Television TV Show Thread

GAME OF THRONES Prequel Starts Filming in Northern Ireland; First Production Still Released

a57MUKL.jpg

The Game of Thrones prequel is officially underway. Filming has quietly begun on the untitled follow-up to HBO’s fantasy sensation, which is shooting a pilot this summer in hopes for a series order.

The shooting location is a familiar one: Northern Ireland, which served as the production of hub for GoT during its entire run. It’s not yet clear if the prequel will also shoot in other countries as well.

The GoT prequel is from showrunner Jane Goldman (X-Men: First Class) along with author George R.R. Martin and director S.J. Clarkson (Jessica Jones). The story is set thousands of years (roughly 5,000, according to Martin) before the events in GoT.

“Westeros is a very different place,” Martin told EW previously. “There’s no King’s Landing. There’s no Iron Throne. There are no Targaryens — Valyria has hardly begun to rise yet with its dragons and the great empire that it built. We’re dealing with a different and older world and hopefully that will be part of the fun of the series.”

The show boasts an ensemble cast led by Naomi Watts (King Kong) along with Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, Miranda Richardson, Josh Whitehouse, Jamie Campbell Bower, Sheila Atim, Ivanno Jeremiah, Alex Sharp and Toby Regbo.

Martin has suggested the show will be titled The Long Night, which was also the title of the third episode of GoT‘s final season. If the pilot is greenlit to series, the earliest we’re likely to see the show on the air is late 2020; with the spring of 2021 a more likely launch target given that’s when HBO preferred to premiere seasons of GoT.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/18/game-of-thrones-prequel-filming/

GAME OF THRONES Prequel Starts Filming in Northern Ireland; First Production Still Released

a57MUKL.jpg

The Game of Thrones prequel is officially underway. Filming has quietly begun on the untitled follow-up to HBO’s fantasy sensation, which is shooting a pilot this summer in hopes for a series order.

The shooting location is a familiar one: Northern Ireland, which served as the production of hub for GoT during its entire run. It’s not yet clear if the prequel will also shoot in other countries as well.

The GoT prequel is from showrunner Jane Goldman (X-Men: First Class) along with author George R.R. Martin and director S.J. Clarkson (Jessica Jones). The story is set thousands of years (roughly 5,000, according to Martin) before the events in GoT.

“Westeros is a very different place,” Martin told EW previously. “There’s no King’s Landing. There’s no Iron Throne. There are no Targaryens — Valyria has hardly begun to rise yet with its dragons and the great empire that it built. We’re dealing with a different and older world and hopefully that will be part of the fun of the series.”

The show boasts an ensemble cast led by Naomi Watts (King Kong) along with Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, Miranda Richardson, Josh Whitehouse, Jamie Campbell Bower, Sheila Atim, Ivanno Jeremiah, Alex Sharp and Toby Regbo.

Martin has suggested the show will be titled The Long Night, which was also the title of the third episode of GoT‘s final season. If the pilot is greenlit to series, the earliest we’re likely to see the show on the air is late 2020; with the spring of 2021 a more likely launch target given that’s when HBO preferred to premiere seasons of GoT.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/18/game-of-thrones-prequel-filming/

I think it being set so far before the last ones gives it a good chance at success. There's no source material which hurts but just because there's no source material doesn't mean it's going to be bad, it's up to the new runners. I think I got more faith in that LOTR adaptation coming up or maybe even that Wheel of Time but who knows. One of these big fantasy shows will be a hit I reckon it's just hard to say which one it's going to be.

The Detour is back. And it's the best comedy show on right now

Rosamund Pike Lands the Lead Role in Amazon's WHEEL OF TIME Live-Action TV Series

k7XiImU.jpg

It's official: Amazon's anticipated and long-gestating Wheel of Time TV series is moving forward and has cast its lead. Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl, Die Another Day) has landed the leading role in the live-action fantasy series based on Robert Jordan's best-selling novels.

The Wheel of Time is set in a sprawling, epic world where magic exists and only certain women are allowed to access it. The drama follows Moiraine (Pike), a member of the incredibly powerful all-female organization called the Aes Sedai, as she arrives in the small town of Two Rivers. There, she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women, one of whom is prophesied to be the Dragon Reborn, who will either save or destroy humanity.

Picked up to series in October, Rave Judkins (Agents of SHIELD, Hemlock Grove) serves as showrunner and will adapt Jordan's novels for television. He will executive produce alongside Larry Mondragon and Rick Selvage of Red Eagle Entertainment (Winter Dragon); Ted Field and Mike Weber of Radar Pictures (Jumanji); Darren Lemke (Shazam); Marigo Kehoe; and Uta Briesewitz. The latter will direct the first two episodes.

