Tyron Woodley days as UFC Champion are numbered.....

I was kinda shocked but cheered when he defeated Robbie. However, since then he is quickly approaching the no buy list.

I was kinda shocked but cheered when he defeated Robbie. However, since then he is quickly approaching the no buy list.
Can you please tell us why? I have my reasons to not be a fan of his but I'm curious to what others think of him

Can you please tell us why? I have my reasons to not be a fan of his but I'm curious to what others think of him
His mouth and his in cage game after winning the belt have been disheartening for the most part.

He and Colby are so made for each other - its eerie.

Idk why the UFC hasn't signed Askren yet. Adding him would strengthen the WW division and would give Woodley another worthy contender since it's running thin.

Woodley's only completion at this point would be GSP, Askren, or a Rory rematch (if he were to ever come back to the UFC), and RDA depending on which dos Anjos shows up. I think he'd be able to easily beat Nate Diaz, Robbie Lawler 2, or Covington as of today.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Khabib/Woodley matchup depending on the scenario, or possibly a superfight with the MW champ. Woodley might fight safe but he is one of the most dangerous WW champions we've ever seen....when he wants to be.

Every champ's days are numbered. And Woodley is 36. That's the game, son. But Dana ain't doing shit and Askren would get blasted out the cage.

But more seriously. It sucks that Woodley is by far a more exciting 3 round guy than he is a 5 round guy. He fights in eternal fear of gassing now.

Still a fan though. Good guy outside the cage and he's stitching together wins where most champs aren't doing shit. After he beats RDA and Colby he'll have carved out a nice little legacy (and gotten paid).

Your striking doesnt matter if you control where the fight goes, in all the MMA fights i watched i almost never see a Wrestler get beat by a Jiu Jitsu Fighter, sure every once in a while the BJJ guy will get a submission but 9 out of 10 its just unbeatable blanket for the win, a Wrestler will almost always win especially if he doesnt take risk and doesnt care to give damage but hold position. For every one of those fights there are 10 where wrestlers beat the BJJ guy. Maia lost to Shields he lost to Fitch, he lost to Woodley, in 5 rounds he couldnt get him once on the ground, any GSP fight, hell any Khabib fight. Your not being honest if you say that BJJ guys beat wrestlers often because they dont. Remember RDA vs Khabib, RDA got raped on the ground. Also not all of those are even real wrestlers Kim really xdd. Any Diaz fight both are high level BJJ guys as far as skills but how many wrestlers just brutalized them.
Have you not seen Maia vs Rick Story?
Or Maia vs Hyum Kim? What about Colby vs Alvis?
Charles Oliviera vs Nick Lentz or Will Brooks?
Or maybe Ronda vs Mcman? Shevchenko vs Pena? Anderson Silva vs Chael?
I go on for days....

Askren would maul both these guys
Askren got dominated by a Brazilian can at One FC and an alleged eye poke saved him.... So please let's not pretend he's a world beater
its about the only 2 fights im sure about, i could see Wonderboy and Till defending the takedown and tagging him up but they have been taken down before. Also kinda weird that you believe he will struggle to takedown Till and Thompson but somehow outwrestle Woodley and beat him even though Woodleys striking is superior

I said both Till and Thompson have good movement and they have a great chance of finishing Askren before the he has a chance to take anyone down due to his inferior striking. Woodley, on the other hand, isn't a striker and his fight against Ben will be a wrestling match and we know who the better wrestler with better cardio is
, dont confuse Cardio with what Woodley is willing to do, its not like he is about to fall down in the fifth, he just choses to have low pace fights because he knows he needs only 1 good punch to end it, its not exciting but its not the same as someone who cant go 5 rounds. I feel you just want to get rid of him but might be wrong.
I have nothing against Woodley. He's just not the best of the best. His skill set is limited and I know he's very beatable

For every one of those fights there are 10 where wrestlers beat the BJJ guy. Maia lost to Shields he lost to Fitch, he lost to Woodley, in 5 rounds he couldnt get him once on the ground, any GSP fight, hell any Khabib fight. Your not being honest if you say that BJJ guys beat wrestlers often because they dont. Remember RDA vs Khabib, RDA got raped on the ground. Also not all of those are even real wrestlers Kim really xdd. Any Diaz fight both are high level BJJ guys as far as skills but how many wrestlers just brutalized them.

