Social Tyson Foods plans to hire over 40k asylum seekers after firing more than 1,200 Americans many people are boycotting the company

Go and argue with the "shit libs" about stagnant wages that keep increasing.

There's nothing funnier than people who have never worked a hard day in their life complaining about immigrants working jobs they're too soft to do.

<BC1>

Go get your hands a little dirty and I might have some sympathy for you ;)

So what about those people they fired. Sounds like they were not too soft to work. I used to know born in the US people that worked in their processing plant. It was consolidated a good job with decent pay.

Reactions: LMP
Do you think Tyson is a monopsony, and if it is, is it an illegal one? You're missing the actual core problem here. Immigrants work under the same minimum wage laws and regulations native born Americans work for.
Uh no, you're missing the core problem. Wages are primarily driven by supply and demand of the work force.

Nationwide min wage doesn't even make sense when you have a wide range of cost of living regions.

So what about those people they fired. Sounds like they were not too soft to work. I used to know born in the US people that worked in their processing plant. It was consolidated a good job with decent pay.

No one said there aren't hard-working people. I'd be curious to see the demographics of those laid off though, which will depend heavily on location.

Why are people surprised companies lay off workers or restructure? They're trying to survive and make a profit. There's also likely some incentive for them to go this route. At the end of the day, they need a large amount of workers to fill roles in certain locations that not many people are willing to do. The vast majority of people outraged by this have absolutely no interest in these jobs and are upset for the sake of being upset.

Tyson Foods says it’s eager to hire over 40,000 asylum-seekers and migrants arriving in the United States, according to a report from Bloomberg.

The multinational food conglomerate is allegedly hoping to hire personnel from the massive influx of migrants coming into the country from South and Central America.

They’re very, very loyal,” Tyson human resources leader Garrett Dolan said in a statement to the outlet.

“They’ve been uprooted and what they want is stability — what they want is a sense of belonging.”

“We would like to employ another 42,000 if we could find them,” Dolan said.

Angry campaigners are urging shoppers to boycott Tyson Foods and its products amid its new move to hire thousands of asylum seekers. The food company has shut down more of its poultry and meat plants across the U.S., including facilities in Iowa, Virginia, and Arkansas, which employed over 2,000 people.

Tyson Foods has recently hired dozens of immigrants, with the offer including immigration lawyers. The boycott is motivated by the fear that immigrants are replacing Americans for low-grade jobs. Statistics have also shown that there's a significant. decrease in the number of native-born Americans in the blue-collar workforce.

America First Legal and many campaigners are pushing for a boycott of Tyson Foods and its products. The boycott is due to the company's recent closures of multiple poultry and meat processing plants in Iowa, Indiana, Virginia, Arkansas, and Missouri. The closures are because Tyson plans to hire thousands of asylum seekers in New York, a move that is extremely controversial among Americans.

I thought leftists said illegals don't devalue wages and work only jobs Americans won't?

I hope this boycott gets bigger than the Bud Light one this is insane.
"me lovey capitalism"

No one said there aren't hard-working people. I'd be curious to see the demographics of those laid off though, which will depend heavily on location.

Why are people surprised companies lay off workers or restructure? They're trying to survive and make a profit. There's also likely some incentive for them to go this route. At the end of the day, they need a large amount of workers to fill roles in certain locations that not many people are willing to do. The vast majority of people outraged by this have absolutely no interest in these jobs and are upset for the sake of being upset.

I'm not sure where you are from but in the blue collar world jobs like working in the plants was considered an OK job.

Tyson has been hiring ileagls for a long time they way they could cut the pay and still get workers.

At one time ICE did raids on their plants and they lost so many workers they all but shut them down. Now under the present administration they don't have to worry about that.

Uh no, you're missing the core problem. Wages are primarily driven by supply and demand of the work force.
Employers are buyers in a market of employees selling their labor. The primary factor driving wages is competition on the buying end. This exceeds every other factor, including supply of labor. If you had even the most rudimentary grasp of basic econ...

