2014 Weidman > DDP

Edwards > 2014 Lawler.

Islam > 2014 Pettis

2014 Aldo > Topuria

2014 Dillashaw > O'Malley

2014 DJ > Pantoja

2024 jones would get in serious trouble againt champ werdum,
the guard was incredible

Werdum > Jones - Both men can't box to save their lives but I favour Werdum's cardio, pace and BJJ to overwhelm this version of Jones. I'd actually give 2014 Jones a better chance since his cardio and clinch was rock solid too. If Jones' showed he had just as good cardio with his new HW build I'd pick him but I'm very doubtful about it.

Werdum > Aspinall - Could be one of those fights were Werdum gets blasted early but Werdum at this point had a elite set of tools and slick footwork to avoid that. With Aspinall's cardio being a question mark it's hard seeing him go all 5 with Werdum since Werdum showed a slick style to shut down Browne when he was a similar athletic based HW (Not saying he's as good but he was good long ago)

Jones > Pereira - On paper Jones should be able to take Alex down and crack elbows for a quick finish.... I do think Pereira could develop the tools to do what Gus did in their 1st fight but it's something he hasn't shown yet despite showing the progress towards that ability.

Weidman < DDP - DDP is a tank of a man and has cardio for days. Weidman was a good pressure fighter but tended to wilt against fellow elite fighters and even if he has a hot start I think DDP's cardio allows him to take over after a shaky 1st round.

Lawler > Edwards - A sniper vs a technical brawler. At this point in his career Lawler wasn't the trickiest striker but he had almost unmatched cardio and the heart to dish out damage while eating damage. I think this looks like the Rory/Lawler fight but Edwards' cardio has looked extremely suspect and I think he wilts quicker than Rory did. I'd like Edwards' chances better if he was a finisher.

Pettis < Islam - Striking wise prime Pettis with confidence could give Islam all he can handle and might even be able to get a surprise finish... but the clinch and takedown would be so brutal that Islam probably gets a sub after a round or 2 mauling in the grappling.

Aldo > Topuria - I still haven't seen Topuria's last fight but Aldo's jab and defence on paper has a good style to negate the pressure. Cardio would be interesting though.

TJ > Sean - I think TJ's wrestling being as sharp as it is has him hit takedowns to dictate the fight and stay safe if Sean does manage to catch him. TJ's a bit shorter though so that could play into O'malley's striking despite TJ being so slick.

MM > Pantoja - I think MM after his Joe B KO dominates every single Flyweight ever. The DJ that went to hell and back vs JoeB and Dodson would make for some interesting fights against the Moreno's and Pantoja's but besides that I don't think it's close.

I picked 2014 far more than I expected but I think most of the matchups are close.

Cain, Barao, and Hendricks were still the champs at this time in 2014 tho.

Werdum > Jones - Both men can't box to save their lives but I favour Werdum's cardio, pace and BJJ to overwhelm this version of Jones. I'd actually give 2014 Jones a better chance since his cardio and clinch was rock solid too. If Jones' showed he had just as good cardio with his new HW build I'd pick him but I'm very doubtful about it.

Werdum > Aspinall - Could be one of those fights were Werdum gets blasted early but Werdum at this point had a elite set of tools and slick footwork to avoid that. With Aspinall's cardio being a question mark it's hard seeing him go all 5 with Werdum since Werdum showed a slick style to shut down Browne when he was a similar athletic based HW (Not saying he's as good but he was good long ago)

Jones > Pereira - On paper Jones should be able to take Alex down and crack elbows for a quick finish.... I do think Pereira could develop the tools to do what Gus did in their 1st fight but it's something he hasn't shown yet despite showing the progress towards that ability.

Weidman < DDP - DDP is a tank of a man and has cardio for days. Weidman was a good pressure fighter but tended to wilt against fellow elite fighters and even if he has a hot start I think DDP's cardio allows him to take over after a shaky 1st round.

Lawler > Edwards - A sniper vs a technical brawler. At this point in his career Lawler wasn't the trickiest striker but he had almost unmatched cardio and the heart to dish out damage while eating damage. I think this looks like the Rory/Lawler fight but Edwards' cardio has looked extremely suspect and I think he wilts quicker than Rory did. I'd like Edwards' chances better if he was a finisher.

