Crime Train robberies common now.

The issue is obviously a lack of deterrence if this was not common place before people found out it pays to be a criminal
It was commonplace before. It's only in the news because there's been a huge increase in LA. Which probably speaks to an ongoing easy target that people are really taking advantage of now. This isn't Ocean's 11 level crime, lol. It's basic smash and grabs.

It was commonplace before. It's only in the news because there's been a huge increase in LA. Which probably speaks to an ongoing easy target that people are really taking advantage of now. This isn't Ocean's 11 level crime, lol. It's basic smash and grabs.
Possibly due to the cargo issues at California ports? I'd wager so

I definitely agree with @evergreenrider on this one. The supply chain issues that are leaving store shelves bare and electronics such as new Xbox or PlayStation very difficult to come by have many people frustrated and these videos display a target for people to focus their hatred on- asshole looters who feel entitled and emboldened to do and take whatever they please. It’s time for these cargo trains to start hiring security like the old trains used to hire gun fighters to protect their more valuable cargo.

It's mad that trains aren't really 'a thing' in America, given the size of the place. For passengers, I mean.
Passenger efficiency is actually lower now than it was in the 50s. A lot of things went wrong and Amtrack wasn’t the answer

Ok. I guess it makes it all good then.

Definitely not.
But the whole sudden outrage is predicated on one camera-worthy incident or location where some containers loaded with lots of boxes got ripped up. It's not a ton of stuff and dollar value-wise maybe worth a nice luxury car's worth of damage. Do we have a national outrage everytime a douchebag crashes their car into a transformer and cuts out power to part of a town for a night? Maybe negates a few concerts and local POS systems to process bar tabs and causes $700,000 in lost sales for a town?

these things happen all the time and nobody gives them national coverage, but the lusty ragebaiters love a salacious piece of scandal so it gets run and the sky is falling lol.
It is definitely whack if all people in the case are getting out bail free, but people getting wildly worked up and shocked that some dumb poors mixed with ringleader local crime syndicates go after vulnerable targets for petty theft of any kind when push comes to shove in an unhealthy society, magnified in all ways by inflation and supplychain hurdles like full staffing and full route-traffic to prevent specific cargo from sitting in a train yard or outside it.

It would be like if there were unguarded cargo ships sitting outside ports but right on and a bunch of people had their own boats or getaway cars, theyd sure as hell get looted too. Inflationary hypercapitalism breeds a desire and a price index for financial stability that cultivates reckless ambition that includes smash and grab exploits of all varieties, especially when a retail economy relies so heavily on marked up import products or at least things sourced nonlocally in the USA.
You often make great points, but this post is utter garbage.

As we become a crime infested dystopia, covid wasteland and lack of health care society I encourage everyone to get in shape. I'm 51 and run 5 miles every other day. As a youth I cant count number of fights and encounters I prevailed in by just being able to last and run away. Older I get I just want to stay healthy to not enter the medical industrial complex which can bankrupt you. Theives everywhere I tell you.

I love how suddenly nothing is the problem of the massive freight companies and government exists to service all their needs. If this was such a threat to their cargo surely they'd clear their own tracks right?
If a store gets looted are cops supposed to pickup all the trash or is that the job of the store and their insurance?
Three cheers for the personal responsibility crowd's selective reasoning!

Massive capital bad, little people looting and causing derailing good. I don't think companies in the first world are prepared to deal with this level of uncontrolled crime.

Stores in working cities should not be looted and neither trains, police and gvt are not doing their jobs.

Last edited:
Massive capital bad, little people looting and causing derailing good. I don't think companies in the first world are prepared to deal with this level of uncontrolled crime.

Stores in working cities should not be looted and neither trains, police and gvt are not doing their jobs.
lol people have heisted shit always.
Highway robbery is a literal reference.

It's mad that trains aren't really 'a thing' in America, given the size of the place. For passengers, I mean.

I've lived near train tracks my entire life, trains move a lot of people here in Montreal.

Not as many as the metro (that's a million a day) but a lot.

It's actually tempting to take the train when I visit my father off the Island of Montreal, it's fast and comfortable. The trains are modern and amazing. It's almost as fast as driving.

You often make great points, but this post is utter garbage.
Show not tell.
I stand by it: when a bunch of freight cars sit around, some got looted, it looked interesting in a photo because of debris, but akin to reporting on some trucking accidents in terms of total damage incurred. Not great, but only international news because ragebaiters are jerking it to some pieces of media.

I've lived near train tracks my entire life, trains move a lot of people here in Montreal.

Not as many as the metro (that's a million a day) but a lot.

It's actually tempting to take the train when I visit my father off the Island of Montreal, it's fast and comfortable. The trains are modern and amazing. It's almost as fast as driving.
and less chance of accident and can not have to pay attention to the road.

Im going to say it is just the actual city of los angeles itself and south central .parts of L.A county like glendale,burbank ,pasadena and long beach are still nicer than L.A the city the southbay area of L.A county is also this bad.

South Bay???

South Bay???

I actually meant to write that the south bay isnt that bad but had a typo I was going to move to torrance. I would rather move to a supposed hood like Wilmington than the city of L.A itself

Back