Economy Trump finally limiting subsidies for farmers.

Sure. I'd support ending welfare and replacing it with help for people who are strengthening their communities rather than destroying them.

I'm not some hard right all the time fanatic. I also support gay marriage and a woman's right to get an abortion (although my wife is turning me around on that issue.)
Most people on welfare - which is really a broad range of services - have worked or are working. It's a myth that welfare recipients are getting a free ride while not working.

I'll never understand you weirdos. So Trump did something that's closer to Democrat policy, which is the policy you support, and you're mad about it?
Orange man bad!

If Trump kicks out all the illegal workers there will be no more farming industry in America.

We've been at full employment for years already. There aren't millions of Americans waiting to take their place.

Running low unemployment for long periods of time is not good for growth. Getting rid of millions of workers in an already stressed labor market will destroy the industry.

LEGAL immigrants can be another option. Ones that wont be exploited, or have to leach off system because hopefully, they can come to terms with employers that allow them to live a sustainable and happy lifestyle.

LEGAL immigrants can be another option. Ones that wont be exploited, or have to leach off system because hopefully, they can come to terms with employers that allow them to live a sustainable and happy lifestyle.

Why not just give the workers a path towards a legal status?

They're already here and we already need them. Just makes sense to do it that way.

Why not just give the workers a path towards a legal status?

They're already here and we already need them

They broke law, and people waiting to get in patiently and civilly, plus we not vet them. I rather not reward rule breakers.

So what it's a misdemeanor.

The people waiting in line aren't waiting in line to be farmhands.

Thats what I keep saying to the parking meter lady. I didnt get off

If certain sectors need to offer more competitive compensation to potential employees, so be it. They can go as far and wide as they need. That is price they pay for not doing it the right way from the beginning.

All well and good but you need to be careful about what you do.

108802891-56a9e2075f9b58b7d0ffaa81.jpg

Legal immigrants can not "leach" off the system, that's the beauty of legal immigrants nobody wants to appreciate. And a very good reason why immigrants don't like or want illegal immigrants.
Legal immigrants help build and sustain our nation, illegal aliens do nothing but harm it overall, overall. Overall is important because, and here's another qualifier, 'for the most part' illegal aliens are good people, however they do not overall contribute to our nation but rather drain it.
There does need to be a way to make more immigrants legal that actually understand and wish to participate in and be a part of American Life.

Thats what I keep saying to the parking meter lady. I didnt get off

If certain sectors need to offer more competitive compensation to potential employees, so be it. They can go as far and wide as they need. That is price they pay for not doing it the right way from the beginning.

The parking meter lady only charges you a small fine. She doesn't uproot your entire life over it and deport you.

The parking meter lady only charges you a small fine. She doesn't uproot your entire life over it and deport you.

It aint small in NYC, plus it adds up. If being here illegally is finable on a daily basis . . .

<{Heymansnicker}> <{Heymansnicker}> <{Heymansnicker}>

edit, actually at some point, they will tow my car to impound. Then I have to pay an even larger fee to get it back.

So if an illegal had to go through this equivalent on daily basis

<{Joewithit}> <{Joewithit}> <{Joewithit}>

Last edited:
h2apositions2018_450px.png

That is happening. The number of H-2A visa requests is increasing exponentially, the labor market and economics are driving this pattern as it is.

Excluding the migrant workers, the proportion of authorised/authorised workers is stable but newcomers dropping precipitously - about 20% in 2000, less than 2% in the last year with data 2014. The remaining workers no longer migrate much to follow the crop and are settled. The foreign born workers are getting older.
https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/farm-economy/farm-labor/#h2a

The government could have cracked down on employment at any point and farm owners could have hired through H2A, they just would have had to provided housing and a decent wage.

Back