• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Ngannou himself and multiple other sources said he'd have made at least over $8M to fight Jones. Fury, who's well known full of shit regarding purse sizes, said Ngannou was making around $10M to instead fight him.

It's the same purse.

Do you know math? 8 and 10 are not the same number. He would have been locked in a contract with no boxing and a one time offer to make less than he just made.

Lol I see your username pop up again and again and it's always to say something incorrect.

When its framed like that it would be plain stupid of him to have made any other decision than to box Fury.

Fighters have a career span and a limited one at that. Hes 37 and couldnt afford to wait to see if UFC were going to treat him better. He could fight 1 fight contracts all over the world like a "can you beat Ngannou" type in whatever combat discipline. But seems he's happy in PFL in any case.

Do you know math? 8 and 10 are not the same number. He would have been locked in a contract with no boxing and a one time offer to make less than he just made.

Learn to read. Fury saying Ngannou is making $10M means Ngannou isn't making $10M because Fury always invents and inflates numbers out of his ass. So yes, 8 and 10 are the same number in this context as Fury's number isn't real.

And I love the talking point that Ngannou would make less after Jones. That was if he LOST. No shit he doesn't continue making championship pay for his next fight if he's no longer champion. Ngannou and his team never said they don't continue making that so long as he beats Jones and remains champion. Jones was going to be a one time payment because they thought they were going to lose.

I thought leaving the ufc for boxing was a fuckin stupid idea. Happy to be proven wrong though. As a boxing fan first and foremost, he definitely exceeded my expectations

Not surprising considering UFC had him as a nobody vs. his 1 boxing fight came after he was already considered one of, if not the, best HW on the planet.
He wasn't a nobody in the end. He was the UFC Champ. Woulda thought defending his UFC title would bring him somewhere near what an exhibition boxing match could get him. It should IMO. Glad for Francis. Hopefully this helps pave the road for MMA fighters to be paid more.

I’ll never understand how some weirdos are more interested in a fighters pay than in seeing them fight in mma. This was a sad day for mma fans. Seeing a former champ losing and having their face jabbed in for thirty minutes straight by a bored boxer.

Learn to read. Fury saying Ngannou is making $10M means Ngannou isn't making $10M because Fury always invents and inflates numbers out of his ass. So yes, 8 and 10 are the same number in this context as Fury's number isn't real.

This is just your dumbass speculation. Multiple sources have confirmed he's making 8 figures for this fight. You cant do math.

And I love the talking point that Ngannou would make less after Jones. That was if he LOST. No shit he doesn't continue making championship pay for his next fight if he's no longer champion. Ngannou and his team never said they don't continue making that so long as he beats Jones and remains champion. Jones was going to be a one time payment because they thought they were going to lose.

He's not a champion and he just made over 10 million. He's going to make even more in his next fight, coming off a loss. The UFC deal was inferior in every way.

Ngannou likely got paid a lot more than that when you consider PPV, bonuses, and sponsorships. Not to mention that the Saudi’s are generous with money.

having multiple successful orgs with the money to pay for multiple big name fighters is best for the fans and fighters.
Competition is healthy, and probably the best motivation for change compared to others. A healthy market of competitors paying better would kinda force everyone up to compete, MMA just hasn't had that since Pride, really.

i cant make sense of how anyone could have Fury top 10 HWS

he beat a an ancient Wlad in the worst heavyweight championship fight of all time, took 2 years off and beat a extremely limited puncher 3 times

Most level headed boxing fans never had him in the top 10, or anywhere near it tbf. For the reasons you mention (which are easily his best wins) and his resume. He beat wilder, if he beat usyk and Joshua he’d cement his place as a top 10 fighter and best of the era. But he’s actually boasting about ducking Joshua? Not a good look for the hw champ of the world! And he embarrassed himself with the negotiations with Usyk. It was clear he didn’t want the fight even though usyk gave him everything he asked for? I’d be surprised if he ever fights usyk

Back