• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Ngannou had a whole list of demands, not just wanting to box lol

We will never know what was actually discussed and what was negotiable in his list...but if the UFC was not only willing to let Francis box, but was supportive and would have helped to make it happen (as was done with Conor), I suspect it would have gone a long way to him staying with the UFC.

In any case, the end result is glorious. Francis not only got the pay day, he surely has setup another one with his performance...and so much for the criticism the PFL took for 'caving' to all of Francis' desires. PFL execs are popping the champagne right now lol

Watch the fight again, Fury was connecting more in the exchanges. Not sure what that judge was watching. If Francis had swung for the fences he probably would have got the knockout though.
Boo this man.
Boo to you
Nothing personal.
But I don't watch much boxing.
And of course I was biased towards the handsome, tan, muscle man.

Good i will be supporting any backlash Dana and the ufc gets because they are greedy and egotistical fucks. Listen to the fans and give them what they want goddamit, they put the money in your pockets after all u bums

Last edited:
Stream was free bud.

Do make sure you get a good sleep tonight, this has been an emotionally draining day for you.

<Dany07>

Seems like you’re projecting, your vag somehow went Sahara dry because Francis lost a decision LOL

Goodnight princess.

<JonesLaugh>

There's nothing to vindicate... wtf.

Frankly not even the biggest MMA>Boxing cheerleaders thought Francis had a snowballs chance in hell of winning this fight.

But this is embarassing af for boxing. No 2 ways about it. It's like Sylvia getting dropped in a MMA match but worse. Sylvia while just a few months removed from being champ was perhaps the most poorly regarded one in the sports history. Fury was undefeated HW champ of the world.

Yeah, it does vindicate MMA. An MMA guy with 0 boxing fights took the best HW of the last decade to a split decision in which all the best moments belonged to him. I think that means more than Jake Paul beating up retired former MMA champs, most of whom were career long grapplers.
Best heavyweight of the last decade? That's been debatable now for the last couple years. Usyk is the unified champion and he's rated #1 in all of the rankings. He's also the lineal champ despite media claims that Fury still is. He lost that distinction when he retired. If Fury wants to prove he's the best heavyweight of the era he'll need to beat Usyk. That fight's next. As for Francis' performance, he exceeded all expectations.

When a plantation owner loses one of their slaves and they end up finding a gold mine. Well to sum it up that's the story of Ngannou.

No, he threw plenty. He just couldn't hurt Francis and he got shook up after that knockdown. Boxed scared to pull the trigger.

Especially since he never felt such grappling strength in the clinch before. He's used to leaning on opponents with his size and wearing them out. Francis was man handling him. It was beautiful to see.

Ngannou is having the time of his life tonight at his after-party, vindicated that the last 2 years were not in vain, while somewhat disappointed he didn’t get the decision knowing the judges were biased with the Usyk fight already announced in the same venue, while Fury is forcing a smile trying to pretend he’s happy surrounded by yes men telling him how amazing he is, secretly questioning his life.

That was just a ploy by Francis and his team to work his way into a boxing fight. He’ll never step in a PFL cage or realistically any MMA cage/ring again.

I disagree. He's getting between $4-10 mil per PFL fight and, as co-owner and head of PFL Africa, he really wants it to succeed. He's not leaving them high and dry.

The moment Fury got dropped he went into "boxing" mode to save the Usyk fight

He knew he would win a decision no matter what with all the money put into the Usyk fight

So he tried to just jab around and pitter-pat to win a decision and still failed cause Francis kept catching him at times

Pretty much exactly this.

Fury lost the fight, but there was zero chance Francis was winning a decision.

Reactions: kuf
oh so you bought it then?

Gotta make sure my boy Big Frank eats.

giphy.gif

Seems like you’re projecting, your vag somehow went Sahara dry because Francis lost a decision LOL

Goodnight princess.

<JonesLaugh>
Only an absolute mark would have bought this PPV and I'd like to take the time to tell you you're one of the worse posters I've seen pop up on this forum in the last few years. Are you related to Dreyga?

Escabar said:
Vince was in attendance he'll probably fire Dana
Saw Vince fire someone on WWE.
He Screamed, it was not pleasant !

Back