Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Not even. Again, your words. I didn't ask for anything to be spelled out, nor was it necessary. Seems like I have to keep spelling it out for you and you change the conversation. You have yet to say anything that takes away from my statement and you're hurling insults while telling me to grow up. LOL> What's your problem? You seem butthurt and angry.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Says I'm the one hurling insults lol.. read ur own posts dude. You started arguing about me and you and not the topic -- automatic loss. I'm done with you byeeee

Says I'm the one hurling insults lol.. read ur own posts dude. You started arguing about me and you and not the topic -- automatic loss. I'm done with you byeeee
Listen to you. All butt hurt and indignant right from the start. Sucks to be wrong doesn't it boy. But but but the contract - I never said a fucking word about a contract. But but but you expect a rookie to be paid millions of dollars for his early fights- I never said a fucking word about his early fights I was quite specific about what fight he should get paid for and why. We SHOULD be done now so how about you pipe the fuck down fool.

6799029506_ced5196f4e_w.jpg

That's a good point. But that is in a mma arena. I doubt he do anything to Jordan on a wrestling mat. These mma cats are doing better then they "should" in a boxing ring. Think that was his point. Which is legit
It's a bit different but GSP was doing so well in the pure wrestling aspect of MMA against national champs people were at one time considering him training for the Canadian Olympic wrestling team. So the bar apparently isn't as high in wresting if you are naturally gifted as one may think either.

I definitely would still favor Fury in the rematch. I had Francis winning or a draw on my scorecards. Point deduction wouldn't have mattered by judges as they'd have still seen a draw. That elbow was 100% intentional and the hardest thing Fury landed all night. He really wasn't able to get anything off all night other than some jabs or the tail end of a hook.

He had a great night out. Francis won 3 and 7. He threw 6 punches in championship rds. Anybody who said he won has ass burgers.

Fury out boxed him over 10rds. Not a great look for boxing.

He had a great night out. Francis won 3 and 7. He threw 6 punches in championship rds. Anybody who said he won has ass burgers.

Fury out boxed him over 10rds. Not a great look for boxing.

You are quite incorrect. The stats show that ngannou LANDED 6 punches in tbe last 2 rounds- he actually threw one more punch than fury did in the last 2 rounds so he worked just as hard as fury did if not slightly more though 1 punch more isn't substantial

Over the course of the whole fight, fury was only about 5 or 6 per cent more successful at landing punches than ngannou which is amazing performance results for a sophomore pro boxer vs the lineal world cHampton! Ngannou outlanded fury 37 to 32 in power punches over the course of the whole fight while fury landed only 17 more jabs than ngannou did during the whole fight. And of course ngannou got the knockdown in the 3rd round as well as another knockdown which the ref ruled as a slip but could have been a kd on another day. Then add in rhe fact that fury threw and landed an obvious illegal elbow that the ref and judges completely missed which should have seen an automatic 1 point deduction (amd not counted ss one of the 32 power punches he landed) which by itself could have turned the split decision win into a draw

No way fury outboxed ngannou - he was very fortunste they gave him the win. Had the judges given the win to ngannou, nobody in the boxing world wiuld hwve called it a robbery.

Obviously an unserious claim. C'mon people it's Chael.

The truth is this can only happen at heavyweight. The best large athletes in the world generally don't get into boxing and boxing fans didn't have an understanding of how much of a genetic freak Ngannou is.

In any other weight class the skill of an elite boxer will outweigh the physical advantages a newcomer might have.

Also ngannou didn't just start boxing a few months before the fight. He was training in boxing before he even got started in mma and before that he must have already had the striking rudiments.

You mean round 8? that was the most dominant round of the fight and he had Fury in a bit of trouble. I did not score the fight strongly, I don't think it even matters other than it was a very close fight, which was an amazing acheivement itself. I wish francis pushed harder and really risked everything in the last 2 rounds, I think he could have won the fight even stopped Fury.

You are quite incorrect. The stats show that ngannou LANDED 6 punches in tbe last 2 rounds- he actually threw one more punch than fury did in the last 2 rounds so he worked just as hard as fury did if not slightly more though 1 punch more isn't substantial

Over the course of the whole fight, fury was only about 5 or 6 per cent more successful at landing punches than ngannou which is amazing performance results for a sophomore pro boxer vs the lineal world cHampton! Ngannou outlanded fury 37 to 32 in power punches over the course of the whole fight while fury landed only 17 more jabs than ngannou did during the whole fight. And of course ngannou got the knockdown in the 3rd round as well as another knockdown which the ref ruled as a slip but could have been a kd on another day. Then add in rhe fact that fury threw and landed an obvious illegal elbow that the ref and judges completely missed which should have seen an automatic 1 point deduction (amd not counted ss one of the 32 power punches he landed) which by itself could have turned the split decision win into a draw

No way fury outboxed ngannou - he was very fortunste they gave him the win. Had the judges given the win to ngannou, nobody in the boxing world wiuld hwve called it a robbery.

