Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
i think a more interesting inquiry is who are frank’s current supporters who actually doubted him all along. you’ll find that many of the people calling out francis “haters” were themselves critics of his handling of his ufc exit and post-ufc career (flashback: it wasn’t a smooth exit, there was no plan in place, months went by without any news, and he signed with pfl). of course if you ask them now, they’ll say they always believed in him, etc. long story short, these people want lots of likes on their posts, and they’ll gladly pretend that they were always ride-or-die supporters of big frank, if it’s expedient to do so.

well, i’m not a frank supporter. not before, not now. but i’ll admit that was a good showing. fury was supposed to run over him. imo, even a clear ud loss for francis is still a “win” considering he’s never boxed.

i don’t even think the money from this fight matters much (it’s about 2 million more than if he fought jones). the important thing is he was competitive with the best hw boxer in a fight pretty much everyone expected him to lose. for that reason, he opened doors to things that are bigger than anything he had on his plate before. future fights, appearances, invitations, maybe even acting gigs or things like that.

i disagree with people who think nggano’s big win was simply securing this fight in the first place. if francis had lost this fight in humiliating fashion, he would be just another tyron woodley—a former ufc champ who took a payoff to pad some boxer’s highlight reel. in other words, a sellout or a whore. imo, frank needed a good showing to justify leaving behind a ufc belt. he did very well, against some very long odds. hats off to him.

Conor and Francis both did well
Conor did not do well. Conor landed a single good uppercut, otherwise Floyd let him punch himself out and then instantly took over the second he started trying and knocked the snot out of him. Francis showed elite patience and composure and knocked down the HW king at the height of his reign and took him to a split

Holy shit. Woke up expecting a brutal loss for Francis but this dude, who has not fought since early 2022, and trained for a couple of months, went punch for punch with Fury and scored the only knockdown in the match.
I seriously don't get the guy. EX-Level athlete or some shit. What makes this is even crazier is that if this was an MMA fight, Francis would have murdered him in the first round but he went over to the other sport and clowned the entire sport of boxing.
He's also basically immortal idk. Ate an elbow (if he had made a fuss about it, could have been a point deduction) but didn't even flinch.
He can do anything he puts his mind to. If he trained for 12 weeks, he could probably even be Miss Cameroon....

upload_2023-10-29_19-10-50.png

Styles make fights. I think wilder or ortiz spark him.
Wilder isn't a real HW... the guy used to way in the 210's in most of his fights. When he went heavy to fight against Fury in the 230's he got sparked. I think Francis has a solid shot to take out Wilder with a 40-50lb weight advantage and a neck that can handle the force.

This is worse than Lando Vanatta dropping Tony Ferguson literally the dudes only career accomplishment and never hear the end of it. lol OMG but he dropped Tony! herp derp!! here we go again i guess. :confused:

There’s no need for this fight at all.

But AJ would box Ngannou ears off. He’s too fast has power amd throws a lot of volume which Francis doesn’t. Francis didnt throw many punches in some rounds against Fury. Also he was taking rounds off clearly, I think other boxers would take advantage of this.

If Ngannou wants to be a boxer join the queue and build your self up earn the fights and let’s see how he goes.

Why should he be gifted all these fights he got his payday if your a boxing fan there’s plenty of other fights to make.

I can guarantee you Wilder would be spewing he didn’t fight Francis now. I did not see the power translate from MMA to boxing for Ngannou. I think Wilder puts Ngannou to sleep with the Jab followed by his right hand. Ngannou did not land a punch that hurt Fury. He might have caught him behind the ear in the third round but that about it. Fury said that.

The nose blowing all time thing was really suspicious and he seemed less sharper than ever.
Fury based his entire career on being sharper than his opponent, not on his power or his clean technique.
In that condition Ngannou was a bad match for him yesterday.

He actually landed his strongest 1-2 combination 2 times and Ngannou didn't even feel anything. That's must be freaking demoralizing.

And he got countered and dropped after a 1-2.

In the beginning of the match he landed strong jabs on Ngannou mid section and Ngannou made him pay once with a left counter hook and he abandoned it for the rest of the fight.

Francis is without a doubt, the GOATiest of all GOATS in the modern era. No other MMA champion can do what he did, and until they do, they can't say shit, and everyone knows it now. It simply isn't enough to be the champ in your division in the UFC. I mean, it is one feat for sure. But Francis has just raised the bar, and some. Until another MMA champion makes that cross over to boxing, and do what he did against another boxing champion, it just ain't enough. Francis is the GOAT, the modern GOAT, and he has raised the bar too damn high for anyone else to follow IMO. Absolutely amazing to watch as a MMA fan, as someone who watched Francis' early ass days in the UFC, where he looked far older, and some how reversed time and de-aged. Amazing.

MMA didnt need to BE "vindicated" in MY eyes. MMA is the shit. MMA always been the shit. I known that. I been known that.

<209Bitch>

This is the fight to make, power might be even while Ngannou has the better chin and Wilder the slightly better boxing technique.

Fury ran out of ideas. His punches and the illegal elbow didn't even make Ngannou flinch whereas Ngannous power troubled Fury. Fury's plan B is usually to bully, clinch and lean on his opponents but that wasn't working either lmao.

I hope John Fury takes both Tyson and Tommy behind the woodshed and beats the ever living fook out of them for being such utter embarrassments to the world of the sweet science.

This is worse than Lando Vanatta dropping Tony Ferguson literally the dudes only career accomplishment and never hear the end of it. lol OMG but he dropped Tony! herp derp!! here we go again i guess. :confused:
But the knockdown wasn't the only success Ngannou saw, right? He won several rounds, right? Against the HW champ? Why are you acting like a little baby, do you hate Ngannou that much?

I am printing this out as a poster and hanging it on my wall. Fury will live with this humiliation for the rest of his life. I am quite sad he embarrassed the sport of boxing though
1576d7105d20c2ca2e4d35f8c458509e

No shame in getting bonked by Ngannou he hits as hard as anyone ever has lol if Tyson got fucking SLEPT then yeah it would be utterly shameful.

Tyson got way more than he bargained for lol, what an absolutely legendary performance from Ngannou

Its a construct to make Tyson look fallible prior to Usyk , to put more views and tension into that fight .

As Sherbro said " shooting double legs etc "
The fake stumble as he looks to the floor where and how to land lying down and people think its legit ...please

All of these celeb events are pre arranged the money ths stuff brings via gambling when the out comes are known in advance

The outcome this aids Franucs to piston himself going forward as more dangerous and credible, the power play that this gives him now for the ability to pick where he goes and what he dioes next hus stock has gine thru the roof for him
and it brings a big crowd to Usyk with the idea Tyson is now past prime and ripe for the picking like the vultures are circling

The most over looked thing about Tyson Fury is he is ultra smart like no one else in the game
He knew years ago that boxing all seemed flat and lacked razzmatazz
All the stupid dressing up and antics put eyes on him as much as it gave a lot of people the ick
He has ushered in a lot of wrestling style showbiz into boxing and saw that were are in the age of selling fights is more important than the fights itself

Its a circus and he saw all this and made it work for him and played the game

Yesterday this was a farce and was just one of the stupid YT fight clubs today everyone will be talking about it

It's not what you are told its what you see , have we ever seen a celeb audience like this for Any event in your life? It was to pre amp Tysons next and final fight

Come one John Fury you think that lameness ain't all part of the Tyson road show circus it's the art of fugazi
You're as delusional as Robert Card was.

Back