• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

International [U.S COVID Vaccine News] CDC to Lift COVID-19 Testing Requirement for international Travelers

If you want to reduce your risk then get the vaccine, if you don't want to that's fine because it's your choice. We should always respect people's choice about what chemicals they choose to put in their body, some people might be more fearful of the side effects of the vaccine than they are of covid and that's totally fine. It's bizarre how the social conditioning/propaganda has changed society. Just 2 years ago we thought nothing about someone going to work with the flu and we didn't persecute people who don't get the flu vaccine. Hopefully this ends soon, the cabal got what they wanted now we need to get back to normal before they actually implement the cashless societies they're pushing so hard for. That would be the end of what's left of our freedom.

It's absolutely nuts how much it has swung.

Seriously though, how can anyone who aren't batshit insane conspiracy theorists be looking at these medical statistics and still somehow manage to convince themselves that "vaccination doesn't work"? o_O
_____

CDC Data Shows Just 0.008% of Fully-Vaccinated People Have Contracted COVID
There have been only 5,800 reported cases of COVID-19 in the 76,681,252 Americans who have been fully vaccinated

60425434715c580018243021

More than one in five Americans have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. But some vaccinated people can still get the coronavirus, though infections are exceedingly rare and typically quite mild.

Of the over 76 million people across the US who were fully vaccinated as of Tuesday, some 5,800 had still tested positive for COVID-19, in what's known as a "breakthrough infection," according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

A few of those infections in vaccinated people were severe. About 400 of the 5,800 people with breakthrough infections, or 7%, required hospitalization, and 74, or 1.3%, died from the disease, the CDC said in a statement.

The report is another reminder that, as Dr. Anthony Fauci and other public-health experts have been stressing for months, vaccination is not a one-and-done way to end the pandemic. Wearing masks and social distancing remain critically important until we have enough immunity to stop the virus' circulation.

'The vaccine is working as expected'

These breakthrough infections are to be expected and are in line with how other vaccines work, the CDC said.

"We expect thousands of vaccine breakthrough cases will occur even though the vaccine is working as expected," the statement said.

"With the number of breakthrough cases, I think the important thing is to look at what the denominator of vaccinated people is," Fauci, the top infectious-disease expert in the US, said during a White House press briefing last week.

Breakthrough infections have occurred in about 0.008% of the people who've had their COVID-19 shot(s) and allowed them two full weeks to take effect. Fatal breakthrough cases have been very rare; the Minnesota Health Department tallied zero deaths in the first 89 breakthrough infection cases in the state.

"It's important to know that even if someone is vaccinated and then goes on to be one of the few unfortunate people to develop a breakthrough case, there still can be some level of protection provided by the vaccine," Kris Ehresmann, the department's infectious-disease director, said during a briefing in March.

The breakthrough rate of infections in Minnesota at that time was about 0.01%.

The new figures from the CDC also suggest that the authorized COVID-19 vaccines are nearly perfect at preventing death, as clinical trials had suggested: With 74 fatalities in 75 million people fully vaccinated, the vaccines appeared to be 99.99% effective.

40% of the breakthrough infections were in people over 60

The risk of a breakthrough infection might not be equal among everyone who's been vaccinated. The CDC said about 40% of the breakthrough infections reported had been discovered in people over 60, a demographic in which vaccines are often less effective.

"It is likely that elderly individuals, particularly if they are frail and have underlying conditions, might not have responded as well to the vaccine," Fauci said. "When someone is already elderly and may or may not have an underlying condition, that it is unfortunate but not surprising that you might have a couple of deaths."

The CDC said it created a nationwide "vaccine breakthrough database" for state health departments to help the federal government monitor cases.

https://www.businessinsider.in/scie...f-them-have-died/amp_articleshow/82091226.cms

The vaccine doesn't prevent infection, so not sure if I should even care about that any more.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and asssume you actually have some kind of Breaking News to contribute regarding that asssertion, not just throwing around your personal belief in an actual News thread base on bad reading-comprehension.

Can you include the actual news headline that says "the vaccine no longer prevents infections" in your post? All the data published by both State and Federal health agencies we have seen so far have said breakthrough infection rates are less than 1%, and that include the states being hit the hardest by the Delta variant right now like Massachusetts.

Last edited:
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and asssume you actually have some kind of Breaking News to contribute regarding that asssertion, not just throwing around your personal belief in an actual News thread base on bad reading-comprehension.

