UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason my card is being denied at Bovada...should I try a new site? What do you guys recommend?
They deny mine too. I use BetUS. I know some don't like them but they pay right away money gram or send you a card they will cash out on for a smaller fee. It takes a few weeks to get the card though. I read bad things about them after winning a big bet at 196 because bovada wouldn't take my card. People said they don't pay. I have not had any issue. Just don't take their free play bonuses you have to flip that money 10 times to get paid and they'll tie your other money up with it if you cross bets with it.

You got them mixed up, its sherman whos never won against a fighter with a winning record, coulter actually has and shorter notice for sherman, coulter had a fight coming up
Not true, Sherman beat 9-3 Jack May. Coulter has zero wins against winning fighters but thanks for intel on short noice

Not true, Sherman beat 9-3 Jack May. Coulter has zero wins against winning fighters but thanks for intel on short noice
That was an injury and sherman looked bad, coulter has exactly one win over an opponent with a winning record, shermans best legit win is a guy thats 1-2

They both suck imo

Gonna be a long six hours. Excited as fuck not just for UFC to be back, but this card. One of the sickest cards on paper ever

I wouldn't bet on Coulter/Sherman with a gun to my head but I'm picking Coulter.

Why:

- Sherman said he didn't have any big HW's to train with for this camp
- Coulter has guys as tall as 6'6 in the gym with him
- Coulter could be the more explosive guy with his 17 year football background
- Coulter reach advantage
- Sherman is really mediocre and will likely get caught in a firefight at some point while trying to drag Coulter into deeper waters. I think he gets cracked while trying to play the methodical role

Unknown factors: Coulter's chin and gas tank (I assume it blows with his size and UFC debut nerves).

Some nice props to look at -

small bets for me -

Sherman round 2(+625) and round 3(+1300) - I read in a article last week that Sherman said he is going to take him in the deep waters and test his gas tank since he know Coutler didn't have much time to prepare for this one.

Barzola by dec - +172

Edgar by sub - +1175 - long shot but with Yair leaving himself open during scrambles there is a small chance Edgar can catch something.

Mas in round 2 (+700) or round 3 (+1000) My favorite, if Mas can hold on and drag it into round 2 and 3 I think he can finish Maia.

JDS round 4(+1425) or round 5 (+2150)

Stipe - round 4(+1000) or round 5 (+1400)

I think both Stipe and JDS can finish the fight in the latter rounds.

I wouldn't bet on Coulter/Sherman with a gun to my head but I'm picking Coulter.

Why:

- Sherman is really mediocre and will likely get caught in a firefight at some point while trying to drag Coulter into deeper waters. I think he gets cracked while trying to play the methodical role

Unknown factors: Coulter's chin and gas tank (I assume it blows with his size and UFC debut nerves).
I don't think he'd need big HWs when Coulter is a soft and small 240, but where did he say that? Hes been training at Jackson-Wink for this camp, gotta believe a gym that big has some decent sized bodies for Sherman to work with

I don't think he'd need big HWs when Coulter is a soft and small 240, but where did he say that? Hes been training at Jackson-Wink for this camp, gotta believe a gym that big has some decent sized bodies for Sherman to work with

That's what I thought too in regards to Jackson's. It was in an Ukram post from part 2 of the 211 threads. Had a couple interviews posted. I'll see if I can find the link again. Watched them last night.

Why:

Sherman has a chin though, he took some serious head shots from Ledet, was just blocking the punches with his head, and Walt cracked him a few times before putting him out, but not completely . Not saying it's not possible but Sherman has showed he had a great chin. Not sure you can say the same about Coutler. Sherman in round 2 or 3 prop bets are great to, I am hitting those but small, after all it's a low tier HW.

Last edited:
Sherman has a chin though, he took some serious head shots from Ledet, was just blocking the punches with his head, and Walt cracked him a few times. Not saying it's not possible but Sherman has showed he had a great chin. Not sure you can say the same about Coutler. Sherman in round 2 or 3 prop bets are great to, I am hitting those but small, after all it's a low tier HW.

Yeah, I like those props. If Coulter fucks up he's likely dead in 2 or 3.

Early Fight Pass, I like Joachim, Benitez/Barzola over, and JAG. I see a bunch of overs hitting there after as the card progresses with the exception of Poirier/Alvarez and any HW fight tonight.

Joachim is a BJJ black belt with a stout chin. Not sure why Guwop is favored -160 to finish this fight. His debut wasn't impressive to me. De Lima gave him that guillotine choke on a silver platter. I could honestly be de Lima's BJJ coach. Gulov isn't going to have an easy time trying to tap Joachim. With that said, Golov's striking isn't even good. He fires off hard shots but he ain't got no boxing. He sprints across the cage and crosses his feet exposing himself to get hit. He also doesn't look like he can go a hard 3 rounds.

Onto Joachim, he's actually pretty agile for a guy with his build. I love that he always sticks his jab out and he's got height and 6 inch reach advantage here. He's got a reliable jab-cross and if Gulov starts to get tired and they clinch I can see the taller man spamming uppercuts, elbows, and knees and chipping at the Russian. Upset alert right there. But I also noticed the Russian is training at ATT maybe his game has improved so the safer route could be the NOT ITD +130.

Anyways, why again is this dude -400? The Russian factor I presume.

With the two Latino dudes, I think it'll hit the scorecards unless Barzola shoots a sloppy shot and Benitez hits a guillotine.

Lastly on the final play of the Fight Pass prelim parlay, I like JAG to win an Edgar-lite workman decision. I think she puts the stamp on rounds via being on top. I think she's got solid entries into her TDs unlike most females that always go for the dreaded head & arm throw. Also, JAG never lost her cool against Gadhela and found her adjustments and turned up her work rate in the 3rd round. She's at a disadvantage when it comes to size and length however but Casey almost never keeps the fight upright. There's a reason why she has never won a decision in her career. Anyone who pulls guard and their name isn't Demian Maia deserves to be an underdog, scribe that into the Betting Commandments. I also don't see Casey having an easy time tapping a BJJ brown belt. Personally, +125 and rising is the play but the o2.5 is probably more solid if you're set on playing Casey already.

Unsure of how the judges in Texas will be scoring tonight or what are the rules anyways? I'm unsure so I can't really say until I watch these fights unfold and play as I go.

I like sherman. I'm not so much picking sherman, but picking against a can crusher on short notice who hasn't fought in the ufc.

Why is James Vick almost -400?

That's a stupid line.

Playing polo at +320.

I'm gonna put some $ down on Maia but right now he is +110.. does anyone think it will go up?

Why is James Vick almost -400?

That's a stupid line.

Playing polo at +320.
Im leaving this one alone. Polo has power and vick always keeps his chin exposed. The line for this fight is awful. Vick should be closer to the -190 area imo.

I think Casey could literally jab and leg kick Aguilar the entire fight. Of course she's back up to almost -160 now. And frankie is back to almost -140. I was gonna parlay them today.

These fights are all too close. I'm just going to hit overs hard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back