UFC 205 PBP/Discussion

lots of clownfuks on twitter trying to call for a 10 - 8 fourth for woodley, a 10 - 8 round for a guy that spent the last 70 seconds of it on bottom, after he jumped guard on a failed guillotine attempt? not to mention he was eating shots for those 70 seconds aswell. some people are just professional glue sniffers.

I'll have to re-watch but from what I remember round four doesn't constitute a 10-8 round. I mean, Wonderboy was pressing the action and landing the clean strikes up until he got tagged and wobbled late in the round but he gutted it out and ended up in guarnd dropping bombs so I would not imagine it being anything other than a typical 10-9 round. Nevertheless, I have seen much crazier scores in my life and will have to go back and rewatch it again with an unbiased eye. Woodley was marking Wonderboy been nearly got to knock out and even almost pulled off the submission so I guess a 10-8 round is not the craziest thing in the world. That said, it is a 10-9 in my book and my main problem with giving Woodley a 10-8 there is that it is not inconsistent with how 10-8 rounds are usually disbursed.

How is it not still a sport? Conor is the best guy at FW and at LW. Is a close call win over Lando Vannata better than beating Nate and killing Aldo? Were they not suppose to generate the biggest PPV they could for MSG debut? All this talk is over exaggerated.

CMac is a monster, but one thing is certain...I do know one thing, Conor better hope to fucking hell that he doesn't draw the Russian Sambo suplex machine in his next bracket. Nurmy will absolutely rape Conor. I'm serious, the with the commission would mandate that there be a Safe-Word between the two for that fight to happen.

Conor is the best guy at FW and at LW

no, he currently have the belts, in terms of ability i still rate aldo higher then i do conor, i don't think a 13 seconds ko is in any way telling for how 10 fights between them would play out. and at lw i think cerrone and khabib offers bigger challenges then alvarez, for a multitude of reasons. and he still hasn't defended a single belt he's won. ever. in any organization.

no, he currently have the belts, in terms of ability i still rate aldo higher then i do conor, i don't think a 13 seconds ko is in any way telling for how 10 fights between them would play out. and at lw i think cerrone and khabib offers bigger challenges then alvarez, for a multitude of reasons. and he still hasn't defended a single belt he's won. ever. in any organization.
Conor KOs Aldo easy 10/10 times. You'll see him defend a belt now

Meh.. Im not a fan of Conor but I think he is the best FW.

At LW there are a lot of guys who beat Conor.

I'll have to re-watch but from what I remember round four doesn't constitute a 10-8 round. I mean, Wonderboy was pressing the action and landing the clean strikes up until he got tagged and wobbled late in the round but he gutted it out and ended up in guarnd dropping bombs so I would not imagine it being anything other than a typical 10-9 round. Nevertheless, I have seen much crazier scores in my life and will have to go back and rewatch it again with an unbiased eye. Woodley was marking Wonderboy been nearly got to knock out and even almost pulled off the submission so I guess a 10-8 round is not the craziest thing in the world. That said, it is a 10-9 in my book and my main problem with giving Woodley a 10-8 there is that it is not inconsistent with how 10-8 rounds are usually disbursed.

round four was clearly a 10-8 round until woodley went for the ill-advised sub attempt as he was very close to being stopped. not to be critical but imo anyone that bet wonderboy should be estatic on the draw. stephen was outlanded by close to twice as many shots at twice the connect percentage along with having close to only half the time of octagon control, was on the receiving end of a kd, a td and two sub attempts while scoring none himself.

http://www.ufcespanol.com/event/ufc-205

i see my fighter putting up a stat line line like that and ill gladly take a draw any day all day

CMac is a monster, but one thing is certain...I do know one thing, Conor better hope to fucking hell that he doesn't draw the Russian Sambo suplex machine in his next bracket. Nurmy will absolutely rape Conor. I'm serious, the with the commission would mandate that there be a Safe-Word between the two for that fight to happen.
What do you think the odds on the fight would be?

I'd say McGregor -140 but I'd pick Khabib.

Id bet $1000 the fight never is even discussed with Conor's team.
He's bigger than the UFC IMO and he gets to pick his fights.

I'd say McGregor -140 but I'd pick Khabib.

Id bet $1000 the fight never is even discussed with Conor's team.
He's bigger than the UFC IMO and he gets to pick his fights.
He said he wanted equity in the UFC in the post-fight press conference!

Dumb bitch Tate ruined my bet then retired

She literally fucked me & not in the way that I like to be fucked

Crushed this event for 20.5 units... my best UFC ever, following a 4 event losing streak.

