Television TV Show Thread

Michael B. Jordan Developing Black SUPERMAN Limited Series for HBO Max Featuring Val-Zod

9PPPZ2k.jpg

Collider is reporting that Michael B. Jordan is producing his own Superman project for HBO Max through his Outlier Society production company. Whereas Ta-Nehisi Coates and J.J. Abrams' movie is expected to feature a Black Kal-El in a period setting, this one - likely a lower budgeted project like Batgirl - will put the spotlight on Val-Zod.

An unknown writer is currently hard at work on the screenplay, but Jordan is producing and could even take on the lead role (which would finally mean he suits up as Superman).

The actor previously laughed off claims he'll play Kal-El in the Abrams-produced feature, saying "I’m flattered that people have me in that conversation. It’s definitely a compliment, but I’m just watching on this one." Many fans were surprised by how dismissive he was at the time, though some context might be found in a recent piece from Black Girl Nerds' Jamie Broadnax.

Her sources revealed that, "Jordan has not wanted to engage in conversations about racebending Kal-El for the same reasons many of the fans are pushing back on the current Warner Bros. re-imagined version of Clark Kent, but that he would be interested in engaging on a Black Superman project centering on the Val-Zod storyline."

Her belief is that it's tone-deaf of Warner Bros. and DC to "racebend a white character and erase Black characters that already exist in the DC universe under the Superman banner - Calvin Ellis and Val-Zod."

It's hard to argue with that.

As for Val-Zod, his story is both different and similar to Clark Kent's, though his arrival on Earth saw him found by a man named Terry Sloan who offered him asylum in an effort to "protect" him from the outside world. Eventually, he'd learn to master his powers and became Earth-2's Superman.

UPDATE: The site just tweeted out that, "Sources have since reached out to clarify that [Michael B. Jordan's] Black Superman project about Val-Zod is, in fact, being written as a limited series for HBO Max." The original story follows:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/supe...d-may-take-on-the-lead-role-a186705#gs.6nvbh3

Anyone got a show to recommend on the off chance I've somehow missed it?

I like drama/action/crime mainly

Just finished Gotham, was pretty good.

Been hooked on this Italian show called Gomorrah. I feel too many shows/movies about organized crime/the mob glorify things but this does the exact opposite.

Stopped after a couple of seasons. Not a single likable character.

Anyone got a show to recommend on the off chance I've somehow missed it?

I like drama/action/crime mainly

Just finished Gotham, was pretty good.
PERSON OF INTEREST

First season was entertaining and episodic. Second and third seasons are God-tier.

@Loiosh Have you watch the Trollhunters movie? It's the finale of the Tales of Arcadia universe featuring Trollhunters, 3Below and Wizards.

Great animation. Good movie but I did not like the ending. They messed it up which causes a lot of problems story-wise. Will go into details after you see this.

latest

@Loiosh Have you watch the Trollhunters movie? It's the finale of the Tales of Arcadia universe featuring Trollhunters, 3Below and Wizards.

Great animation. Good movie but I did not like the ending. They messed it up which causes a lot of problems story-wise. Will go into details after you see this.

latest

I haven't, I'll check it out this week. Thanks for the head's up.

has anyone seen the white lotus on hbo?
kind of interesting show so far. it's about a vacation resort in hawaii, and there's something iffy going on.
and also daddario and her juicers are in it...

What zombie show has the worst characters and why is it Black Summer?

Ugh, some of those characters are so stupid.

Finished up Mr. Inbetween. Great show, not sure I loved the end though.

Was she that bad?

I haven't watched Who in forever.

Take everything you know about Doctor Who and throw it out the fucking window because this Doctor is a woman. Get fucking woke bro! Like most sci-fi they've always been ahead of the curve when it comes to social issues, but this is on a whole new level. Kennedy's Star Wars and the new Star Treks have nothing on the new Doctor Who when it comes to the woke Olympics. It's beyond cringe.
They threw out so much lore and turned it into a horrible SJW shit show. The viewing numbers for the last season episodes were in the top 10 worst viewed episodes of all time, going all the way back to the 50’s. They were only getting about 4 million views and episode. When confronted with numbers, the producers doubled down and said some stupid shit like they're glad the old fans aren't watching.
You've heard people for years whine about shows being ruined by SJW stuff, IMO this is the first actual example of that happening.

Last edited:
Was she that bad?

I haven't watched Who in forever.
She wasn't really the main problem. I was down for a female Doctor, just like I was down for a female Jedi lead in the Disney SW trilogy. Like that abomination, it was the awful writing and agenda-driven showrunner Chris Chibnell that ruined Doctor Who. I just watched her in a BBC detective show called Broadchurch. She's excellent in it, amazing series, and I believe Chibnell was the showrunner there.

In fact, the best Doctor is in Broadchurch with her, along with many other DW actors.
PM_20704823.jpg

It's crazy how great that was and how terrible her run as the Doc was.

She did herself and the series little service by shitting on the fans when the ratings started tanking. It didn't help either that she did little to no research on the series, or the previous Doctor's. She and Chibnell weren't fans of the show, but like Nick Meyer proved (director of Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan) you don't have to be a fan of what you're making, so long as you put in the love, care, and time to understand it.

Her and Chibnell's run with Doctor Who was 90% beyond far left politics. I know I've taken some pot shots at your politics, but believe me man, from the writing room, to casting, this was agenda over anything. They butchered the lore so badly, I don't think it can be salvaged. It needs a long pause at the very least.

This is the epitome of get woke go broke.

Back