Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
I mean look at the Helenius knockout for instance. Helenius ran up on him,and he landed a short counter.
Helenius immediatley died. I saw the punch. I thought helenius would get up, when i saw him go down from it,but he was fuckin dead! I bet even Wilder had same reaction as me. "Damn...:

He was born with this power,blessed by the gods.

People who watch fighting,should be able to notice ridiculous power that now,but they cant see through the hate!
The problem is you’re talking to MMA fans, not boxing fans. Most of these guys don’t watch boxing, and they don’t know what they’re talking about. The amount of boxing they’ve watched total in their lives is limited to whatever the runtime is on the highlight video they watched on YouTube.

I like MMA, but the average MMA fan is among the stupidest and most ignorant of any sport on earth, and by a large margin. It’s actually embarrassing sometimes to try and talk with some of these people.

The problem is you’re talking to MMA fans, not boxing fans. Most of these guys don’t watch boxing, and they don’t know what they’re talking about. The amount of boxing they’ve watched total in their lives is limited to whatever the runtime is on the highlight video they watched on YouTube.

I like MMA, but the average MMA fan is among the stupidest and most ignorant of any sport on earth, and by a large margin. It’s actually embarrassing sometimes to try and talk with some of these people.
Well I wouldnt go that far,but there def are alot of mma fans who have a preconcieved notion about boxing,without knowledge and wont let it go.

Herpa derp that power isnt really that hard,overrated Lmao

Man every fighter dreams of transcending sports,makin big money,getting that oppurtunity. He aint thinkin about his chin.Trying to get that money.
I understand that but he has to know deep down just how remote his chances would be of beating Fury in the boxing ring. It's a dream alright, a pipe dream.

here is two people that dont think Wilder's power is overrated.

ovr1.PNG uvr2.PNG

I understand that but he has to know deep down just how remote his chances would be of beating Fury in the boxing ring. It's a dream alright, a pipe dream.
No more than Francis,really.
Hed make a go of it lol

No more than Francis,really.
Hed make a go of it lol
I think Ngannou's chances, while still remote, are higher than a prime Overeem's would've been. He's bigger, stronger, more powerful, and his chin is also a lot better.

people are talkin about it,but rightfully expect a massacre.

the problem is and always will be.....
dana not paying his fighters
nuff said. btw im super happy for francis and i hope he wins so he gets even a BIGGER payday.
Dana knows these fighters have a short life span and yet he still tries to devalue them.
could you imagine if the ufc co promoted this event how big it could of been
then he could do the Jon jones fight right after. then have wilder/anthony face off jones or francis.

Overeem perhaps should 've thought of the idea first and challenged Klitschko lol back in the day when the juices ;) were flowing.
The problem for Francis is Fury's a massive man, kind of like Semmy Schilt, there's just not much you can do when a fighters that large and can move, is technical and above all coordinated.

Overeem perhaps should 've thought of the idea first and challenged Klitschko lol back in the day when the juices ;) were flowing.
The problem for Francis is Fury's a massive man, kind of like Semmy Schilt, there's just not much you can do when a fighters that large and can move, is technical and above all coordinated.
Conor had to bust in first before it could be a reality for the reem

No. Francis can KO any man with a well placed haymaker. He does stand a chance, albeit absurdly small. 1/1000 is infinitely better than 0/100.
Exactly. You don't mess with power, and Fury would not be safe messing with Francis the way Floyd was with Conor. Fury is going to try to get this done within the first 4 rounds surely; you don't play with fire when you got a guy that sends his opponents in a vertical direction with his KO punches.

Ngannou gonna let his nuts hang and throw bombs, KOing Fury within two.

<{UberTS}>

Reactions: HHJ
Wilder isn't nearly as big of a guy as he seems. His frame is tall and lanky but built up, formerly did not fight at HW.

Funny how that is looking at the hardest punchers in HW history:
Foreman- 220 in his prime
Shavers- 205-210
Tyson- 215-220 all wet

old time:
Louis- 200
Marciano-185

It clearly isn't about excessive size. Smaller sized HWs.

I think Ngannou's chances, while still remote, are higher than a prime Overeem's would've been. He's bigger, stronger, more powerful, and his chin is also a lot better.
Prime Overeem? The Overeem that beat Brock? That overeem was bigger and stronger than Francis... with better technique... didn't punch as hard.. and definitely had the chin problem though...

pretty sure Eddie Hearn said this was not a proper fight from the start and people gave him lots of shit about it
3 days ago, he was mad against the BBBofC because they sanctionned it and not the Benn fight.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...nctioning-tyson-fury-vs-francis-ngannou-fight

Hearn is full of shit. He blasts this fight because Ngannou should not be allowed to box at this level but did not hesitate one second to offer AJ to fight Ngannou. He is salty because it's not his show and he doesn't get paid.

Prime Overeem? The Overeem that beat Brock? That overeem was bigger and stronger than Francis... with better technique... didn't punch as hard.. and definitely had the chin problem though...
He didn't look bigger when he fought Ngannou and I'm talking about his frame. Stronger? I don't think so. Not even when he was on copious amounts of horse meat. Overeem's hands have never been good and neither are Ngannou's by boxing standards.

Back