Triller Fight Club PPV Oct.16th Teofimo López vs Kambosos

So a mostly legit card moves off a date for a circus exhibition.

That sounds about right for 2021. What isn't right is that the exhibition is going to be on Showtime PPV..... the networks are reversed. Triller should be promoting this shit show, and Showtime should have the Teofimo Lopez card.

Triller can't afford another bad PPV number. They won't have to track down and sue 1 million plus people for this one though.

Charles Conwell to make return on Lopez-Kambosos undercard

Conwell takes on Mark DeLuca after withdrawing from Ring City USA’s April 8 main event with hand injury

I'm glad to see that Michael Hunter will be back in action on the undercard. But I'm not too impressed with his opponent. Mike "White Delight" Wilson is a 21-1 ( 10 KOs ) career cruiserweight from the boxing hotbed of Medford, Oregon. How & why Wilson got rated at #12 in the WBA's latest heavyweight rankings I have no clue. But whatever. It's billed as a title eliminator so after Hunter deals with Wilson he should be in a pretty good position to fight for one of the many WBA heavyweight titles out there. Whether it's the super title held by AJ, the regular held by Trevor Bryan, the other regular belt held by Manuel Charr or the interim title to be held by the winner of the forthcoming Daniel Dubois - Bogdan Dinu fight. I'd make Hunter a big favorite over any of them aside from AJ.

I'm glad to see that Michael Hunter will be back in action on the undercard. But I'm not too impressed with his opponent. Mike "White Delight" Wilson is a 21-1 ( 10 KOs ) career cruiserweight from the boxing hotbed of Medford, Oregon. How & why Wilson got rated at #12 in the WBA's latest heavyweight rankings I have no clue. But whatever. It's billed as a title eliminator so after Hunter deals with Wilson he should be in a pretty good position to fight for one of the many WBA heavyweight titles out there. Whether it's the super title held by AJ, the regular held by Trevor Bryan, the other regular belt held by Manuel Charr or the interim title to be held by the winner of the forthcoming Daniel Dubois - Bogdan Dinu fight. I'd make Hunter a big favorite over any of them aside from AJ.
I thought Hunter was fighting Hgorvic?

I thought Hunter was fighting Hgorvic?

Nope. Apparently, negotiations for that fight were stalled when Triller stepped in & offered Hunter more money to face Wilson on the Lopez undercard. And as the Wilson fight is a final eliminator as well, Hunter took it. Which was, career-wise, the right thing to do. He's making more money for an easier opponent & what will likely be a quicker title shot as there are four different WBA "world champions" to choose from.

As a fan, I'd have much rather seen the Hrgovic fight though as it's a better fight. But if Hunter can win a WBA strap he'll be able to parlay that into much bigger fights.

Nope. Apparently, negotiations for that fight were stalled when Triller stepped in & offered Hunter more money to face Wilson on the Lopez undercard. And as the Wilson fight is a final eliminator as well, Hunter took it. Which was, career-wise, the right thing to do. He's making more money for an easier opponent & what will likely be a quicker title shot as there are four different WBA "world champions" to choose from.

As a fan, I'd have much rather seen the Hrgovic fight though as it's a better fight. But if Hunter can win a WBA strap he'll be able to parlay that into much bigger fights.
I agree, get him closer to a strap, get him that far faster. Absolutely. I have a lot of faith in Hunter to be a solid contender, but I dont exactly want to see him fed to a guy like Wilder if I'm being honest. Sure, the upset might be possible, but I just dont see him breaking into big 3. I do however want to see

Hunter vs Ruiz, Whyte, Ortiz, Usyk 2, Parker, Chisora type fights before he rolls the dice on AJ. But, we know this, first opportunity he gets they are gonna take, that's the name of the game

I agree, get him closer to a strap, get him that far faster. Absolutely. I have a lot of faith in Hunter to be a solid contender, but I dont exactly want to see him fed to a guy like Wilder if I'm being honest. Sure, the upset might be possible, but I just dont see him breaking into big 3. I do however want to see

Hunter vs Ruiz, Whyte, Ortiz, Usyk 2, Parker, Chisora type fights before he rolls the dice on AJ. But, we know this, first opportunity he gets they are gonna take, that's the name of the game

I don't want to see a match-up between Hunter & Wilder either because they're two of my favorite fighters. I'd much rather see him fight any of the other heavies that you mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back