Can you post the new infection data that came to the new conclusion that "the vaccine no longer prevents infections"? All the ones published by both State and Federal health agencies we have seen so far have said breakthrough infection rates are less than 1%, and that include the states being hit the hardest right now.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/mounting-evidence-suggests-covid-vaccines-do-reduc
https://khub.net/documents/13593956...1-6ade-d3eb-a39e-9c9b25a8122a?t=1619601878136

In addition to the direct effects of preventing cases and reducing severity, we have shown that both the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 and BNT162b2 vaccines are associated with reduced likelihood of household transmission by 40-50% from individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 after vaccination, highlighting important wider benefits to close contacts. While this analysis was primarily intended to understand impacts on transmission to household contacts rather than those outside the household, the former are consistently identified as being at high risk for secondary infection.

This still is pretty good, but seems to be much higher than the number you reported.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/mounting-evidence-suggests-covid-vaccines-do-reduc
https://khub.net/documents/13593956...1-6ade-d3eb-a39e-9c9b25a8122a?t=1619601878136

In addition to the direct effects of preventing cases and reducing severity, we have shown that both the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 and BNT162b2 vaccines are associated with reduced likelihood of household transmission by 40-50% from individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 after vaccination, highlighting important wider benefits to close contacts. While this analysis was primarily intended to understand impacts on transmission to household contacts rather than those outside the household, the former are consistently identified as being at high risk for secondary infection.

This still is pretty good, but seems to be much higher than the number you reported.

"Breakthrough infection" is when a fully-vaccinated person get infected (the 6 people in NSW), whereas the reduced 40%-60% in "Transmission" means they are half as likely to pass it along compare to unvaccinated folks who get infected.

Thanks for the update from Australia. Good to see it still works as intended.

Can you include the actual news headline that says "the vaccine no longer prevents infections" in your post? All the data published by both State and Federal health agencies we have seen so far have said breakthrough infection rates are less than 1%, and that include the states being hit the hardest by the Delta variant right now like Massachusetts.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/top-...re-symptoms-after-vaccine-and-mixing-vaccines
You can still get infected you just won't end up admitted. Since I work with these patients I got it for that reason even though one of you assholes already gave me covid.

This is what that doctor actually said in regards to the rare cases of breakthrough infections that we all knew:

As you know, both COVID-19 vaccines currently available in Australia are incredibly good at protecting you from severe disease, hospitalisation, and death, they are really good protection against severe disease. If someone is unlucky to get Covid after having been vaccinated and you can still, in some cases, get Covid after you get vaccinated, even though your chances seem to be lower, it is likely you will experience a much milder disease.
This is your interpretation of what he said:

The vaccine doesn't prevent infection.
Here's the actual reality: No vaccines for any diseases are ever 100% effective, but two doses of the mRNA Covid vaccines continue to provide EXCELLENT protection against Covid infection, hospitalization, and deaths, for all current Variants of Concern including Delta.

Last edited:
"Breakthrough infection" is when a fully-vaccinated person get infected, whereas the reduced 40%-60% in "Transmission" means they are half as likely to pass it along compare to unvaccinated folks.

Roger. I misunderstood what you were talking about. I still think it's worth a mention because all these vaccinated people got infected and were contagious enough to have a 40% shot of passing on the virus. They still had some pretty high numbers throughout the study. I am in no way anti vax. I just don't think it's actually a true vaccine yet.

Roger. I misunderstood what you were talking about. I still think it's worth a mention because all these vaccinated people got infected and were contagious enough to have a 40% shot of passing on the virus. They still had some pretty high numbers throughout the study. I am in no way anti vax. I just don't think it's actually a true vaccine yet.

Oh for sure, and I fully expects the breakthrough infection/hospitalization/death rate to nudge slightly higher this Winter as well, since it's well-known that mRNA vaccine's efficacy against the new Delta variant dropped to 88% compare to its 95% efficacy against the original strain, but still should be under 1% of all cases this year unless an even more problematic variant mutated in our own population if this pandemic continues being dragged on needlessly.

Here are the breakthrough numbers from the U.S published at the end of June. I'll update the thread again when they release the newer stats at the end of July.

Something for Sherdoggers to keep in mind when doing risks/benefits assessment involving basic math:

Unvaccinated people are now accounted for 851,000 out of 853,000 Covid hospitalizations (99.9%) and 17,850 out of 18,000 deaths (99.2%) in the U.S last month.

Nearly all COVID hospitalizations and deaths in the U.S now are among unvaccinated people

By ELINOR ASPEGREN, N'DEA YANCEY-BRAGG AND STEVEN VARGAS | USA TODAY | JUNE 24, 2021

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. are among unvaccinated people, according to government data analyzed by the Associated Press.

“Breakthrough” infections, or COVID cases in those fully vaccinated, accounted for 1,200 of more than 853,000 hospitalizations in the U.S., making it 0.1% of hospitalizations. Data also showed that 150 of more than 18,000 COVID-19 related deaths were fully vaccinated people, which means they accounted for 0.8% of deaths.

