Triller Fight Club PPV Oct.16th Teofimo López vs Kambosos

I love Loma but he and his stans have to stop hyperventilating about the Lopez rematch. Sick of guys crying for immediate rematches after conclusive losses just cause they had some moments and won some rounds. Plus, a convincing win over Nakatani puts Loma right back in the mix with Haney to to possibly fight Teo.
And fwiw, I’m Rooting for Linares to derail the Haney train and move Lopez/Loma 2 closer to reality

I don't think lopez would fight haney ether for a long time. Lopez is not like lomachenko but is like too many American trained boxers who follow mqyweather Jr in trying to remain unbeaten. Haney is too much of a threat to lopez and vice versa

I don't think lopez would fight haney ether for a long time. Lopez is not like lomachenko but is like too many American trained boxers who follow mqyweather Jr in trying to remain unbeaten. Haney is too much of a threat to lopez and vice versa

I think tonight’s fight will tell the tail. If Haney can’t hurt or stop Linares he won’t scare any of the top guys at 135. I think people respect Haneys skills right now, but there’s no fear factor to him

I think tonight’s fight will tell the tail. If Haney can’t hurt or stop Linares he won’t scare any of the top guys at 135. I think people respect Haneys skills right now, but there’s no fear factor to him

Agreed. I suspect haney only took the fight because he thought linares is done. But if linares retains anything of the champion he once was he may have a nasty surprise for haney....

Agreed. I suspect haney only took the fight because he thought linares is done. But if linares retains anything of the champion he once was he may have a nasty surprise for haney....

Definitely. I hope we at least see Haney’s chin tested. The more questions he answers tonight in an impressive win the more excited I’d be for a fight against Teo or the others. Still would rather see a second fight against Loma though.

Definitely. I hope we at least see Haney’s chin tested. The more questions he answers tonight in an impressive win the more excited I’d be for a fight against Teo or the others. Still would rather see a second fight against Loma though.

At 33 there isnt much of the road left for lomachenko and both he and lopez etc know that. I don't expect thim to keep fighting if age begins leaving a substantial mark on his performance and so I ully expect lopez will just keep stalling for as long as he can - either lomachenko has to retire first or he would have deteriorated so much that he is much safer to fight. That is gervonta davis' playbook too - expect mayweather Jr to pipe up about a fight if lomachenko shows a substantial downturn in performance.

I’d like to see to see triller maybe do a Humphrey Bogard or w.c. Fields tribute or even entire theme of the show for them. Character reanactments and famous scene from movies like Poppy.

If Teo watched Haney last night he should call Haney's team up and ask them for a fight, while trying and failing to hold back his laughter.

Just my opinion but i think Teo would expose Haney pretty easily.

Last edited:
He's going to

If Teo watched Haney last night he should call Haney's team up and ask them for a fight, while trying and failing to hold back his laughter.

Just my opinion but i think Teo would expose Haney pretty easily.

If linares can hurt him that badly then lopez is liable to knck him out...

I never said lomachenko actually won their fight. Inatead I agreed that he lost but not because he was outclassed. He simply did not fight for too many rounds as he spent far too long trying to unravel how to beat lopez defences. So he lost deservedly and all credit to lopez for doing what no other pro boxer except salido had done except that salido did it in breach of the rules while lopz did it fairly.

However Lopez was not the better boxer - lomachemko is clearly more skillful than he is or possibly ever will be. What lopez has however is a combination of physical and athletic attributes allied to a natural born fight that made him perhaps the most difficult problem to solve for lomachenko in his pro career. But by the latter half of their fght lomachemko had finally figured him out and began to win rounds. Lopez was fast tiring and knew hat unless he won the final round he might lose so he threw everything he had left into scoring as many points as he could. And he managed to do enough. But at no point was lomachenko in danger of beig knocked out. And if they fought again , this time lomachenko would have be benefit of what he has learned in their fight about lopez and his shoulder would not be compromised.
No, he was not the better boxer or more skillful. The same tricks that worked on overmatched no hopers didnt work on Lopez and Loma was forced to look like an entirely different fighter. He only gained traction by throwing caution to the wind and going kamikaze to score some weak ass connects in a bunch of useless blitzes that served to annoying Lopez more than anything. Lopez didnt fear losing the fight in the 12th, he caught Loma while Loma was exposing himself throwing panic flurries like he had the last several rounds but by that point it was take a chance or go out with a whimper. He took more chances and almost got stopped. He was definitely hurt in 12th and his shoulder was fine. What happened was he couldn't win the fight like always so he had to take more chances and that got him beat worse. He will not out point Lopez, he will either get out pointed or KOd if he tries to change the tide. Lopez has his number, kicked his ass, and theres no amount of mental gymnastics you can provide to change that.