Mate, he lost.

You mean round 8? that was the most dominant round of the fight and he had Fury in a bit of trouble. I did not score the fight strongly, I don't think it even matters other than it was a very close fight, which was an amazing acheivement itself. I wish francis pushed harder and really risked everything in the last 2 rounds, I think he could have won the fight even stopped Fury.

Are you blind. Rd3 was the knockdown. That was the most dominant rd.

Francis needed a ko. No clue where his killer instinct went? Better luck next time.
#AndStill <Moves>

I mean GSP, with no formal wrestling background, outwrestled national champions in wrestling frequently (in MMA). Does that mean wrestling is not a real sport?
GSP had an olympic silver medalist wrestling coach since he was like 19 and trained with the Canadian olympic team. He still didn't beat any of those guys in wrestling matches though, and probably wouldn't. The comparison was to fighting pretty evenly with a world boxing champ in a boxing bout, not landing more strikes in an MMA fight.

Even more is that Francis had a close fight with a current world champ while barely having the fundamentals down. He didn't really have any kind of a jab, he didn't have incredible footwork or head movement, and wasn't very quick, and still had a split decision with the current champ. Boxing is either so easy that a good athlete can just show up and do it, or so difficult that even world champs aren't that good.

GSP had an olympic silver medalist wrestling coach since he was like 19 and trained with the Canadian olympic team. He still didn't beat any of those guys in wrestling matches though, and probably wouldn't. The comparison was to fighting pretty evenly with a world boxing champ in a boxing bout, not landing more strikes in an MMA fight.

Even more is that Francis had a close fight with a current world champ while barely having the fundamentals down. He didn't really have any kind of a jab, he didn't have incredible footwork or head movement, and wasn't very quick, and still had a split decision with the current champ. Boxing is either so easy that a good athlete can just show up and do it, or so difficult that even world champs aren't that good.

False binary argument there.

Among many other possibilities is a champ with years of documented mental health and addiction struggles, simply turned up dusty and ill prepared, possibly not in his best mindframe and put in an awful performance vs a big talented guy who gave the effort of his lifetime.

False binary argument there.

Among many other possibilities is a champ with years of documented mental health and addiction struggles, simply turned up dusty and ill prepared, possibly not in his best mindframe and put in an awful performance vs a big talented guy who gave the effort of his lifetime.

Or Ngannou is not as bad as many think he is or as poorly trained as they think he is.

Or Ngannou is not as bad as many think he is or as poorly trained as they think he is.

That's also possible. I don't think he's badly trained, I just think his preparation is relatively limited. I think concerns like " didn't really have any kind of a jab, he didn't have incredible footwork or head movement" remain valid until really tested.

That's also possible. I don't think he's badly trained, I just think his preparation is relatively limited. I think concerns like " didn't really have any kind of a jab, he didn't have incredible footwork or head movement" remain valid until really tested.

He actually jabbed quite a lot - fury only jabbed 22 more times than he did during the entire fight. Surprisingly fury only landed 9.4 per cent higher in terms of jabs than ngannou did. So ngannou's jabs may not have looked classically very impressive but they were not much less effective thna fury's. As fir head movement and footwork, he has been training and fighting mma now for 10 years or so and thus it is the baggage that he has to unload becsuse u don't do as much slipping and especially bobbing due to take down and kicking threat and likewise for footwork where it comes to takedown vulnerability. His rhythm and punch frequency was actually redolent of mma whicj is why it appeared strange to boxing enthusiasts.

I thought Ngannou looked pretty good tbh. Good fundamentals, good timing and sense of distance. He even had a decent jab from southpaw.

He actually jabbed quite a lot - fury only jabbed 22 more times than he did during the entire fight. Surprisingly fury only landed 9.4 per cent higher in terms of jabs than ngannou did. So ngannou's jabs may not have looked classically very impressive but they were not much less effective thna fury's. As fir head movement and footwork, he has been training and fighting mma now for 10 years or so and thus it is the baggage that he has to unload becsuse u don't do as much slipping and especially bobbing due to take down and kicking threat and likewise for footwork where it comes to takedown vulnerability. His rhythm and punch frequency was actually redolent of mma whicj is why it appeared strange to boxing enthusiasts.
I don't think it looked strange at all, people probably say that just because he didn't match their expectations, or because they have preconceived notions and ideas of dumb stuff like "MMA angles"

Back