In addition to her leading role, Pike will be credited as a producer on the series, with Harriet McDougal and Brandon Sanderson on board as consulting producers. The Wheel of Time is a co-production between Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television. The series was developed by Amazon's former head of genre Sharon Tal Yguado, who departed in May.

"The Wheel of Time is endlessly fascinating and resonates hugely with fans as one of the best-selling global book franchises, and we were drawn to its timely narrative featuring powerful women at the core,” Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke said last year when the series was officially picked up.

The Wheel of Time fantasy series consists of 15 volumes, a prequel novel and two companion books. The series has sold more than 90 million books since its 1984 debut, making it one of the most popular and enduring fantasy series of all time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...samund-pike-star-amazon-fantasy-drama-1219624

James Marsden in Talks for the Lead in Stephen King's THE STAND TV Series

h1PbuBy.jpg

James Marsden is in talks for lead roles in The Stand, an adaptation of Stephen King's novel at CBS All Access.

The 10-episode series from Josh Boone (The Fault in Our Stars) and Ben Cavell (Justified, Homeland) is the second based on King's 1978 novel. ABC aired a well-reviewed and highly watched six-hour miniseries based on the book in 1994.

The Stand tells the story of a world decimated by a plague and locked in an elemental struggle between good and evil. The novel also features the first appearance of long-running King character Randall Flagg, an embodiment of evil; in the book, he's pitted against 108-year-old Mother Abigail and the survivors of the plague.

Marsden (Westworld) is set to play Stu Redman, who is immune to the virus that wiped out much of the population and becomes a leader of the survivors. Gary Sinise played the role in the ABC miniseries.

The Stand has been a passion project for Boone, who first read the book when he was 12. He was tapped to write a feature-film adaptation in 2014, which morphed into a four-film series and then, eventually, the version that CBS All Access is making.

Boone and Cavell are executive producing The Stand with Roy Lee, Jimmy Miller and Richard P. Rubinstein. Will Weiske and Miri Yoon are co-exec producers, and King's son, Owen King, will produce.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/james-marsden-circling-stand-at-cbs-all-access-1220397

im watching the office for the 30th time.

its funny because this is really how it is being a manager

RIP Willie Tanner

Max Wright, best known as the father on the 1980s sitcom ALF, died Wednesday at his home in California. He was 75.

Wright passed away from cancer, our sister site Deadline reports.

He played Willie Tanner for all four seasons of ALF, NBC’s comedy about an alien life form, which meant he often had to act opposite a puppet of the titular character. Though the series went for laughs, “It was hard work, and very grim,” Wright later told People of the job.

Wright’s other TV work included Cheers, Norm, Quantum Leap, Mad About You, Friends, Hart to Hart, Misfits of Science and ABC’s 1994 miniseries adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand. On the big screen, he had roles in films including All That Jazz, Snow Falling on Cedars and Soul Man.

His wife, Linda Ybarrando, died in 2017. He is survived by two children.

This will probably only matter to me, and maybe like 5 others, and I do not know it will be released in the west, but yay.

SANDMAN TV Series from Neil Gaiman and David Goyer in the Works at Netflix

pqsdDAv.jpg

Neil Gaiman's beloved Vertigo comic Sandman is finally coming to the screen. More than three years after New Line's failed attempt to turn the graphic novel into a feature film, Netflix has signed what sources describe as a massive financial deal with Warner Bros. Television to adapt the best-seller into a live-action TV series. Sources familiar with the pact note it is the most expensive TV series that DC Entertainment has ever done.

Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman, ABC's The Catch, Grey's Anatomy) is set to write and serve as showrunner on the straight-to-series drama. Gaiman, who created the ongoing monthly comic, will executive produce alongside David Goyer. Gaiman and Goyer were both attached to New Line's most recent attempts to adapt Sandman for the big screen.

The Netflix take represents the first Sandman TV series after numerous efforts to adapt Gaiman's horror, fantasy and mythology tale about Morpheus, the Lord of Dreams, and the Endless, the powerful group of siblings that includes Destiny, Death, Destruction, Despair, Desire and Delirium (as well as Dream).

Attempts to turn Sandman into a feature film franchise started in the 1990s with Warner Bros. — the parent company of Vertigo, the former imprint of DC Comics. The project went through multiple incarnations and writers in the 1990s and early 2000s and eventually toiled away in development purgatory. Gaiman, whose work has been adapted for TV with Starz's American Gods and Amazon's Good Omens, announced in late 2013 that he was teaming with Joseph Gordon-Levitt for a feature film that wound up being set up at Warner Bros.-owned New Line. Gordon-Levitt was set to star and direct before bailing on the film following creative differences with the studio in March 2016. Eric Heisserer, the last screenwriter attached to New Line's Sandman, said in November 2016 that he was no longer involved.

"I … came to the conclusion that the best version of this property exists as an HBO series or limited series, not as a feature film, not even as a trilogy," Heisserer told iO9 then. "The structure of the feature film really doesn't mesh with this. So I went back and said here's the work that I've done. This isn’t where it should be. It needs to go to TV."

