Television TV Show Thread

I could have sworn there was a thread for it, but I couldn't find it....but, anyways, 'The Interview with a Vampire" series first episode was actually really good.

Solid start and set up. I like all of the cast, and I was pleasantly surprised with "Grey Worm" because the only acting I've seen of him was in GoT, which had to of been one of the easiest acting jobs of all time.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll check it out tonight.

So it looks like Jon Bernthal could be coming back as the Punisher and will be introduced during Daredevil series on Disney plus of all things.

Dead
On
Arrival.

They made Shaggy black.
They made Velma lesbian.

And they're probably going to make Scooby a shih tzu.

Just read that the Midnight Club sets the record for most jump scares in an opening episode.
Might have to give it a chance.

Just read that the Midnight Club sets the record for most jump scares in an opening episode.
Might have to give it a chance.

It looked good in the description of the show and the plot but man... Im about 4 eps in now and nothing has happened yet. The description gives a Crypt Keeper or Twilight Zone type stories vibe, they gather there and tell cool stories.
But its not that at all. Without spoilers, the plot is sth else entirely, those stories are just some SUPER LAME stories the kids make up, nothing like awesome twists in supernatural or sci-fi like Twilight Zone , but just straight forward stories for most part with links to their normal lifes.

The main plot is sth else, but 4 eps in, that is 4 hours, nothing yet. ZERO. Total opposite of shows like Sopranos or Wire where each episode from start to credits was filled with cool events and writing. This seems like 99% new shows nowadays ,just endless stretching of material.

I've got two episodes left of Suburra. I've been watching it for the first time while rewatching Gomorrah to see how they stack up against each other.
Honestly I prefer Suburra for the intricate characters and humanization of them. I think it's a bit over the top at times and they get away with crimes like the teflon Don's that were the Sons of Anarchy. But I find it largely more enjoyable than Gomorrah. Gomorrah however is much more serious, realistic and hard hitting. I suppose comparing the two is like comparing Sons of Anarchy with the Sopranos. They're two different style of shows that work for different reasons.
I can see why people prefer Gomorrah over Suburra however one thing about both shows annoys the shit out of me, the filters they use for filming, Gomorrah uses a dull grey washed out (Like it's always overcast) filter to make everything look depressing. Suburra however is relatively normal until they show the Sinti and all of a sudden it's like we've been transported to an American film showing Mexico. Everything is brighter and has a weird orange filter. To me I feel there is a point where filters are necessary and I think to a degree both shows could have done without them.

Suburra 8.5/10
I preferred it but it's not a perfect show it has imperfections just as it's characters do
Gomorrah 9/10
An all round good hard hitting show. The characters did lack a bit of charm, but it is a near perfect crime drama.

Finished Suburra last night, the ending felt hollow, it didn't ruin things like Game of Thrones, but it felt rushed (probably because half way through production netflix told them it was the final season) Great show enjoyed it all now I'll watch the movie.

Scooby should have been a pitbull.

Scooby dooby Doo, where are you? We need some kids to kill now

too-soon-supernatural.gif

The series finale of 'See' was solid. Good ending for the characters and the show.

'The Winchesters'
I was a big fan of 'Supernatural', particularly seasons 1 - 5. Quality dropped big time after that, but there were still some solid seasons in there, and it was a fun show that was unique.
When Jensen Ackles came up with the idea for this show, I thought he had something cool in mind, but....
First episode is top tier CW garbage. Terrible writing and terrible acting.
Of all the shows to shoehorn a gay/binary/trans (i honestly dont know what this person is supposed to be, but theyre flamboyant to a ridiculous degree) monster hunter in the 70s....this ain't the one.
Demons were high tiered bad guys in Supernatural, and they're absolute cans here.

The series finale of 'See' was solid. Good ending for the characters and the show.

'The Winchesters'
I was a big fan of 'Supernatural', particularly seasons 1 - 5. Quality dropped big time after that, but there were still some solid seasons in there, and it was a fun show that was unique.
When Jensen Ackles came up with the idea for this show, I thought he had something cool in mind, but....
First episode is top tier CW garbage. Terrible writing and terrible acting.
Of all the shows to shoehorn a gay/binary/trans (i honestly dont know what this person is supposed to be, but theyre flamboyant to a ridiculous degree) monster hunter in the 70s....this ain't the one.
Demons were high tiered bad guys in Supernatural, and they're absolute cans here.

what this is out already...i remember him saying "ive got an idea" .. going to check it out now, thx for reminder.
Sad youre saying its cw garbage, from what ive seenin interviews and so, the guy is quick on his feet and has great humour, youd figure some of that translates into writing, being more original. :(

and yea, See finale was so so, nicely wrapped but IMO a bit silly (I dont want to see anymore ..come on) and also, did the main guy really need to do that :/

what this is out already...i remember him saying "ive got an idea" .. going to check it out now, thx for reminder.
Sad youre saying its cw garbage, from what ive seenin interviews and so, the guy is quick on his feet and has great humour, youd figure some of that translates into writing, being more original. :(

and yea, See finale was so so, nicely wrapped but IMO a bit silly (I dont want to see anymore ..come on) and also, did the main guy really need to do that :/
Yeah, I was surprised it came out so fast, but it's here.
I like the guy, and like you said, from the interviews ive seen with him over the years, he has a good sense of humor and seems like a guy that gets 'it'. And since this was his original idea, and not a CW cash grab, I was expecting a lot more.
I'll still give it a few episodes before I bail, but the first ep was bad.
Apparently, Tom Welling (Smallville) will be Samuel Winchester in the show, so we'll see if he brings something to the show.

haha I could see both sides of the "I don't want to see anymore"...for his particular situation, I think it makes sense though. But yeah, nothing spectacular, but I thought it was a pretty decent end to a pretty decent series.

I just finished 'The Old Man'.
Great show, but WTF with that cliffhanger? What a bizarre way to end the season

I just started a show called 'Shantaram'. There's 3 eps out so far. It stars Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) and he escapes prison and ends up starting a new life in India. It's pretty good so far.

Anyone seen “You” on Netflix?

I made it through the first two seasons, and it was kinda silly but still entertaining enough.

Season 3 however was the most infuriating shit imaginable, and I stopped watching halfway through.

This girl has been literally killing to be with a guy because she’s so in love, then they finally get together and have a baby, and she immediately goes and fucks some random high school kid. Probably the worst turn I’ve ever seen in any TV show.

Anyone seen “You” on Netflix?

I made it through the first two seasons, and it was kinda silly but still entertaining enough.

Season 3 however was the most infuriating shit imaginable, and I stopped watching halfway through.

This girl has been literally killing to be with a guy because she’s so in love, then they finally get together and have a baby, and she immediately goes and fucks some random high school kid. Probably the worst turn I’ve ever seen in any TV show.

I like You, felt Season Two was more of a dip than Three. So far One is far and away the GOAT. Excited for Four in February

Back