Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
I believe the fight with Fury wouldn't have materialized as smoothly if he were part of the UFC, even not at all.

Dana has encountered significant opposition and resistance from powerful figures within the boxing world. Once Francis Ngannou expressed his desire to cross over to boxing, Dana's statements likely triggered strong reactions from influential boxing figures, and they may have worked tirelessly to ensure this fight came to fruition with Fury's participation.

It's plausible to assume that the UFC's attempts and bullying to pressure and coerce Ngannou had a role in Fury's decision to wanting to make that fight happen. Ngannou didn't possess the same level of influence and reach of a Conor. Under the UFC banner, it's questionable whether this fight would have come to fruition.

As the plan unfolded, it does cast some doubts on the UFC's claims of being the best career choice for fighters. This situation has shed light on the fact that the UFC's approach may not always align with the best interests of their athletes in terms of career opportunities and financial gain. A win for the boxing world against Dana.

Last edited:
The HW Boxing champion has a name. His name is Francis Ngannou

You must not follow boxing much because Whytes been flat out knocked out before multiple times before he ever fought Fury and he didn’t even throw many punches in that one . Your to emotionally invested to have any normal discussion here . Lol

You lost me with this one, you are all over the place. That is a tell tale sign of emotions running high. Grammatical errors, personal attacks....it's all on display in your post.

You did something called projecting, which comes from an insecure place.

Let's try to focus on the discussion at hand instead.

lol at your 'Fury was never that good' take. Clown stuff bro.

I’m beyond exited for Francis, but folks often confuse “doing better than expected” with winning. There were 6 rounds in which Fury out-landed Francis. There was a round they tied for punches landed, you can coin flip who won that round. To put it into perspective, Francis only landed 7 or more punches in 3 rounds, while Fury did it in 6 rounds. Saying that Francis won definitively shows people don’t know what they’re watching in boxing.

Did you watch the fight or just check the compubox stats after. Relax bro, it was definitely a debatable decision.

You lost me with this one, you are all over the place. That is a tell tale sign of emotions running high. Grammatical errors, personal attacks....it's all on display in your post.

You did something called projecting, which comes from an insecure place.

Let's try to focus on the discussion at hand instead.

lol at your 'Fury was never that good' take. Clown stuff bro.
Fury’s title defenses are Chisora and Whyte . I don’t think there’s any conversation to be had is there about how great he is ? Do you even know who Chisora is ,did you not see or read about the Ngannou fight a novice ? Give me a break about the topic of great or how good someone is because it’s not in this conversation. Fury’s a top heavyweight but he’s also extremely overrated and always has been .

And your the one talking about panty night ? Talking about losing someone. Lol

<45>

As the plan unfolded, it does cast some doubts on the UFC's claims of being the best career choice for fighters.
Not to be a UFC apologist or anything, but the UFC gave Ngannou the platform to build his popularity allowing him to fight a top boxer like Fury. If he were to come into boxing from the streets he'd probably be fighting some can in a bingo hall somewhere..

Here's another important point: Ngannou arguably won a boxing match against Fury, while Gane outstruck Ngannou clearly when they fought.

Usyk vs Fury then Usyk vs Ngannou after Usyk wins.
I feel like Francis winning a boxing fight (which he did last night unofficially) is a bad look for the sport of boxing. They let Conor n Francis fight the biggest stars in boxing because of the buzz these guys could create, but I think they thought Conor or Francis didn’t stand a chance. After the Francis fight last night I’m really interested in seeing how they move forward with him.

Last edited:
Although I spend 80% of my time here "defending" boxing against people who obviously don't know the first thing about it. I'd love to see Francis win against a top 5 hw in boxing then fight Jones. Would really be awesome. I figure his best chance is with Wilder.

Where are all those Francis haters and ufc shills who kept saying Francis is gonna be exploited as a punching bag and a very bad businessman?
Everyone was saying that and saying it doesn't make you Francis hater, it was common sense
You are old af but can't even understand simple shit like that

I’m beyond exited for Francis, but folks often confuse “doing better than expected” with winning. There were 6 rounds in which Fury out-landed Francis. There was a round they tied for punches landed, you can coin flip who won that round. To put it into perspective, Francis only landed 7 or more punches in 3 rounds, while Fury did it in 6 rounds. Saying that Francis won definitively shows people don’t know what they’re watching in boxing.
<bball1>

the output was very low throughout the fight though and very slow paced

The output was very low because Francis managed to dictate the pace of the fight which is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself. Fury came in hot in the first round trying to overwhelm him but Francis got his respect, wasn't biting on feints, dropped him and from thereon out Tyson fought very safe and timid from the outside. Francis slowed the fight down

Back