Law Trump issues EO to reclassify social media as publishers, legally liable for user content

Do you agree with this EO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My apologies.

There is still nothing pro or anti-trump about my post. Donald Trump is twitters Golden goose. If he leaves the platform, they will go the way of my space over the next decade.

Perhaps they don’t disappear, but they most certainly will not be in the position they are today.

No probs...don't agree with anything you've said but carry on.

True but when Trump says injecting disinfectant could help your body resist Covid-19 and be proven to be factually false, and Trump denied that he ever said it in that context when video proves he did, he shouldn't go into a hissy fit when everyone and their mom calls him for his bullshit.

Unbelievable lol.

So let’s unpack this next retarded statement of yours.

My first post was criticizing anyone who thought this was a Choke.
Anyone who has attended a day 1 BJJ class, has experienced peoples reaction to being on the bottom for the first time. They freak out, they think they can’t breathe, they have an adrenaline dump, and then they’re done. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that an older guy in bad health, tussling with the police, is the prime candidate for his heart giving out.

I’m sorry that you have zero understanding of half of what goes on in the sport that you frequent the forum of.

How do you derived Donald Trump from any of that, is truly a reflection of your obsession with the man

I think I will take Jon Jones words over yours. It was a blood choke. The knee went across the guys neck. The side of the neck. Where the carotid artery is. But hey, keep thinking you know better than an actual fighter.

My apologies.

There is still nothing pro or anti-trump about my post. Donald Trump is twitters Golden goose. If he leaves the platform, they will go the way of my space over the next decade.

Perhaps they don’t disappear, but they most certainly will not be in the position they are today.

Lmao twitter will be just fine with or without Trump. Twitter was huge before he was ever running for President. You live in a sad fantasy world.

I would like to point out the Retarded Right wing logic here regarding Trump and Twitter. So, you consider fact checking to be censorship. And Twitter should be a utility everyone should have access to. Meanwhile internet access isn't even considered a utility and is required in order to use Twitter. And healthcare isn't even considered important enough to be a human right.

So in order of importance according to Trumptards. 1) Twitter bends over and kisses their poor victimized asses. That should be a human right. But not healthcare.
Lmao you can't make this shit up.

Trump is insane. A petulant child with a fragile snowflake ego. Massive narcissism to boot.
4 More years of that orange retard is going to be gold standard entertainment.

I think I will take Jon Jones words over yours. It was a blood choke. The knee went across the guys neck. The side of the neck. Where the carotid artery is. But hey, keep thinking you know better than an actual fighter.

I think I’ll take the word of the coroner who did the autopsy.

<seedat>

John Jones is alright though, he’s no Anderson Silva, but he’s alright.

Lmao twitter will be just fine with or without Trump. Twitter was huge before he was ever running for President. You live in a sad fantasy world.
Their value in 2016, was $14 genius.

There is zero argument, Trump is their golden goose.

This is insane. It's almost like Trump and his supporters got blessed that the tragic George Floyd situation happened when they intend to pass laws stifling Twitter and SocMed.

Trump got to office partially because of Twitter. Now he is battling Twitter due to his boner to win the re-election.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52853168
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/technology/trump-twitter.html

Trump attacking Twitter is a lot like Trump attacking and firing Comey.

He doesn't even realize that Twitter and Comey are two of the main reasons he won the fucking election by 70k votes.

Concession accepted.

You know next to nothing about economic issues.
Says the guy who thinks a trillion dollar deficit during a booming economy was a brilliant idea.. lol.

The last laugh will be had by the historians in 50 years and the giant shit they will take all over the trump administration.

Exactly. And no one is suggesting otherwise. But if you have a site like a newspaper, you could be liable for libelous stories you print. If you have a site that is a neutral forum, you won't be held liable for comments users make on it, even if they are libelous.

This is a made-up distinction. You're basically saying that the gov't needs to give people a license (indicating that they are "neutral") to speak freely. Furthermore, even if someone granted that ridiculous standard, how would one even determine if a forum with millions of users is "neutral"? The answer is that it's impossible, but the president is determining that they are not "neutral" and harassing them because they flagged one of his posts for misleading information, and your willingness to go along with it is indicative of your rejection of the idea of free speech.

Where are all the right-wingers who have been saying that criticism by college students is an infringement on free speech? @Social Distance Warrior? Seems to me that the president trying to shut down a company to silence criticism and many Republicans supporting that effort is the biggest threat to free speech in my lifetime.

I think you're missing the point. Speech isn't a gift that the government grants as long as you don't criticize them. For those of us who believe in free speech, the idea that the gov't needs to give you some special designation to have it is abhorrent.

The government shouldn't have to take action. The platforms need to stop censoring, limiting and editorializing other peoples speech.

Speech infringement is wrong. Whether being done by a "platform" or a state.

This is the government stepping in to stop corporate censorship. It's a good thing.

If an author writes a libelous statements, you don't sue the bookstore, as they are not the culprit. Now if hey start editing books and leave libelous statements in them, they should become liable.

If the platforms want to curate content beyond criminal activity, they should have the responsibility to curate everything.

Either curate everything or go back to being a platform.

No more selective curation while enjoying the legal protections afforded to platforms.

Platforms are for the open exchange of ideas. We shouldn't be giving tax money to a company abusing the legal protections afforded by section 230 to push agendas and direct traffic away from people they don't like....

Last edited:
So platforms like Twitter and Facebook that have invested countless millions of dollars into algorithms designed to manipulate people, lie, spread false information and force political beliefs on people, may get regulated for doing so?

The horror!

Listening to libs talk about “Facts” is more ironical than escalators leading to a gym

I said "source" your claim, not post a Breitbart article. That's the WR equivalent of tapping.
I provided other sources as well. Anything to dispute or you just going to dismiss because you hate jews?

I would expect anti-semites and racists to hate Brietbart and their jewish founder.

Back