If you want wages in the meatpacking industry to rise, you need to increase competition. Like I said, this is the fruit of gutting antitrust enforcement. Which party has done more damage on that front?

Hell we could also mention that this industry is one of the better fits for a union, and again, which party has done its best to diminish the power of labor?
Nationwide min wage doesn't even make sense when you have a wide range of cost of living regions.
I didn't say the solution was that. But again, which states lag behind in minimum wage again?

I'm not sure where you are from but in the blue collar world jobs like working in the plants was considered an OK job.

Tyson has been hiring ileagls for a long time they way they could cut the pay and still get workers.

At one time ICE did raids on their plants and they lost so many workers they all but shut them down. Now under the present administration they don't have to worry about that.

If you think that's a general statement across all locations then you're delusional. You're pretending like small towns where plants are the main source of employment is the norm. Generally speaking, there is a clear shortage of people for these jobs. It's not rocket science. You think hiring of immigrants is isolated to Tyson? Go take a look around.

Oh and they are hiring people who are legally allowed to work. Don't confuse things. I can already tell you're just upset because you want to be upset.

Employers are buyers in a market of employees selling their labor. The primary factor driving wages is competition on the buying end. This exceeds every other factor, including supply of labor. If you had even the most rudimentary grasp of basic econ...
We're talking about low skill labor, genius. Even if Tyson is a "monopsony" they would still need to compete with the other industries that need low skill work.

And you clearly don't have even the most rudimentary grasp of basic econ if you don't understand how an influx of workers willing to work for low wages can keep wages down......................

Last edited:
We're talking about low skill labor, genius. Even if Tyson is a "monopsony" they would still need to compete with the other industries that need low skill work.

And you clearly don't have even the most rudimentary grasp of basic econ if you don't understand how an influx of workers willing to work for slave wages can keep wages down......................

$16.50 is a slave wage now?

Would you work 8 - 10hrs a day for Tyson with that?

Not at my current level of experience, but I also wouldn't call an hourly wage above minimum wage a slave wage. I wouldn't call it a good wage either, but slave wage is obviously a bit of hyperbole when they average real wage in America is $11.15.

My first job I made $6.15 an hour though. And I started at $12.50 at my current job.

Not at my current level of experience, but I also wouldn't call an hourly wage above minimum wage a slave wage. I wouldn't call it a good wage either, but slave wage is obviously a bit of hyperbole when they average real wage in America is $11.15.

My first job I made $6.15 an hour though. And I started at $12.50 at my current job.
You're right, I was being hyperbolic. Do you agree Tyson would most likely have to increase that if it wasn't for the illegals?

You're right, I was being hyperbolic. Do you agree Tyson would most likely have to increase that if it wasn't for the illegals?

Probably like a dollar or two more to start depending what part of NYS, but they also wouldn't be providing the non-asylum seekers with access to experienced immigration lawyers for free either.

Main stockholder is state street, not surprised.

Reactions: Ruv
How many soldiers would it take to secure the border, and which units were you planning on using? I'm sure stationing them in the middle of nowhere would be great for morale.
As opposed to stationing them in the middle of the Middle East?

And it'll take 500k, station them at major crossing points and have them patrol lesser known ones.

You also realize that many countries already have soldiers patrolling their borders? Maybe our soldiers will have more morale given that they know they are actually protecting our country rather than blowing up some foreign land.

If you think that's a general statement across all locations then you're delusional. You're pretending like small towns where plants are the main source of employment is the norm. Generally speaking, there is a clear shortage of people for these jobs. It's not rocket science. You think hiring of immigrants is isolated to Tyson? Go take a look around.

Oh and they are hiring people who are legally allowed to work. Don't confuse things. I can already tell you're just upset because you want to be upset.

Go back and read my post I said they have a right to hire anyone as long as they are legal but they shouldn't be running around if they are still waiting to have their case concluded. They should not be allowed in the country while they are waiting.

Back