Preside Joe Biden set a goal to have 70% of U.S. adults vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by Fourth of July. Currently, 63% of vaccine-eligible individuals, those 12 years or older, have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and 53% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC.

In a White House briefing on Tuesday, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said the vaccines are “nearly 100% effective against severe disease and death.

“Nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable,” she continued.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5329714001

Last edited:
Oh for sure, and I fully expects the breakthrough infection/hospitalization/death rate to nudge slightly higher this Winter as well, since it's well-known that mRNA vaccine's efficacy against the new Delta variant dropped to 88% compare to its 95% efficacy against the original strain, but still should be under 1% of all cases unless an even more problematic variant mutated in our own population if this pandemic continues being dragged on needlessly.

Here are the breakthrough numbers from the U.S, published in June:

It's good to see they appear to be working. I am pretty happy with anything around a 90% rate to be honest. I think that's pretty good. I would definitely like to see the co morbidity factors for those people as I definitely believe that is a factor.

I am following it here in Australia and we are sitting at 111 cases in one state with a full lockdown and the delta variant. We are less vaccinated, but it's still only killed 4 odd people so far and they have all been older and atleast 75+.

Give it another 6 months when the clinical trials are complete and I think people will take this vaccine up.

This is what that doctor actually said in regards to the rare cases of breakthrough infections that we all knew:

As you know, both COVID-19 vaccines currently available in Australia are incredibly good at protecting you from severe disease, hospitalisation, and death, they are really good protection against severe disease. If someone is unlucky to get Covid after having been vaccinated and you can still, in some cases, get Covid after you get vaccinated, even though your chances seem to be lower, it is likely you will experience a much milder disease.
This is your interpretation of what he said:

even though your chances seem to be lower, it is likely you will experience a much milder disease

So people who take the shot can still get it. I'm right you're wrong. Deal with it. Are you just arguing how many? Neat. Can you show which people get it and still get it before they get it? No. Sit down

Floridoh is my new home...came for the retirement and beaches...not for ppl making suicide...sad to see.

It's good to see they appear to be working. I am pretty happy with anything around a 90% rate to be honest. I think that's pretty good. I would definitely like to see the co morbidity factors for those people as I definitely believe that is a factor.

I am following it here in Australia and we are sitting at 111 cases in one state with a full lockdown and the delta variant. We are less vaccinated, but it's still only killed 4 odd people so far and they have all been older and atleast 75+.

Give it another 6 months when the clinical trials are complete and I think people will take this vaccine up.

I think the overwhelming majority of the people in the U.S already dug their heels in, since there's literally zero surprise in any published data sets - both clinical and in the real world. People already made up their mind on whether they wants this pandemic to end or not.

I think the FDA's full approval would get some of the ~10% of our population who are true vaccine-hesitant (i.e, those who are still concerned about exceedingly-rare side effects) to finally jump off the fence, especially when they witness their own town going to shit again this Winter, but I'm pretty sure the remaining ~20% of the American population who already dug in their anti-vax trenches against the "dangerous and cytotoxic vaccines" being "pushed on them" by the mysterious "They" that would surely shreds their DNA, reduce the men's sperm count, rendering the women infertile, and allow Bill Gates to track their magnetized arms through GPS/5G aren't going to suddenly stop being crazy and listen to their doctors over random people on Twitter, just because the FDA reviewed all the data and give its full approval.

If anything, I fully expect the same batshit insane folks to continue playing Mental Gymnastics with "alternative facts" to fit the ridiculous scenarios invented in their conspiracies-filled mind. If the daily data coming in that shows who are still being hospitalized all across the country couldn't open their eyes, nothing could.

That's okay though. As long as they keep that garbage in the Vaccine Protest thread, it's all good. We'll just sit back and watch the inevitable unfolds in the coming weeks, and hope there wouldn't be any new Variant of Concern embarrassingly named after one of our States/County/City that could finally bring the current mRNA vaccines' excellent efficacy down below accepted levels.

Last edited:
Floridoh is my new home...came for the retirement and beaches...not for ppl making suicide...sad to see.
Ron deDumbass doesnt want to report on cases, but hospitals report this independently

I haven't gotten the vaccine yet because I was going to wait til after my stress test, EKG and echo done by my Cardiologist in August but I spoke to him the other day and he said he cannot tell me whether or not to get it. Going to make an appointment for next Sunday

Here are some neat statistics I decided to run if anyone is interested:

First US death - February 26, 2020
Total US deaths in 2020 year - 336,802
171,729 deaths in first 6 months
336,802 deaths in 10 months

First person fully vaccinated in US - January 13, 2021
Total deaths 6 months in 2021 year - 271,198
232,464 deaths in 6 months after first full vaccination

US Deaths from February 26, 2020 to July 17, 2020 - 131,462
US Deaths from February 26, 2021 to July 17, 2021 - 107,651

US Deaths from July 17, 2020 to EOY 2020 - 205,340 (56% increase)
US Deaths from July 17, 2021 to EOY 2021 ESTIMATE - 168,000 (based on 56% increase of last year)

Used this site for reference along with Googles total deaths count to date: https://covidtracking.com/data/national/deaths

Update on from Israel on Covid transmission in those rare breakthrough cases, even when people in the same vaccinated household continues to interact with each other normally without any isolation.

