.

Now they leave a bin of junk mail on my porch everyday. Its so much, that I just throw it all away without looking. I am not going to spend an hour a day sorting mail to find one letter a month I am supposed to open. This has caused me huge problems, like when I receive a new drivers license or when the state of Michigan decided to issue a warrant for my arrest.

USPS did not receive any money, merely permission to restructure, namely in re to how they fund healthcare which will save them 50 billion.

And of course we know the USPS operates at a loss. The whole U.S. government operates at a loss. That's why the country is 34 trillion dollars in debt and keeps issuing new Treasury notes/bills/bonds.
Dude your tune keeps changing on this whole thing. Just say you weren't fully aware of the bailouts and how that translates to them not being completely self funded and leave it at that.

People make mistakes all the time, no big deal.

I am in charge of my company's entire supply chain, I've made a few whoopsies here and there. Life goes on.

Dude your tune keeps changing on this whole thing. Just say you weren't fully aware of the bailouts and how that translates to them not being completely self funded and leave it at that.

People make mistakes all the time, no big deal.

I am in charge of my company's entire supply chain, I've made a few whoopsies here and there. Life goes on.
Bailouts have nothing to do with not being self-funded. The government has bailed out banks and car companies and insurance companies--all of which are self-funded. The USPS received no cash, only debt forgiveness. Two totally different things. No different than you or me filing for bankruptcy and our debts erased.

When a customer service employee is rude like that, I think it's fine to be rude back. People often talk about rude customers, but rude employees is definitely a thing. Especially since the worker shortage, there are a lot of very low quality people occupying those positions, displaying an appalling lack of common sense and basic courtesy.

At least your package wasn't stolen or missing. Trying to get USPS to locate a missing package or insured money out of them is hopeless and a waste of time in my experience.

Most likely stolen by one of their own - they know it, you know it......But they'll never admit it!
<{hughesimpress}> <36> <{cruzshake}>

Sup Sherbros

Yesterday while I was at work, USPS attempted to deliver a package- they required a signature so they left a notE on my door with some re-delivery options.

I opted to pick the package up to save them some work. I figured, I always go to the gym early Saturday anyways, and I need to go food shopping so its no big deal for me to pick it up while I am out. I fill out the info online for pickup according to the instructions on the slip they left. I get a confirmation number and a pickup address with the times they will be open on Saturday. It told me to go to the main post office between 9 AM and 1 PM

After my workout, I go to the main post office in town as planned. The line was short so I was happy to be able to be in and out quickly. When I get called up, I give the lady the slip and my confirmation number. Without looking anything up in her computer she tells me I am in the wrong location, that I need to go to my local branch. I said I was confused- I go to show her the e-mail on my phone that gave me direction to come to the main location and before I even finish my sentence she tells me that all mail gets directed from the main hub, but then it goes to substations, so I need to go to the correct substation and I can only go after 11 AM.

WTF??? I don't appreciate getting talked down to like that BECAUSE I FOLLOWED THE FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS THE COMPANY SHE WORKS FOR PROVIDED TO ME

If the situation was reversed, if I had gone to my local branch with the slip, as it is only 2 blocks away from where I live, and I was told that I needed to go to the main branch, then I would have been a total Karen. If the teller had told me LISTEN YOU FUCKING IDIOT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE, THE INSTRUCTIONS CLEARLY HAVE THE PICK UP ADDRESS ON THEM. YOU NEED TO RETHINK YOUR LIFE I would not be able to object. I do need to evaluate how I got to this point in my life, where my neighbors now think I am a Karen.

My solution? Burn it all down.

At least if UPS had missed the delivery I could have opted to pick my package up from one of their drop points. That would have been ideal because then I wouldn't have to deal with jaded, nasty customer service people.
The slip they left didn't state where to pick it up? Our guys usually just attempt one delivery and then I have to go to my local branch to sign for it and pick it up as directed by the notice they leave.

Wasn't there some national do not send junk mail list to join? Maybe try that before going full retard mode. I rarely get junk mail except from a few companies I do business with and even after I asked them to quit sending me junk mail.

Local news just reported it would cost $1 mil to renovate one elementary school classroom, but if they skipped painting, it would cost $40k. Who's getting filthy rich and fat from government spending monkey business?

Wouldn't be shocked if USPS had this type of nonsense too.

Local news just reported it would cost $1 mil to renovate one elementary school classroom, but if they skipped painting, it would cost $40k. Who's getting filthy rich and fat from government spending monkey business?

Wouldn't be shocked if USPS had this type of nonsense too.

