Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Yeah, he's really fucking up the bag.

Becoming a household name in countries across the world? Overrated. A good UFC legacy under the heel of Dana and the UFC would be so much more satisfying. Instead he's just the biggest name in combat sports with Saudi partners, and the world as his oyster.

He is really fucking up the bag. He's got egg on his face. And doesn't Dana look like a genius now?
Oh no doubt he is making better money,good for him but some fighters prefer legacy(history as well)

I mean he lost to the black beast and hasn't looked like a super-technical fighter in his UFC fights (imo) despite having massive power.

So the Tyson performance is definitely a shocker.

Some of ya'll are just fucking insufferable, though. For real.

That second Stipe fight he was very technical tbh, and that's what lead to the ko actually.

Last edited:
Fury pretty clearly won the “boxing” match. Fury outpointed him every round after the knockdown. Francis looked damn good tho for someone who only threw like 11 punches vs derrick lewis.

Why fight for $4m when you can fight for double or more in boxing?
In between fights, depending on how dates line up. I'm sure he'll prioritize boxing but he might want to fight 3 times per year and boxing might not give him that?

Melanin, among other things, does appear to have positive influence on skin mechanical resistance.

There are some papers that try to take it on this hypothesis.

The theory is that paler skin tones evolved among populations that started to wear lots of clothing not only to allow more vitamin D3 synthesis due to UV radiation, but also because tougher skin wasn't that advantageous with lots of cloth cover.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2016/06/403401/darker-skin-stronger-skin-says-new-view-human-skin-color
https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1944/16/5/2023
https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/24/5/4360

It's probably strictly visual in many cases, though. Ngannou's face was pretty damn swollen after first Miocic figth, but it's not as easy to notice as very visible hematomas.
yea, sure. I buy that. and like I said also, there are many other factors that can contribute to it. depression can alter how we respond to stress. being held at a grounded position forcing more blood to the head, like in the Miocic match, can be of effect. partying. diet. all kinds of things can effect this from chemistry to physics.

Yes, you are. Well at least today. I'm sure you're equally as shitty as several of the posters I have on ignore but you're pretty fucking bad lol
You sound mad because you are clueless on how to score fights? It's ok not everyone gets it.

Oh no doubt he is making better money,good for him but some fighters prefer legacy(history as well)
I think most fighters in the world would agree he's making the right move. I'm not sure there are any pro MMA fighters in the world who are thinking "man, if that was me I'd go for UFC legacy before simply becoming a household name in fighting across 2 sports"

If they did, we'd probably both agree they needed a good talking to, lol. I suspect this idea was born and will die on Sherdog, lol. And that seems fitting.

The fuck I can't :confused:
You're, you are an asshole
Your, what is your name

Go fuck yourself tard
Bro you can't spend 30 minutes on Google learning the difference between the 2 then come here like you're some smart guy. You've already proven you are unequivocally not.

Funniest was him saying the shot which knocked him down was in the back of the head, and that Francis "didn't land much outside of that."

Dude is sporting a huge black eye and cut across his forehead.

Francis was tagging his ass most of the fight.

Fury outpointed him, but Francis was landing the bigger shots.

I don't know about that. I think Fury landed great shots of his own.

Bottom line Fury won a boxing match. It is what it is.

MMA fans need to understand that MMA will continue to take L's until it becomes financially viable to have boxers fight in MMA

No. You don't win a fight you get dropped in. Anyone who has ever competed or knows anything about combat sports knows this. It's an unspoken rule

Isn't that what Dickhead Dana always says sir?..."This is prize fighting, it's not a career it's an opportunity ".

Well Ngannou took his opportunity for the prize and Dana wasn't there to dip his filthy hands in Ngannous pockets.

Ngannou in a lot of ways opened up some doors, and possibly inspired others fighters to fight against the greediness of people trying to step on them.

Took serious balls to walk away from the UFC in the face of the backlash and shitty comments, and not even know where you're going to land.
Only to do as well as be did last night.

Fuckin dude is like a superhero lol.

it's just light chatter. its no absolute. we're just talking relative tissue damage and the difference not being simply limited to impact absorbed.

your anxiety to share a black man with his face beaten like some re-run of Medgar Evers in the face of a light cheers-ing of mine to another poster about the often amazing quality of darker complexioned people's resistance to wear and also age, as the colloquial phrase more often applies, is what makes it feel weird, sinister and with racially motivated angst.
Now you’re really making this bout race, you could’ve just said Ngannou doesn’t show damage well as a individual, you’re the one who brought up color and used another black man as a example in Anderson Silva. But it’s just light chatter.

Bro you can't spend 30 minutes on Google learning the difference between the 2 then come here like you're some smart guy. You've already proven you are unequivocally not.
Show me where I didn't use it correctly sir
96-93 muhfucker

6-4 Fury was what I got, but Francis made it closer than anyone has against Fury outside of Wilder in the 12th. Francis and Deontay making the same mistake by not immediately going to a neutral corner isn't ironic, but interesting.

You brag about being 50 years old and use the same stupid insults hipster losers born in 1998 would say.

You're a very confused old geezer.
I bet I'm younger than you and better looking

Where the fuck did I brag about being 50 <Lmaoo>

You're stove up bro

Back