Keep in mind that this study was carried out when the Alpha variant from the U.K was the dominant strain, which has since been replaced by the more problematic Delta variant from India in recent weeks.

Vaccinated people with COVID have a 4% risk of infecting their family
Study confirm that individuals vaccinated by the Pfizer vaccine are not only less likely to contract the virus, but they are also much less likely to share it.
By MAAYAN JAFFE-HOFFMAN | JULY 18, 2021

Vaccinated family members are around 50% less likely to infect each other with coronavirus if one of them becomes sick, a new study published by Sheba Medical Center researchers has found – helping to confirm that individuals vaccinated by the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine are not only less likely to contract the virus, but they are also much less likely to share it.

According to the study, published Sunday by Sheba, the French Pasteur Institute and Sorbonne Université on the non-peer reviewed medical sharing platform MedRxiv, the risk of vaccinated family members being infected by a family member who became ill even though he or she was vaccinated is 4% compared to the risk of an unvaccinated family member being infected by an unvaccinated family member, which is 57%.

The study also found that when those who were infected isolated the chance of family members getting infected dropped between 80% to 90%.

“The findings of this study reinforce findings from previous studies conducted at Sheba that indicate that vaccinated people not only get infected less, but they also infect others less,” said Prof. Gili Regev-Yochay, director of the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Unit at Sheba, who led the study.

The hospital followed the households of some 12,518 healthcare workers between the end of December 2020 and March 2021 and conducted this specific research among 210 families (902 people), of whom 191 adults and 24 children under 12 tested positive for the virus.

The study was conducted when the Alpha variant was the predominant strain in the country.

“For the first time, we were able to quantify the true risk of contracting coronavirus after significant exposure among vaccinated, unvaccinated, isolated people and adults compared to children,” the professor said.

The findings also showed that isolation from a household member with coronavirus is “necessary” and “effective,” Regev-Yochay said – even if other members of the household are vaccinated.

“This study is further evidence of the importance of raising the vaccination rate in Israel and the world,” Regev-Yochay continued. “It is the only effective way to reduce the pandemic and return to routine life alongside the coronavirus.”

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/...ikely-to-infect-your-jabbed-family-674208/amp

Last edited:
FDA targets January for Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine full approval decision
By Kayla Rivas | July 16, 2021​

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will weigh full approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in people aged 16 and older by January, the companies announced Friday.

The FDA granted a "priority review" designation for the companies’ Biologics License Application (BLA) completed in May, which included late-stage trial data on safety and efficacy up to six months post-second dose. Findings released in April stemming from 927 confirmed cases of symptomatic COVID-19 (850 cases in the placebo group versus 77 in the vaccinated group) suggested the vaccine was 91.3% effective up to six months after the second dose.

The vaccine's protection against severe COVID-19 ranged from 95.3% to 100% depending on definitions used by the FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), respectively. The vaccine's safety has been studied in over 44,000 participants aged 16 and up, and six months' worth of follow-up data is available for over 12,000 vaccinated participants post-second dose, "demonstrating a favorable safety and tolerability profile" and "no serious safety concerns were observed," the companies previously said.

A spokesperson at the FDA told Fox News the agency expects to complete the review "far in advance" of the January target date.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla touted the results, including high protection against a concerning viral variant first detected in South Africa; nine cases of COVID-19 cropped up in the placebo group in a study involving 800 total participants in South Africa, translating to a vaccine efficacy of 100%. Six of the nine cases were tied to the viral variant after sequencing. The vaccine was less protective against the variant compared to the original strain, but the company and public health officials have said the vaccine remains highly effective.

Pfizer has also signaled its intention to file for emergency use authorization for a COVID-19 booster shot, but the FDA and CDC said fully vaccinated Americans "do not need" an extra dose at this time. The health agencies said the U.S. "is fortunate to have highly effective vaccines that are widely available" to eligible populations. Nevertheless, a panel of independent experts advising the CDC plans to consider additional doses of the COVID-19 vaccine in a small fraction of the population with weakened immune systems.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fda-targets-january-pfizer-covid-vaccine-approval-decision

Back