UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow its a good thing Brendan Schaub does not post on THIS forum or he would be called almost every name in the book and belittled viciously for any ONE of these statements/suggestions he recently made regarding the Andrade vs JJ title dust up.
" "
Bloody beat down
Joanna could win this blindfolded
Blood fest
Andrade will need face surgery
Joanna by murder

He did say it will go to a dec. and also JJ could be caught and finished, but with little conviction.

Brendan stay away from here,out in public and every place else 75-80% your ok, but not in this parallel universe regarding this title fight.

Swab is notoriously terrible at picking fights

Yeah, I don't trust it that much and did only 0.5u. I think it's good to bet on this kind of info as a beginner. Getting slightly burned once or twice is a good reminder. Or maybe this is just the right way for me to bet pick'em fights with no personal leanings. Who knows. Gotta try to find out.

Just watched what little tape there is on coulter. Betting on this fight is literally like playing black or red. Pass

Both guys taking it on short notice but coulter actually had an extra week or so as he was preparing for another fight.

Both guys suck but for what its worth coulter atleast got some wins over guys with winning records

His last win was against Jack May (9-3)

His last win was against Jack May (9-3)
Yeah but that was a tko due to injury, I watched it some time ago but he didnt look good for the short time it lasted

Rule number one, if you're aiming to become a successful bettor, is to ALWAYS find the best price available. For gods sake, how did you even manage to get such a shit price on Masvidal? You're literally throwing a huge chunk of money in the thrash can.

Ok. Let me eloborate on your comment. First, betting for me is a way to get cheap thrill, not my primary way of making money, therefore I mostly bet in-play (live betting). I am using Bet365 for it, and i am aware that the odds I got are one of the shittiest. However, I am not going to open 5 different accounts just to get a fraction better odds (it is just not worth it). Highest odds on other sites were about 1.8, maybe 1.9.

However, if you consider that i have placed a losing bet, what difference does it make what were the odds and return if I am going to lose? See, the way i see betting, i am paying for my belief in who will win and expect a reward if i am right. I am not going to pick a fight based on the value alone. If that were the case, the whole stylistic match-up and everything else is meaningless, since if chances are 50/50 then according to the betting logic you should always bet the higher odds.

Even if I threw money in the trash, i did it believing Masvidal would win. I would hate to lose when betting Maia due to higher odds, while deep inside believing that Masvidal was the choice for me.

In a better spot now than he has been in awhile. Seems to have found the fire a bit again. He won the first fight even when he was going through his shitty performances. He's faster. He has the TDD. He showed in the first fight he could even take Stipe down. Coaches are also talking about grappling maybe.

Stipe has done great lately but is getting tagged a lot still.

Could not have said it better myself. I only played the JDS KO/TKO prop here because it was at that insane +337 price (currently +204 LOL). But I'm big on it as far as props go. It made zero sense. Overeem was EXTREMELY close to finishing Stipe. And the only fight I can't remember Stipe getting tagged hard in was the Hunt fight, and even in that one he got clipped a couple times iirc. Stipe is a terrific offensive boxer for a HW. He puts his punches together really well and has (like most HW's) good pop. But there's defensive holes too. He doesn't use great head movement. He sometimes drops his left hand too low when he throws his straight right hand. He gets a little reckless at times when he's closing distance and trying to apply pressure. And Stipe WILL try to apply pressure. JDS is the crisper fighter in open space. He has better footwork, uses his jab better to gauge distance, and is more accurate with both straight and looping punches at range. Stipe is at his best offensively when he's backing his opponent against the cage and throwing combos. But again, there's times he does it where he leaves himself exposed to counters and I think there's at least a solid chance JDS catches him with something big at some point.

he didn't get KOd by a middleweight, It was an early stoppage.

Early stoppage or not dropped by a mw and it wasnt looking good. Betting on fights like this is why most people are not successful bettors

Early stoppage or not dropped by a mw and it wasnt looking good. Betting on fights like this is why most people are not successful bettors

It's a risky fight in which you can't be very confident on either side. In fight likes this and low level WMMA fights, 1U is the max play for me. You don't have to be condescending...

What it comes down to for me is that both fighters are likely to take some punishment here and I trust JDS to be able to take it better. My guess is that when he tags Miocic, Miocic looks for desperate takedowns from way out which will not look good. Basically, I think when JDS gets hit he absorbs better and plays it off better than Miocic. Of course either could go lights out too.

the jds that fought reem didnt look like he was wiling to absorb any punishment.

Ok. Let me eloborate on your comment. First, betting for me is a way to get cheap thrill, not my primary way of making money, therefore I mostly bet in-play (live betting). I am using Bet365 for it, and i am aware that the odds I got are one of the shittiest. However, I am not going to open 5 different accounts just to get a fraction better odds (it is just not worth it). Highest odds on other sites were about 1.8, maybe 1.9.

However, if you consider that i have placed a losing bet, what difference does it make what were the odds and return if I am going to lose? See, the way i see betting, i am paying for my belief in who will win and expect a reward if i am right. I am not going to pick a fight based on the value alone. If that were the case, the whole stylistic match-up and everything else is meaningless, since if chances are 50/50 then according to the betting logic you should always bet the higher odds.

Even if I threw money in the trash, i did it believing Masvidal would win. I would hate to lose when betting Maia due to higher odds, while deep inside believing that Masvidal was the choice for me.
It's all good, just trying to help. I just find it weird when people "bet for fun and excitement", but still do research (like you obviously do judging by you posting/reading here), and then just throw it all away.

"Fraction better odds"? Dude, Masvidal is 1.87 at Pinnacle, and that seems to be around average. That's 10% higher. For reference, it would be easy to turn 1000$ into seven figures in a year if you were given a permanent 10% odds boost.

It's all good, just trying to help. I just find it weird when people "bet for fun and excitement", but still do research (like you obviously do judging by you posting/reading here), and then just throw it all away.

"Fraction better odds"? Dude, Masvidal is 1.87 at Pinnacle, and that seems to be around average. That's 10% higher. For reference, it would be easy to turn 1000$ into seven figures in a year if you were given a permanent 10% odds boost.

Let me ask you directly. Do you think that Masvidal has no chance in this fight?

Just watched what little tape there is on coulter. Betting on this fight is literally like playing black or red. Pass
I hear you, but when great majority of people capable of forming an educated opinion are picking red, there might be something I'm missing.

At first I was disappointed, that Branch had a bit of an aggressive attitude in face off. I have watched very little of tape on him, but I have an impression, that his style would benefit from a cool head. He might burn out very fast like Brooks did, if he comes in with a champion attitude. Could serve him well in this fight though, if it comes down to clinch work.
Branch has great cardio. He's went 5 rounds a few times. I'm on jotko but this is a winnable fight for him. I think it's going the distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back