Everything is a fucking scam. Even worse in Canada, not sure how it is in the US but government corruption is at an all time high up here.
<{hughesimpress}><36><{cruzshake}>

Not tryna turn this into a War Room shithole tho, carry on playas

Taxes don't fund federal spending and the idea it does is the most harmful lie of our times. Every time you say the words "my tax dollars"(without quotes) a puppy has a stroke.

Now thats out of the way the whole Lovejoy thing has been in the news for years. Theres years of people talking about this you could look up. Its been an ongoing story.
do tell, where does the federal government get money? do you think we just continually print more? Biden has done that, but then you get where we are, inflation

countries that just print more money wind up with 100 billion dollar bills

yoy have to be a troll, as it's not even funny and you are using the internet and on a computing device, computer/phone

Sup Sherbros

Yesterday while I was at work, USPS attempted to deliver a package- they required a signature so they left a notE on my door with some re-delivery options.

I opted to pick the package up to save them some work. I figured, I always go to the gym early Saturday anyways, and I need to go food shopping so its no big deal for me to pick it up while I am out. I fill out the info online for pickup according to the instructions on the slip they left. I get a confirmation number and a pickup address with the times they will be open on Saturday. It told me to go to the main post office between 9 AM and 1 PM

After my workout, I go to the main post office in town as planned. The line was short so I was happy to be able to be in and out quickly. When I get called up, I give the lady the slip and my confirmation number. Without looking anything up in her computer she tells me I am in the wrong location, that I need to go to my local branch. I said I was confused- I go to show her the e-mail on my phone that gave me direction to come to the main location and before I even finish my sentence she tells me that all mail gets directed from the main hub, but then it goes to substations, so I need to go to the correct substation and I can only go after 11 AM.

WTF??? I don't appreciate getting talked down to like that BECAUSE I FOLLOWED THE FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS THE COMPANY SHE WORKS FOR PROVIDED TO ME

If the situation was reversed, if I had gone to my local branch with the slip, as it is only 2 blocks away from where I live, and I was told that I needed to go to the main branch, then I would have been a total Karen. If the teller had told me LISTEN YOU FUCKING IDIOT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE, THE INSTRUCTIONS CLEARLY HAVE THE PICK UP ADDRESS ON THEM. YOU NEED TO RETHINK YOUR LIFE I would not be able to object. I do need to evaluate how I got to this point in my life, where my neighbors now think I am a Karen.

My solution? Burn it all down.

At least if UPS had missed the delivery I could have opted to pick my package up from one of their drop points. That would have been ideal because then I wouldn't have to deal with jaded, nasty customer service people.
That sucks. That said, you don't need to do anything online to have it held, they will hold it unless you take action, that part of your story is odd. Also, the back of that slip tells you where to go get it.

Lol @ thinking the USPS is funded by vCash

Taxes don't fund federal spending and the idea it does is the most harmful lie of our times. Every time you say the words "my tax dollars"(without quotes) a puppy has a stroke.

Now thats out of the way the whole Lovejoy thing has been in the news for years. Theres years of people talking about this you could look up. Its been an ongoing story.
What in the fuck are you saying?

I often feel my post office steals Amazon packages and other mail. They often misdeliver the key to the parcel locker giving someone a very easy chance to steal your stuff. The local news reported at least one busted employee.
My mailman told me it’s USPS policy to confiscate any package left in a mailbox and return it to the sender. Many Amazon drivers leave packages in mailboxes and technically that’s against the law. He said he doesn’t do it because that’s spiting the customer as much as it is Amazon, but many mail carriers do.

You think thats bad. I don't get my mail/packages unless they fit in my mailbox. Where i live, my local post office doesn't get to my house till after 6pm. Which means this time of year its dark out by that time. My house is down by the river and we have about 25ft of steps to get down to the house. We have solar lights going down, but when its cloudy all day they don't work. Mail man refuses to deliver because of this. Yes i could dig up my yard and run electric lights to make it easier for the Mail man, but why should i spend a few grand because these slow fucks can't get to my house till after dark. Not too mention i rarely get packages from USPS especially if i can avoid it.
I watched out the window as the mailman went around to the back of the house, my dog barked at him because the stupid asshole was in my fucking BACKYARD, so he kicked my dog. (She was fine)

I chased that fucking pussy ass bitch down the street, when I caught up to him he had pepper spray in one hand and his cell phone in the the other, saying he would press charges if I hit him.
Fucking dog kicking coward.

For as much as I wanted to beat him senseless:

A) I had another assault charge dismissed but probably still in my file

B) stupid legal system would probably side with him and not care about that cock sucker kicking my dog, only me beating him up

I recognized him. He had been the mailman on that route for at least a year. Never saw him again. He must have gotten himself transferred immediately.

I'm still mad about it.

Back