Movies Twisters - (Coming July 19th, 2024) - Trailer Post #45

Not many great movies this sumer so I guess I might go see this. Should be great in imax just for the visuals.

It's been probably 8-10 years since I last watched Twister. I don't remember such a badass guitar riff in the movie or as part of the score. I'm pleasantly surprised if it was. This one actually sounds both badass and kind of haunting.
<mma4>
I believe an orchestral version is relegated to the end credits :mad:

I’m already in love with the truck, just as I hoped

It's been probably 8-10 years since I last watched Twister. I don't remember such a badass guitar riff in the movie or as part of the score. I'm pleasantly surprised if it was. This one actually sounds both badass and kind of haunting.
<mma4>
I'd like this new movie to be quite....Dark. If that makes any sense. Dark and Twisted lol.
A lot of people expect movies like this to be a nice fun ride and know the 2 main characters walk off hand-in-hand at the end, a bit the worse for wear etc.

Well.... let's not have that this time with this new movie please -- let's have some dark and slightly unexpected storyline, I dunno exactly what.

I'd like this new movie to be quite....Dark. If that makes any sense. Dark and Twisted lol.
A lot of people expect movies like this to be a nice fun ride and know the 2 main characters walk off hand-in-hand at the end, a bit the worse for wear etc.

Well.... let's not have that this time with this new movie please -- let's have some dark and slightly unexpected storyline, I dunno exactly what.
Yeah, I'm sure this will be more of the traditional "fun/exciting" movie rather than dark. But boy, I would love a tornado movie that was made almost like a horror movie. Nothing supernatural or too crazy unrealistic, but just the tornado is treated as something that is truly terrifying.

I’m already in love with the truck, just as I hoped

I think I'll try to hold off on watching this one. Too many times I've seen a trailer that ruined a big moment from the film, or you can piece the ending together based on the trailer, and I don't wanna do that with this one. So I'll skip it.

I'm gonna try to do the same thing with Top Gun 3, only I'm gonna try and avoid everything. (Hopefully) not even gonna watch the first teaser. I wanna go into blind if I can. Some sonofabitch on youtube ruined the ending of Maverick. I don't want to do that again.

Yeah, I'm sure this will be more of the traditional "fun/exciting" movie rather than dark. But boy, I would love a tornado movie that was made almost like a horror movie. Nothing supernatural or too crazy unrealistic, but just the tornado is treated as something that is truly terrifying.
Yes something like that I'd like -- more like a horror movie than a rather predictable sub-plot of man meets woman, cue 1.5hours of tons of overdone CGI effects, then 2 main characters hook up near the end of the movie and most principal characters live through the tornadoes and it's all puppies and rainbows at the end.

Fuck that.

Let's have some realism in there, real life is not always puppies and rainbows.
I guess that the commercial realities of a movie studio funding as movie dictate what sort of movie it is, but I do prefer a rather shocking movie with plot twists and some darkness etc not the usual boy-meets-girl-whilst-both-having-a-rough-day but all ends beautifully predictable crap.

I remember certain movies (many years ago) that I watched in an actual cinema when everyone was very quiet when they exited the theater due to the nature of the movie. Oliver Stone's "Salvador" was one of those movies. Yes I realize that was 38years ago it was in the cinema a group of us watched it and it was somewhat shockingly brutal, and all the better for it. (that movie was based on actual real life events).

&... R.I.P. Bill Paxton, actor in the original 'Twister' movie as well as 'Aliens' etc.

Last edited:
Not many great movies this sumer so I guess I might go see this. Should be great in imax just for the visuals.
Honestly, I feel like this year actually has (potentially) better movies than most in recent memory...

Twisters
Trap
Maxxxine
Deadpool 3
Alien Romulus
Furiosa
<mma4>

Honestly, I feel like this year actually has (potentially) better movies than most in recent memory...

Twisters
Trap
Maxxxine
Deadpool 3
Alien Romulus
Furiosa
<mma4>
Meh, not really impressed for summer movie season.

If Ram doesn’t do a product placement again then I’m out!
jdp_2023%20ram%202500%20heavy%20duty%20rebel%20red%20front%20quarter%20view.jpg

3326822149ea16c4e901b17_5710-jpg.2126

This movie single-handedly launched Dodge into actual competition with Ford and Chevrolet in truck sales instead of being a distant third.

RAM Trucks Will Go For Another Spin In ‘Twisters’

twisters-ram-truck-663e2ef6d5d3b.jpg

The 1996 disaster movie Twister was easily one of the biggest box office hits of the mid 1990s, arriving just before a duo of doomsday asteroid flicks and Tommy Lee Jones' Volcano.

The film also opened during an incredibly busy year for big movies that included some all-time explosion-filled Hall of Famers like Independence Day, Mission Impossible, and The Rock all opening within weeks of each other. And somehow, Twister managed to walk out of 1996 in second place at the box office, beaten only by Will Smith's charming bravado, Bill Pullman's July 4th speech as US President, and plenty of miniature buildings getting zapped.

Almost 30 years later, it seems almost implausible that a single summer movie season could serve up so many hits just weeks apart.

The original Twister debuted just as CGI was getting vaguely close to replicating a tornado convincingly, but the on-screen chemistry between Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton smoothed over some of the technical limitations of the time.

Twister gave us a deliciously smug Cary Elwes playing the nemesis Jonas, while Alan Ruck's Rabbit plotted the quickest course through cornfields. Philip Seymour Hoffman also had a few memorable moments as Dusty.

It also starred a red 1995 Dodge Ram, whose trip up the stairs of a house being flipped by a tornado became perhaps the disaster film moment of the decade. That Dodge Ram's exact spec was also difficult to pin down because the movie, ahem, had some continuity issues when it came to the hero trucks.

Now that everything from millennials' childhoods is either getting a reboot or a sequel, it is finally the turn of Twister. And if the trailer is any indication, automotive mayhem will be turned up a few notches.

The four-wheeled star this time around will be a Ram truck once again, but already tricked out with a lot of storm chaser equipment including an external roll cage and drills that will attach it to the ground. Or at least it works like that in the Twister Cinematic Universe (TCU).

The trailer gives away a surprisingly big chunk of the sequel's setup, including the two leads who seem very different yet will obviously fall for each other after a period of initial antagonism—and will be forced to survive more than one tornado in proximity to each other.

As for us, we would not have guessed that a dually would be the main truck of the film, given that things like the Ram Rebel exist, but we're willing to give the movie a chance to explain itself.

A Ram 1500 TRX will also be in the film along with even more Rams, we're sure.

Twisters RAM Trucks Are Back! - Link

Back