PBP TUF 31 Team Chandler vs. Team McGregor Watch Party PbP and full season discussion: Tuesdays 10 ET

Which team will win?

• Team Chandler

• Team McGregor

Results are only viewable after voting.
biggest comeback in sports history
hysterical-laughter.gif

TUF has matured a lot, for sure. I remember the seasons of Jackass-style antics and Real World-style spats in the house. Not sure if this was a great season, but the show has definitely evolved in a way.

Why is Conor standing in the cage. You haven’t got any guys left. You lost the season lmao

TUF has matured a lot, for sure. I remember the seasons of Jackass-style antics and Real World-style spats in the house. Not sure if this was a great season, but the show has definitely evolved in a way.
The last two TUFs were awful. I don't get what they want to do
They promote the weird antics of some coaches. They give the impression some fighters are half out of MMA (McGregor, Nunes) and don't promote the fighters that are in the house. Among the prospects, no one showed any personality we will remember
They should hire a TV exec that works on sports stuff (for example the Netflix or Amazon sports shows) or reality TV stuff to create something different, something new or get rid of TUF

Cheers for another TUF series in the books, and to everyone who spent time hanging out in this thread every Tuesdays.
<LeeOne01><GinJuice>

Mad props to the great @PurpleStorm for hosting this season's watch party/pbp thread. You've been doing lot of great work all year bud! ;)
<RomeroSalute><LynchWink><Irene2>

Watched the fight this morning.

I'll give him credit for being tough but geez, Rico looked like a fish out of water at points. Besides the stupid "slip" in which it looked like his feet just stopped working for a second, at one point he had recovered half guard and gave up on it to try to squirm away. Another time, Gibson was too high on his back and slipped off allowing Rico to get back to his feet. Gibson immediately took him down in the ensuing scramble.

Just looked like several different levels of skill on the ground. As a near 37 year old "prospect" with a dubious record (only known fighter he fought prior was Montel Jackson 5 years ago and he lost), it might be time to reconsider the dream of being an MMA fighter.

Just looked at his last 2 wins in 2022 (after a 4 year layoff), one guy is currently 2-19 and MMA so you know that means almost nothing.

Brad Katona seems like a huge dickwad. Can tell even moreso in his media for fight week today.

Think there's a shot of Knight, Roberts and Timur getting another shot in the UFC off this? Wouldn't be against it whatsoever. If I had my way personally I'd say give them the following fights or something close. Makes sense to put them in matches with people coming off losses as it could be a one and done thing should they lose.

Roosevelt Roberts vs. Jai Herbert
Jason Knight vs. Lando Vannata
Timur Valiev vs. Davey Grant

Think there's a shot of Knight, Roberts and Timur getting another shot in the UFC off this? Wouldn't be against it whatsoever. If I had my way personally I'd say give them the following fights or something close. Makes sense to put them in matches with people coming off losses as it could be a one and done thing should they lose.

Roosevelt Roberts vs. Jai Herbert
Jason Knight vs. Lando Vannata
Timur Valiev vs. Davey Grant
Knight vs Vannata would be groovy

Rico saying the only reason he lost is because he slipped (and was well on his way to the wrong end of a 10-8 to a guy with a torn up knee) is my favorite part of this season so far, right in front of Gibson telling Katona there are 16 guys in this house and 15 don't like you

Sorry guys I'm sure I'm late to the party, but it's there really no ultimate finale for this season?

Back