Television TV Show Thread

Any non shit movies on amazon prime?
I just discovered Amazon has a free ad supported TV streaming service called Freevee and it has some movies I want to watch as well as Lost TV show. I don't think Jack Ryan is there though. I think there's a stripper documentary.

HBO Cancels WESTWORLD After Its Recent Fourth Season

westworld-season-4-teaser-3-1660521863631.jpg

HBO has switched off Westworld. The network has decided to cancel the sci-fi drama after its recent fourth season.

It’s an unexpected fate for a series that was once considered one of HBO’s biggest tentpoles — an acclaimed mystery-box drama that racked up 54 Emmy award nominations (including a supporting actress win for Thandiwe Newton).

Yet linear ratings for the pricey series fell off sharply for its third season, and then dropped even further for season four. Westworld’s critic average on Rotten Tomatoes likewise declined from the mid-80s for its first two seasons to the mid-70s for the latter two. Fans increasingly griped that the show became confusing and tangled in its mythology and lacked characters to root for. Looming over all of this is the fact Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav has pledged aggressive cost cutting, though network insiders maintain that saving money was not a factor in the show’s cancelation.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/hbo-cancels-westworld-1235255955/

HBO has switched off Westworld. The network has decided to cancel the sci-fi drama after its recent fourth season.

It’s an unexpected fate for a series that was once considered one of HBO’s biggest tentpoles — an acclaimed mystery-box drama that racked up 54 Emmy award nominations (including a supporting actress win for Thandiwe Newton).

Yet linear ratings for the pricey series fell off sharply for its third season, and then dropped even further for season four. Westworld’s critic average on Rotten Tomatoes likewise declined from the mid-80s for its first two seasons to the mid-70s for the latter two. Fans increasingly griped that the show became confusing and tangled in its mythology and lacked characters to root for. Looming over all of this is the fact Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav has pledged aggressive cost cutting, though network insiders maintain that saving money was not a factor in the show’s cancelation.

I never even bothered with Season 4. Is it worth it?

Either Freevee or Pluto has a streaming channel showing subtitled Power Ranger type giant robot show. Impressed it's in Japanese with English subs. They also have a Lego cartoon channel.

its a shame it dropped so bad after season 1 and season 2. Season 1 was epic, season 2 was still good. I dont think I've finished season 3

I've always been a big SG fan so I'm probably biased . . . but I'd say it was worth the watch for Sci-Fi fans.

Richard D Anderson said the Gate was the greatest storrytelling device ever.

I loved the episodes with Martin, the alien.

And the Groundhog Day episode

Anyone seen season 2 of Gangs of London? It's a gore masterpiece in some scenes... really over the top shiiiet. First season was like before the pandemic

Anyone seen season 2 of Gangs of London? It's a gore masterpiece in some scenes... really over the top shiiiet. First season was like before the pandemic
gore masterpiece? sign me up

gore masterpiece? sign me up

gore masterpiece but a storytelling travesty. Its horrible, 1st season was an 8 , second and most reviews agree, is barely a 5 if that. Ridiculously dumb, running in circles with unappealing characters.

gore masterpiece but a storytelling travesty. Its horrible, 1st season was an 8 , second and most reviews agree, is barely a 5 if that. Ridiculously dumb, running in circles with unappealing characters.
Hrm that takes the shine off somewhat, I’ll have to see if it holds my attention

Back