No, he was not the better boxer or more skillful. The same tricks that worked on overmatched no hopers didnt work on Lopez and Loma was forced to look like an entirely different fighter. He only gained traction by throwing caution to the wind and going kamikaze to score some weak ass connects in a bunch of useless blitzes that served to annoying Lopez more than anything. Lopez didnt fear losing the fight in the 12th, he caught Loma while Loma was exposing himself throwing panic flurries like he had the last several rounds but by that point it was take a chance or go out with a whimper. He took more chances and almost got stopped. He was definitely hurt in 12th and his shoulder was fine. What happened was he couldn't win the fight like always so he had to take more chances and that got him beat worse. He will not out point Lopez, he will either get out pointed or KOd if he tries to change the tide. Lopez has his number, kicked his ass, and theres no amount of mental gymnastics you can provide to change that.

Incorrect. Lopez was fast tiring and was clearly losing as the fight worr on. Far from beig desperate weak connects, lomachenko was scoring ucessfukly on him because ehe had figured Lopez out by then. It was in fact lopez who finally threw everything he had into desperate panic attacks in the last round to try to score more points on lomachenko so that he could win the 12th round and ensure he kept his points sdvantage. The fact that it was only the last round when he did this proves that also.

If it weren't for Lopez's length and power and the clever tricks hisfafher had figured out to pose a conundrums that took too long for lomachenkp to unravel, Lopez would have been steamroller as well. He is a skilful boxer but let's not kid ourselves that he is better than lomahchenko. If Lopez is able to be forced by the boxing organisations to fight lomachenko instead of evading him to try to keep the belts before lomachenko gets too old, their second fight will most likely turn out entirely differently and in favour of lomachenko.

Incorrect. Lopez was fast tiring and was clearly losing as the fight worr on. Far from beig desperate weak connects, lomachenko was scoring ucessfukly on him because ehe had figured Lopez out by then. It was in fact lopez who finally threw everything he had into desperate panic attacks in the last round to try to score more points on lomachenko so that he could win the 12th round and ensure he kept his points sdvantage. The fact that it was only the last round when he did this proves that also.

If it weren't for Lopez's length and power and the clever tricks hisfafher had figured out to pose a conundrums that took too long for lomachenkp to unravel, Lopez would have been steamroller as well. He is a skilful boxer but let's not kid ourselves that he is better than lomahchenko. If Lopez is able to be forced by the boxing organisations to fight lomachenko instead of evading him to try to keep the belts before lomachenko gets too old, their second fight will most likely turn out entirely differently and in favour of lomachenko.
<{nope}>

So is anyone giving Kambosos a chance in this one? Lopez should be the favourite of course but i'd love to see George get up as an Aussie

Lopez should put his money where his considerable mouth is by fighting lomacehnko then if he is supposedly so much better. Even Lomachenko's record and holding so many belts before lopez beat him deserves more respect than that.

Lopez should put his money where his considerable mouth is by fighting lomacehnko then if he is supposedly so much better. Even Lomachenko's record and holding so many belts before lopez beat him deserves more respect than that.
Thing is... he already did put his money where his mouth was, and when everything was on the line... he won. Check boxrec, it's true, Lopez won. Mindblowing, I know.

Thing is... he already did put his money where his mouth was, and when everything was on the line... he won. Check boxrec, it's true, Lopez won. Mindblowing, I know.

