TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free play torres decision with Lima dec at +525?

Sounds like a good bet but I don't think I need to freeplay it. Let the greed takeover.

Cost 65 of 200 on Torres dec win

taking yoder-hill inside -- +190. somehow this pays better than U2.5 does

i could see a hill KO or a yoder SUB. really could. and yoder looking like death with another tough weight cut prolly doesn't help her

Itd on wmma straws kinda risky only @ +190

the short notice is not an issue as he was training in colorado with blaydes for his fight with omiel

laying -250 against a guy with a collegiate wrestling background who is going to probably have a 20 pound weight advantage is pretty risky.

Training and training for a fight are completely different

Pre-tape I would've agreed with everyone that Roehrick's wrestling background makes Cannon a risky bet, but the guy is pretty bad. His wrestling has not transitioned to MMA well. You can watch all his available fights in 30 mins, I'm perfectly fine with the price on Cannonier

Yoder is tough and hard to finish though, then consider she'll be trying to tieup Hill limiting Hills strikng adv for intermittent lengths. Also consider Yoders height and Hills use of knees, Hill does have some power n her hands though not enough for a clean knockout. She'll have to hit Yoder repeatedly with punches while avoiding the clinch. Yoders height also will work against her getting takedowns. I dont think Yoder will take Hill down and if she does I dont think shes good at holding position. Think Hill wins a 30-27 or 30-26 if she can get time to work at distance. Dont think Yoder has any real shot at a decision, think she wins by sub or not at all.

On Roehrick, I wouldnt say his standup is that bad, he keeps distance and stays defense minded, hes taller and bigger than Cannonier and uses his length. Think odds are way off but Roehrick has faced some terrible compettion and who knows how he deals with Cannonier landed on him, think Cannoniers best shot is KO. I was watching an interview where Cannonier was talkin about how hes a Killa Gorilla fro top position and that you would see that against Bosse, says hes been training both offensive and defense takedowns. Well, may be crazy but Cannonier has been training a takedown game and would not be surprised to see him attempt a few and end up on his back. Think Roehrck should pick up a 30-27 here or get KOed.

As well as my normal bets I'm going to try a rolling £200 series of bets. Will be a series of singles and doubles starting from the first 2 fights. If it comes in I will then roll over the winnings to the next fight if it takes my fancy, if not it will be on to the next fight(s).

Starting with £200 on Teruto Ishihara ML + Torres vs Lima Over 2.5 rounds @1.74 for £348 return.

Already stated my reasons as to why I favour Ishihara as well as fade Maynard. Maynard has lost any explosiveness he had and won't be able to implement a takedown heavy game, especially not shooting in the center of the Octagon. When he has no success on the feet he gets frustrated and ends up getting tagged even more and becomes predictable. Ishihara darts in and out, high output and good power, I think he lands a bomb or a big elbow and puts him away.

Torres vs Lima, already gave my views on that too. Lima has the physical attributes but not a lot of skill to utilise them, fairly accurate striking but not a lot of power, best chance is likely to clinch and dirty box as well as trying to mix in takedowns. Torres is more skilled, prefers to kick from the outside but again; very little power to put someone away. A kickboxing match played at range, perhaps some clinch exchanges but I'd be shocked if this doesn't go the distance and go to Torres.

Last edited:
Michael Johnson KO/DEC +100 (365bet).

I was planning to livebet the Main event but I like that line

Pre-tape I would've agreed with everyone that Roehrick's wrestling background makes Cannon a risky bet, but the guy is pretty bad. His wrestling has not transitioned to MMA well. You can watch all his available fights in 30 mins, I'm perfectly fine with the price on Cannonier

I agree with you, still I would be careful betting Cannonier. The tape from Nick was like 2 years ago in HW. I didn't find his last fights, the guy could be way better now and Cannonier has shown bad TDD and he was going to fight against Bosse, a brawler.

Better pass and just livebet imo.

I agree with you, still I would be careful betting Cannonier. The tape from Nick was like 2 years ago in HW. I didn't find his last fights, the guy could be way better now and Cannonier has shown bad TDD and he was going to fight against Bosse, a brawler.

Better pass and just livebet imo.

His most recent fight from April 2017 is available, he beats an absolute bum in a lacklustre performance

Free play torres decision with Lima dec at +525?

Sounds like a good bet but I don't think I need to freeplay it. Let the greed takeover.

Cost 65 of 200 on Torres dec win
I like it. Was gonna play it but too much money tied up elsewhere.

Not that they are exactly comparable but a lot of this talk is so similar to Luke Jumeau before fighting Steele.

And although I bet Jumeau I agree in his previous 3 fights before the UFC he looked lacklustre, was taken down and had his back taken by on paper what would be "bums" so everyone near enough was on Steele because he was a step up in opponent and skill than Jumeau's previous opponents who he didn't beat utterly convincingly.

Not saying Roehrick is a lock, like I said previously Cannonier is a rightful fav here but it's just stupid to right Roehrick off completely, this on fight night could look like a HW vs a potential MW too.

Obviously we can only really go by his previous fight footage but there is no certainty that he doesn't look a lot better here and win, to completely right him off his ignorant.

Last edited:
Notable size difference between Roehrick and Cannonier as expected.

Surprised how much bigger Herman was that Dollaway at 205.

i think dollaway looks much better physically at 205. he never looked like a big mw but apparently he was cutting a shitload of weight, he says the cut was affecting his performances.

i know a lot of people aren't touching this fight but i feel cb is the better striker, wrestler and athlete - feel pretty confident in him.

i think dollaway looks much better physically at 205. he never looked like a big mw but apparently he was cutting a shitload of weight, he says the cut was affecting his performances.

i know a lot of people aren't touching this fight but i feel cb is the better striker, wrestler and athlete - feel pretty confident in him.

Although I agree for the most part both guys hit hard and have be put clean out before. I like fight does not go the distance here.

Full props up. Value in Herman TKO/KO +430 or SUB +642. I prefer the TKO/KO line

Re: Ladd/Eye

Man, I hope this is posturing, but according to Megan Olivi on the weigh-in show, she said Ladd plans on standing in the pocket with Eye and trading. I like Ladd and her fight iq, so maybe this is showmanship, but giving Eye her best (and only) chance to win is not something you want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back