Was massive on McGregor, Romero, and Pennington decision. Grinded out a unit or two other than that.

Hope everyone else did well.

Up 16u tonight. Cha ching babyyyy

Hope my boys @Joseph Budden, @Brick Top and @EzFlyer did good tonight too

And @PuertoRican, I had drafted MJ and KK so I definitely wouldve lost this weeks DF league. No harm no foul. Next week im coming for that #1 spot though.
Congrats bro. I made about 4u after live bets etc and won another few beating bums on head to head DraftKings so not bad. Would have been a huge night if Wonderboy won but it'll do

Doug Crosby scored rd 1 a 10-8??

SMFH, Woodley landed some okay gnp, had good top control, hit that one nice short elbow. But he never had WB in any real trouble and never even advanced to a truly dominant position. Wonderboy was moving and defending well the whole time.

Rd 4 was closer to a 10-8 I guess but even then the last minute was Wonderboy dropping gnp on Woodley. So shouldn't have been 10-8 either.

Rd 5 was actually pretty close. I think WB won it, but not by a lot. So the draw isn't most egregious decision I've seen at all. But I do think the correct score it 48-47 WB.

What an insane event.

I ended up winning 6.66u for the night which I'm happy with considering a losing my first handful of bets totalling ~10u. Yoel finishing Weidman in R3 was like a 19u swing, so that helped. About what I lost on the last UFC event.

Would've won a lot if Wonderboy had gotten the nod, but I'm not too mad at the draw, as long Woodley didn't win, that would've been such a robbery IMO. He did absolutely nothing in R2 and the first 3½ minutes of R5. Hopefully Wonderboy takes the rematch. If he does it's great for Maia as I feel those guys are in sort of a rock-paper-scissor situation where Woodley > Maia > Wonderboy.

Looking forward to maxxing out Yoel ITD @ -200 or something stupid when he gets the Bisping fight :D

Congrats to the winners, hope noone got destroyed too badly, looks like that winner announcement failure in the WW fight had a lot of people preparing to file for bankruptcy ;)

2 bux +6500 on draw hits.

whoopdeefuckindoo

would've won like 1000 if thompson won decision, heh

i agree with 47-47, tho

48-47 judge for twood is on crack, thompson won 2/3/5. 2/5 aren't even in question.

Fucking Douglas Crosby strikes again! The guy is the worst judge in mixed martial arts ever. I seriously believe he has finally supplanted the infamous Cecil Peoples as the most incompetent official in the game. This is a guy who notoriously gave Frankie Edgar ALL 5 rounds in 2010 against BJ Penn in what most thought was the wrong decision. Then this same buffoon is Miesha Tate the first round against Pennington prior to firmly putting a stamp on his stupidity by giving an ensuing score card that had Tyron Woodley winning the first round 10-8 against Wonderboy while scoring the fourth round 10-9. Man they have got to get this guy another hobby! Be it birdwatching, stargazing, collecting minerals or becoming an amateur philatelist, the man must find something other to do with his time other than drift off during fights that he should be scoring. And I do say another hobby because it is apparent that judging MMA fights is not something that he sees as a profession.

I would surmise that Khabib open around can 2-1 favorite. Just because of Conor's hype and the ability and to put his man — ANY MAN for that matter — to sleep... Nurmy would probably open around -165 before the public got a hold of it. If Johnson hadn't wobbled Khabib like he did with so many clean punches aearly in the fight, I think that he opens around -220. however there was a huge chińk in that Russian armor that Conor can exploit therefore the line cannot get out of hand.

Bookmakers obviously see a path for McGregor to get the win with the fight starting on the feet. I would take Khabib up to -250 personally. If he gets a hold of Conor it's over, but the way he was cracked against Johnson would have my heart in my throat until he could get his mitts on the Irishman.

I would surmise that Khabib open around can 2-1 favorite. Just because of Conor's hype and the ability and to put his man — ANY MAN for that matter — to sleep... Nurmy would probably open around -165 before the public got a hold of it. If Johnson hadn't wobbled Khabib like he did with so many clean punches aearly in the fight, I think that he opens around -220. however there was a huge chińk in that Russian armor that Conor can exploit therefore the line cannot get out of hand.

Bookmakers obviously see a path for McGregor to get the win with the fight starting on the feet. I would take Khabib up to -250 personally. If he gets a hold of Conor it's over, but the way he was cracked against Johnson would have my heart in my throat until he could get his mitts on the Irishman.
Good stuff

Back