Sources say Warners, which controls the IP, took the Sandman TV pitch to multiple outlets, including corporate sibling HBO. The premium cable network did not make a play for the series, given the massive price tag attached (and likely number of other big world shows in the works), and Netflix snapped it up as the streamer continues to make an active play for massive IP that could be turned into subscriber-friendly franchises a la Amazon's Lord of the Rings and HBO's Game of Thrones.

The Sandman deal will provide a financial windfall to Warners, which is in final negotiations for a new film and TV pact with J.J. Abrams that could be worth north of $500 million. Sources note that the studio opted to sell it to a third party in a bid to bring additional revenue to the company rather than placing it at its forthcoming streaming service. The studio will next look to re-sign prolific comedy producer Chuck Lorre as the Big Bang Theory co-creator's current deal expires in 2020.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...il-gaiman-david-goyer-a-go-at-netflix-1220761

So I gave Euphoria asshot. Zdndaya is fucking annoying, but Sydney Sweeney has one of the best set of bewbs I've seen in a TV show. The overall story is nothing special but good enough to keep me interested.

First Official Poster for Netflix's THE WITCHER; First Look at Yennefer and Ciri

D-ZT0jnXkAAKqQ0.jpg:large

D-ZTwY9XYAAIjNm.jpg:large

netflix_thewitcher_ig-grid_phase004_04.jpg

D-ZTwZIWkAA2pYo.jpg:large

netflix_thewitcher_ig-grid_phase001_1080x1080_pre_07.jpg

D-ZTwZYXoAESOc8.jpg:large

thewitcher_ig_ciri.jpg

So I gave Euphoria asshot. Zdndaya is fucking annoying, but Sydney Sweeney has one of the best set of bewbs I've seen in a TV show. The overall story is nothing special but good enough to keep me interested.
The boobs are very big, but a bit droopy with the nipple placement. I saw a fappening pic of her in tight tanktop and overalls and wanted to see them uncovered.

The boobs are very big, but a bit droopy with the nipple placement. I saw a fappening pic of her in tight tanktop and overalls and wanted to see them uncovered.
Her instagram game is on point when it comes to tight tops. Read somewhere that supposedly the "leaked nudes" scene in the show where here actual real life nudes she had.

First Official Poster for Netflix's THE WITCHER; First Look at Yennefer and Ciri

D-ZT0jnXkAAKqQ0.jpg:large

D-ZTwY9XYAAIjNm.jpg:large

netflix_thewitcher_ig-grid_phase004_04.jpg

D-ZTwZIWkAA2pYo.jpg:large

netflix_thewitcher_ig-grid_phase001_1080x1080_pre_07.jpg

D-ZTwZYXoAESOc8.jpg:large

thewitcher_ig_ciri.jpg

I'm still not sold on the concept of Yennefer being half-Indian, but I'm open to it.

But Ciri..... um.... isn't she supposed to be around her mid-teens? She looks older than the actress playing Yen.

I watched the pilot, and not interested in watching more.

Its well written and the acting is surprisingly good, but the themes kinda hit home for me and it wasn't a fun reminder of a bad time in my life.

I'm still not sold on the concept of Yennefer being half-Indian, but I'm open to it.

But Ciri..... um.... isn't she supposed to be around her mid-teens? She looks older than the actress playing Yen.
Yen is too young and Ciri is too old as well.

I think there was serious problem for netflix because of Ciri storyline later in the books.

Underage Ciri had lesbian intercourse with fellow "Rats" (young band of criminals, most of them are teenagers). She was basically forced/raped by older female teenager by today's standards. The woman despite initial objection from Ciri put her hand in her pants when Ciri was sleeping then started masturbating and kissing her on the lips.

The Rats and Ciri were finnaly tracked down and caught by Leo Bonhart (a legendary bounty hunter).
Bonhart killed the Rats band to which Ciri belonged and cut off their heads in front of Ciri, making sure that she watched it. Then Leo tied one end of the chain to her neck and the second one to a horse, took her clothes off then dragged her along the village so peasants could watch this marvelous "performance".
oXEfDZ17orv6hBx_Dc28XEsUMruGZdv3EjCkch1juzs.jpg

He imprisoned her for some time, beating her and drugging her with fisstech (cocaine in real world). After some time he also bought Ciri her infamous sword Zireael (swallow) and forced her to kill in the arena. She could be as low as 13 (can't remember) years old but for sure she was under 18.

Last edited:
Her instagram game is on point when it comes to tight tops. Read somewhere that supposedly the "leaked nudes" scene in the show where here actual real life nudes she had.
If I were the exec producer, we'd need a few weeks to re-shoot all the nudes to get the right artistic interpretation.

Back