There isnt a bad thing on his record so you have to reach to a fight that was a no contest hahahah ok.

He is the best of the best just by default, he won the Belt defended it numerous times, sure he is very beatable thats why he has only 3 loses, one against a Steroid user a ko and 2 decisions Shields and Mcdonald 2 cans right....You say he is limited in skills but he has 6 wins by ko and 5 by sub 7 by decision, if he is soo beatable why couldnt the Striker Thompson in 50 minutes of fighting do nooothing to Woodley may i remind you the fight was for the majority on the feet and yet the Grappler came out on top nice try.

Askren and Woodley are very very close and have been great friends for a long time, not only training partners but they have been close friends for a long time. The chances of them fighting are 0% , its never gonna happen ever.

He could fight GSP though, that would be fun. ''GSP best wrestler in MMA'' would be destroyed quickly in that fight. Askren would wrestle him to death, no doubt about it in my mind, and I love GSP.

Why would Rogan have any influence on that negotiation? I think he was likely high off his ass when he said that. Per usual. Moron.

Why would Rogan have any influence on that negotiation? I think he was likely high off his ass when he said that. Per usual. Moron.
Ah but his name keeps getting brought up - Good on Joe! He everywhere!

Idk why the UFC hasn't signed Askren yet. Adding him would strengthen the WW division and would give Woodley another worthy contender since it's running thin.

Woodley's only completion at this point would be GSP, Askren, or a Rory rematch (if he were to ever come back to the UFC), and RDA depending on which dos Anjos shows up. I think he'd be able to easily beat Nate Diaz, Robbie Lawler 2, or Covington as of today.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Khabib/Woodley matchup depending on the scenario, or possibly a superfight with the MW champ. Woodley might fight safe but he is one of the most dangerous WW champions we've ever seen....when he wants to be.
Exciting fights & fighters bring more viewers & $ which is exactly what the UFC is so desperate for nowadays. Adding a "boring" fighter is the not the greatest idea

Exciting fights & fighters bring more viewers & $ which is exactly what the UFC is so desperate for nowadays. Adding a "boring" fighter is the not the greatest idea
Not if he's promoted and advertised. The UFC must do a better job of promoting most of their fights if they want the "money fights" to be successful.

Askren and Woodley are very very close and have been great friends for a long time, not only training partners but they have been close friends for a long time. The chances of them fighting are 0% , its never gonna happen ever.

He could fight GSP though, that would be fun. ''GSP best wrestler in MMA'' would be destroyed quickly in that fight. Askren would wrestle him to death, no doubt about it in my mind, and I love GSP.
How close are Woodley and Ben?

Not if he's promoted and advertised. The UFC must do a better job of promoting most of their fights if they want the "money fights" to be successful.
They can promote him all day everyday and I still won't tune in to watch him. I just don't enjoy watching lay and pray fights

I’m guessing people have never actually watched him fight. He is far from a boring wrestler.

I completely disagree
Word has it that Ben gets the better of Woodley in training
I highly doubt he does jack shit to Woodley in the striking portion of training which is likely something they do very 40-50% strength tops. Woodley has the TDD and striking to make Askren look foolish.

I’m guessing people have never actually watched him fight. He is far from a boring wrestler.
Youre right hes not a boring wrestler.

Hes just boring.

Holds the record for least strikes ever thrown in a championship fight, right?

They can promote him all day everyday and I still won't tune in to watch him. I just don't enjoy watching lay and pray fights
Yeah, but just because the champion of a division fights safe doesn't mean it should stall the excitement of the WW division. RDA could be hyped up as a very dangerous opponent for Woodley especially being a champion of the UFC already.

It rly depends...
Is Infinity a number? If so, then yes... Woodley's days as champ are numbered.

Back