Trevor Wittman smart but annoying af

Nope, Wittman is a great trainer. You can watch him on a lot of TUF series. Has been quiet for a decade

To all the guys saying they wanted to hear more Gaethje did you all miss him struggling to string together coherent sentences? I love watching the guy fight but he’s not winning any awards for public speaking. That podcast would have been unbearable with just him.

Ever meet John Danaher?

holy fuck. Love the guy and he’s a genius but can’t stand listening to him talk.

I had to turn it off when they started talking about “the problem with mma gloves” i mean how many fuckin times do I need to hear the same shit on joes podcast. I’m surprised he didn’t start talking about using saunas for recovery, carnivore diets and wrapping up the podcast with offering Trevor some fuckin elk meat to take home. Fuck it
I've thought why that happens so often.
Rogan captured the audience at first by not actually interviewing people, but making long casual conversations. But you know, interview style of conversation is invented for a reason. You want to show your audience more of your guest (charachter, ideas etc), not from you. The host's role is to keep the conversation, not to hijack it. It gets boring. But maybe because Rogan had some wacky ideas and his characher is so interesting and he sometimes have good points, people gave him a pass for so long. But everything has it's limits. He is fucking annoying at the moment. Especially for people who watch him regularly and know all of his shit.

Reminds me when he had Gary Tonon on with some other guy, and straight up ignored him for the first 20 minutes.

you're just a hater, bro
he's a smart guy with a lot of interesting things to say and it's cool to see the close bond he has with justin
the guest is there to talk and not listen to joe rogan spew bullshit about corona conspiracies

I had to turn it off when they started talking about “the problem with mma gloves” i mean how many fuckin times do I need to hear the same shit on joes podcast. I’m surprised he didn’t start talking about using saunas for recovery, carnivore diets and wrapping up the podcast with offering Trevor some fuckin elk meat to take home. Fuck it
I do agree with that, however, at least he had a response to how to fix the gloves. They were pretty genius

Agreed. I stopped listening to his podcast for this reason.

He sounds like A Rod to me and that annoys me for some reason.

I thought his impressions of Justin were funny and reinforced the idea of him being/sounding like Homer Simpson.

x2aeY2S.jpg
Yep, best part of that podcast, dude is hilarious.

To all the guys saying they wanted to hear more Gaethje did you all miss him struggling to string together coherent sentences? I love watching the guy fight but he’s not winning any awards for public speaking. That podcast would have been unbearable with just him.

I noticed the same thing. Great dude, amazing fighter but holy fuck he could hardly speak. I know he was prob nervous but it doesnt seem like a nerve thing.

Is it me or are the trainers on jre mma usually overstepping their roles on the show. Dwayne pissed me off, firas even a little with his road rage I'm a badass bit. Whitman, who I like, and clearly has a great mind for mma, and fight gear in particular would not let jg or even rogan talk for long periods. I didn't watch to hear you so know your role. I would be ok with watching him alone as an mma guest, but certainly would rather hear jg stories.
He was invited to a podcast to have a conversation (as were Dwayne and Firas)...hes being himself, cant please everybody. You seem like a generic hater.

I didn't find him annoying, but I did feel like we didn't get to hear as much out of Justin himself as I would have liked. But was still a good episode. Trevor seems to have a great mind and system for the prep for a fight. Well travelled guy.

Not at all. He was what made the show listenable. I'd love another one with Wittman, tbh. Such a great mind, can't believe someone would be annoyed by it just so Joe Rogan can say fifty times in a row "So wHy aRe ThEsE gLoVeS nOt UfC!?!?" I do wish they would have spent a little less time talking about equiptment even though it was very interesting. But that time could have been greatly reduced if Joe didn't have to have the same glove conversation five times.

"I didn't watch to hear you so know your role."
doesn't matter, lots of people did, including Joe who invited him.

Trainers who have trained multiple champions usually know the most.

They should be the ones talking most. Sounds like a personal problem that you don't enjoy hearing trainers talk.

Have you ever heard that Barboza has the fastest switch kick though?

Back