Traction vs compression in training, or how I am fixing my herniated disc

I'm sure you looked at the more expensive rogue version which is the RH-2 Reverse Hyper. Other than the price and being slightly beefier, do you know other differences?

Well the main difference from my brief time using it is that if you grab the handles on the scout the way they’re designed it puts your back at slightly more of a diagonal angle to the floor rather than laying real flat on the platform and parallel to the floor like the normal reverse hyper. I feel like this gives you less ROM and in turn less of a overall pull on your back. This is easily fixed by wrapping your arms around the base of the handles as opposed to grabbing them like everyone does in the pictures and videos I’ve seen. If I were a large fella though (250+) I could see this being unstable as the smaller footprint is noticeable.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it. Between this and an inversion table my back is in relatively good health for a guy approaching 40 and doing grappling + lifting for over 20 of those years.

Well I tweaked my back on Thursday so this is even more in my mind now.

Back