UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly disagree that DP does not have "much" KO power. He has KO'd half the people he's beaten. He's the only man to TKO Yancy and Green (outside an end of round retirement years ago). He's also the only person to KO Carlos Ferreira. Not disputing your over bet albeit I wouldn't personally play it, but he defo has power.
hmm alright you got me i won't play this. i was kinda fifty fifty

stipe vs jds o1,5 hits?

Non-pro tip: Alvarez/Poirier O1.5 pays 1.4 at bet365

Just watched tape(last 5 fights) on Alverez vs Porier. This is a tough one to call for me. From the last 4-5 fights I watched of Alverez, he isn't winning rounds on the feet. He seems to resort to the pressure/grinder style when he's losing, clinching against the cage, going for takedowns. He had to resort to it after getting beat up by melendez in round one, it worked. He went with that style right out the gate on Pettis and that worked. RDA wasn't going to allow it, but Alverez is all heart and was able to land a solid shot. Then he got schooled by Mcgregor. Porier throws much more volume, has power as well. He has also shown success with his clinch game and takedowns. He's the more creative striker. The only thing is, he's prone to turn it into a brawl, and with the heart Eddie has, he can always land a hook and end it like Michael Johnson did.
I don't know if Alverez's grinding style will work on Porier, I didn't see him get pressured against the fence much in his last 4-5 fights. Which was Alverez's path to victory in all his wins besides RDA. Against RDA he was losing the exchanges, but landed that solid punch.

I got to give the edge to Porier here. He's in his prime, seems to be maturing in all levels. His leg was fucked up last fight, and that was only 3 months ago, so that worrys me a bit. I'm sure its fine, but eddie has some solid leg kicks. Really a tough fight to call, but I don't think Alverez can pressure Porier against the fence all fight, nor can he outwork him on the feet for a decision. However you can't count out Alverez's heart. I just checked the odds, looks like exactly where i'd cap it. I think Porier is worth the bet here at -120.

I think the better play for Alvarez/DP is go to distance @1.83 than o1,5. Pays a lot better and if the fight passes the first round i think it is going to distance.
O1,5 for the main event looks pretty good to me. Miocic has KO`d only fighters close to the 40 and JDS still hasnt be KO`d in his carred (only TKO`d twice).

Strongly disagree that DP does not have "much" KO power. He has KO'd half the people he's beaten. He's the only man to TKO Yancy and Green (outside an end of round retirement years ago). He's also the only person to KO Carlos Ferreira. Not disputing your over bet albeit I wouldn't personally play it, but he defo has power.

Dustin opened my eyes big time to his power when he KO'd Bobby
I thought that fight was going the distance for sure

Where you at@MMA-Gambling Expert?
We need your eliteness.
How confident are you on Mas from 1 to 10?
1 is low and 10 is the highest

Regarding Mas/Maia -

While Maia will have the size advantage with Mas competing at 155 many times, I think people are underestimated the speed factor Mas will have in this fight. I believe this is the fastest fighter Maia has ever faced, with Prime Anderson (7 years ago) and Gunnar Nelson coming 3rd. Mas can stay very light on his feet and I see him circling a lot this fight. He will not want to get his back against the cage where Maia can shoot in and also where Maia gets most of his take-downs. Maia's bread and butter take downs in a single leg against the fence. I can def see Mas staying light on his feet, dancing around with jabs and some straight rights and circling out. If he drops Maia I think he will be smart enough to not follow him to the mat. Maia has also had signs of gassing a little bit late in fights. People say Mas can only win by KO but I think he can win by DEC too. I am leaning towards Mas here but haven't made up my mind yet.

Last edited:
Dustin opened my eyes big time to his power when he KO'd Bobby
I thought that fight was going the distance for sure

Only reason he KO'd Bobby was because Bobby thought he was some world class boxer and tried doing the shoulder roll.

Only reason he KO'd Bobby was because Bobby thought he was some world class boxer and tried doing the shoulder roll.

But Bobby's been doing that shit for ages. He's always had that cocky standup style.

Under 2,5 Skelly/Knight 2.87 (risk but this odds have value imo)

Edgar/Rodriguez over 2,5 + Cejudo/Petis over 2,5 1.85

Poirier 1.72

Casey 1.80

Over 1,5 Miocic/Cigano + Over 2,5 Jotko/Branch 2.10

Maia 2.00

Cigano 2.10

Over 2,5 Aguilar/Casey + Vick 1.75

Thoughts...

Poirier at 1.72 is not something I would take, it's such a close fight two hitable guys with questionable chins and decent power with a tendency to get dragged into brawls. Also Poirier was the underdog just a couple of days ago, I'd wait and see if it bounces back to a pick em

Buying out of my Andrade bet. Brandon Schwab said Joanna is the easiest pick on the card and it's going to be a "bully beatdown"
He dropped some other gems too, the last two podcasts really are worth listening just for the unintentional comedy. Said that that was the best Klitschko has ever looked (Joshua fight), and that it was the best HW boxing fight of all time.

Bobbys always had a good chin on him
Look at what fucking barboza hit him with
Dustin power is legit

Regarding Mas/Maia -

While Maia will have the size advantage with Mas competing at 155 many times, I think people are underestimated the speed factor Mas will have in this fight. I believe this is the fastest fighter Maia has ever faced, with Prime Anderson (7 years ago) and Gunnar Nelson coming 3rd. Mas can stay very light on his feet and I see him circling a lot this fight. He will not want to get his back against the cage where Maia can shoot in and also where Maia gets most of his take-downs. Maia's bread and butter take downs in a single leg against the fence. I can def see Mas staying light on his feet, dancing around with jabs and some straight rights and circling out. If he drops Maia I think he will be smart enough to not follow him to the mat. Maia has also had signs of gassing a little bit late in fights. People say Mas can only win by KO but I think he can win by DEC too. I am leaning towards Mas here but haven't made up my mind yet.

Maia is great at hitting the single in the middle of the cage and then pushing you to the fence. He doesn't need Mas to be backed against the fence to initiate the takedown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back