Pettis < Islam - Striking wise prime Pettis with confidence could give Islam all he can handle and might even be able to get a surprise finish... but the clinch and takedown would be so brutal that Islam probably gets a sub after a round or 2 mauling in the grappling.

Aldo > Topuria - I still haven't seen Topuria's last fight but Aldo's jab and defence on paper has a good style to negate the pressure. Cardio would be interesting though.

TJ > Sean - I think TJ's wrestling being as sharp as it is has him hit takedowns to dictate the fight and stay safe if Sean does manage to catch him. TJ's a bit shorter though so that could play into O'malley's striking despite TJ being so slick.

MM > Pantoja - I think MM after his Joe B KO dominates every single Flyweight ever. The DJ that went to hell and back vs JoeB and Dodson would make for some interesting fights against the Moreno's and Pantoja's but besides that I don't think it's close.

I picked 2014 far more than I expected but I think most of the matchups are close.
A good amount of nonsense.

I think a lot of the current guys mop the floor with the 2014 guys. Mighty Mouse and Jones are the only 2014 guys I think definitely win. Tj and Aldo fights are close. The rest I favor the current fighter pretty heavily.

Jones > 2014 Werdum

Aspinall > 2014 Werdum

2014 Jones > Poatan

2014 Weidman > DDP

Edwards > 2014 Lawler.

Islam > 2014 Pettis

2014 Aldo > Topuria

2014 DJ > Pantoja
I dont see how edwards beats 2014 lawler, I see lawler overwhelming him. I also think Rory and condit would have beat edwards too.

the rest I agree with though. DDP vs weidman could be closer than I expect though.

Would take Jon Jones now over 2014 Werdum

Aspinall over 2014 Werdum

Jon Jones 2014 beats

DDP toughs out 2014 Weidman

Leon dog walks 2014 Lawler (Condit beat him imo and hendricks won the second fight also imo)

Islam beats Anthony Pettis 2014

Jose Aldo 2014 and Ilia Tuporia is a toss up, I can't call that tbh, would probably look like the second Aldo vs. Chad Mendes fight

Sean beats TJ 2014 if he fights smart

MM 2014 beats Pantoja

Would take Jon Jones now over 2014 Werdum

Aspinall over 2014 Werdum

Jon Jones 2014 beats

DDP toughs out 2014 Weidman

Leon dog walks 2014 Lawler (Condit beat him imo and hendricks won the second fight also imo)

Islam beats Anthony Pettis 2014

Jose Aldo 2014 and Ilia Tuporia is a toss up, I can't call that tbh, would probably look like the second Aldo vs. Chad Mendes fight

Sean beats TJ 2014 if he fights smart

MM 2014 beats Pantoja
Jones has only had one heavyweight fight and it was against at a green kickboxer with no wrestling. Werdum would beat jones easily, if jones took him down he’d get subbed. Jones has struggled against every fighter he’s faced that’s his size besides gane who can’t wrestle. There would be nothing Jones could do to Werdum to win

There is a reason jones wants 50 year old stipe.

Toporia/Aldo would not be a toss up, Aldo 100% loses that fight. Mendes did not have even close to the boxing and precision Toporia has, top has more power too

Last edited:
HW : BJJ WERDUM vs JONES
HW interim : BJJ WERDUM vs TOM ASPINALL

LHW : USADA JONES vs ALEX

MW : TRT WEIDMAN vs DU PLESSIS

WW : TRT LAWLER vs LEON

LW : TRT PETTIS vs ISLAM

FW : PRIME ALDO vs TOPURIA

BW : JUICY TJ vs SUGAR SEAN

FLYWEIGHT : PRIME DEMETRIOUS vs PANTOJA

<EdgyBrah>
Eddie Bravo comments: They aren't even up to 300, let alone 2014.

Aldo would get absolutely murdered by Toporia let’s be honest. If Toporia beat Volk then he definitely beats Aldo.

Jones > 2014 Werdum

Aspinall > 2014 Werdum

2014 Jones > Poatan

2014 Weidman > DDP

Edwards > 2014 Lawler.

Islam > 2014 Pettis

2014 Aldo > Topuria

2014 DJ > Pantoja
You’re insane if you think Jones beat Werdum and Toporia would KO Aldo so fast it’s not funny

I'd pick all the 2014 champs with the exception of Aspinall, Leon and Islam, who I believe would win.

Back