He had nothing on line when he fought lomachenko. He only had one title that he had just won while lomachrnko has multiple defences and was trying to unify all the belts. It was lomachrmko who laid everything on the line in his bid to unify and running out of time to do it. A single bad fight and he would be set back and have even less time to remedy it. Lopez on the other hand was ten years younger and even if he lost he would have many chances to get it back in the years ahead.

He had nothing on line when he fought lomachenko. He only had one title that he had just won while lomachrnko has multiple defences and was trying to unify all the belts. It was lomachrmko who laid everything on the line in his bid to unify and running out of time to do it. A single bad fight and he would be set back and have even less time to remedy it. Lopez on the other hand was ten years younger and even if he lost he would have many chances to get it back in the years ahead.
Lopez had everything on line, he was one who had to cement himself and rise to occasion, one chance, no rematch clause, remember? Loma's team basically said "here's your one chance, take it or leave it" and Lopez didnt really have a problem taking the title off Loma is the reality here. The only thing Loma managed to do in the latter rounds is connect more, a lot of his connects were crap. Lopez was getting him to open up. The 12th they both opened up and Lopez won every single exchange. He literally stifled Lomas original gameplan, completely shutting Loma down, and when Loma was reduced to showing some dog and having a plan B, Lopez adjusted in real time and figured that version out as well. Had Loma falling all over himself in 12th, it was a complete domination. Lomas shoulder was fine, he threw his best shots in 12th. Loma pouting post fight and complaining about judging and the postfight hospital pictures made him look like a diva, he needs to get credibility back not cry about the past. Belongs at 130.

Lopez had everything on line, he was one who had to cement himself and rise to occasion, one chance, no rematch clause, remember? Loma's team basically said "here's your one chance, take it or leave it" and Lopez didnt really have a problem taking the title off Loma is the reality here. The only thing Loma managed to do in the latter rounds is connect more, a lot of his connects were crap. Lopez was getting him to open up. The 12th they both opened up and Lopez won every single exchange. He literally stifled Lomas original gameplan, completely shutting Loma down, and when Loma was reduced to showing some dog and having a plan B, Lopez adjusted in real time and figured that version out as well. Had Loma falling all over himself in 12th, it was a complete domination. Lomas shoulder was fine, he threw his best shots in 12th. Loma pouting post fight and complaining about judging and the postfight hospital pictures made him look like a diva, he needs to get credibility back not cry about the past. Belongs at 130.

He was 23 and has probably the most potential among the current slew of rising stars - yet u talk about him as if this was his one an don't chance at the belts and if he faltered here his chance was gone forever. If lomachemko had beaten him there was no shame involved in it as lomachenko had beaten more heralded fighters and Lopez was not considered he finished article. Look at canelo - his defeat by mayweather Jr did him no harm at all and look at where he is today.

So Lopez had almost nothing to lose - he had only just won his belt the last fight. Even if he had lost it to lomachemko he could easily get it back after lomacheko retired. Time was on his side.

Lomachemko never complained about his shoulder even post fight- it was his manager who revealed it later and he went for the operation which proved it was real. In fact he had gone ahead with the fight despite having the injury - for sure Lopez would not have done that had the tables been reversed. Furthermore the injury didnt cripple his shoulder but impeded his punching ability so the fact he was able to throw punches doesn't mean he was not injured.

I like how u dismiss all of lomachenko's hits on Lopez as "crap" but the other way around it was Lopez "winning every exchange". Not very objective don't you think? The truth is that it was lomachemko who adjusted in real time to figure out Lopez to the extent thatvLopez was desperately trying to score points in the last round because he was worried he had frittered away his lead.

If what u say is true that Lopez completely shut down lomachenko etc etc then let Lopez prove it by giving a rematch. Instead he is fighting kambosos whom few would believe poss much of a threat. Because that's what too many American trained boxers do - pick and choose their fights and pad out their resume once theyvwin their belt. Lomahenko on the other hand did not let the risk of Lopez faze him but put all hisbbelts on the line. Even now in his rematch he has not taken the safe road but willfight nakatani who gave Lopez all sorts of trouble. Their choice of fights prove which one is the one who is the real champion in his mindset...

Last edited:
In a perfect world, Teofimo vs Haney gets made sometime around October to December later this year.

Back