UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna make Stipe my biggest bet, but then some forum fellow called me a degenerate for that. I took no offense, but changed my mind. Having reviewed all of the predictions and analysis on the web, I am inclined to believe that Masvidal will keep it standing and make Maia look like a fool. I mean if it does not hit the ground, what is Maia going to do? After all Matt Brown lasted 3 rounds, but he is a brawler, Mas will turn lights out for Maia should the fight remain standing for 3 rounds. To top it off Dana White chickened out to bet $200 000 against Mas. (that is just a fun fact, nothing to do with the actual fight or the result of it). All Mas has to do is keep the fight standing. Accumulation of punches will make Maia gas, he is cutting weight too, so it is not like he is going to be Energizer bunny in the cage.

Win or lose, it is going to be easy money for me.

I think you have just convinced me. Thanks for that. Good luck and for what it's worth put some of those winnings on Miocic. Look at the guys price. He's my second biggest bet behind Alvarez.

Just so people don't think i am bull shitting here is a picture of my bets:

kb28h2.jpg
[/IMG]
kb28h2.jpg

I think you have just convinced me. Thanks for that. Good luck and for what it's worth put some of those winnings on Miocic. Look at the guys price. He's my second biggest bet behind Alvarez.

Don't blame me for being a degenerate with Mas. :) Good luck to you too. I am going to put some bets on Stipe come fight time. Waiting for money to come in on JDS.

Maia/Edgar/Alvarez parlay
BHg3ieP.gif

I know Eddie got dismantled in the last fight but geez it was against Conor & Poirier won a decent decision against Miller and got flatlined by MJ two fights ago. I guess I'm not seeing what some of you are seeing, I feel it's Eddie by decision. As much as I want Yair to flying spinning shit Frankie, I don't see that happening either...29-28 Frankie. Biggest toss up in this is Maia IMO but I still think he'll choke out Masvidal. I feel like Maia's being even more undervalued after Jacare got finished taking a fight he didn't need to take and a lot of people think Maia will end the same...I don't know I just can't imagine these 3 losing tomorrow night! Also think Branch is another solid pick...maybe Aguilar?

Who we picking as the safest three fighters to win here lads?

Alvarez as a dog is insane value, but that main card is a total mess

I'm on Eddie and Masvidal too, LET'S GOO
bandera-de-espana-imagen-animada-0012.gif
bandera-de-australia-imagen-animada-0015.gif

Sorry but winning on mma is not just down to value or even the perfect breakdown. There is an upset probably 1:4

The best way of winning is reading a fight in play and . I can't have that luxury being in Australia. So however you do it all that matters is winning and being up.....

Not sure how Sherdog reacts to patriotism, but it's nice to see someone else here repping ANZAC.

At the same time, because you're an Australian, get fucked cunt

Sherman vs Coulter move to the FX portion? Guess I'll have some time to relax then with Benitez/Barzola and Casey/Aguilar back to back since those are the only two fights I don't have bets on

... you're telling me you don't intentionally bet on low level women's fights just to make them become watchable?

adding more to branch +140. this line is just off. it is. i actually cap branch as a small favorite here. but even if it's a coinflip, +140 is very solid value.

this is gonna have a LOT of clinching, and i think branch is the stronger dude. this fight means more to him than it does to jotko. i try to avoid mental drive (who wants it more etc) but i think it's gotta be true here. it could add some unnecessary(unfavorable) pressure to branch, but i think this is almost like a titleshot for branch.. it's a validation fight that the years he's done great outside of the UFC were proof of something.

idk. that might be a reach. i get that.

i still say +140 is a darn good play. no way jotko deserves to be this big of a favorite.
At first I was disappointed, that Branch had a bit of an aggressive attitude in face off. I have watched very little of tape on him, but I have an impression, that his style would benefit from a cool head. He might burn out very fast like Brooks did, if he comes in with a champion attitude. Could serve him well in this fight though, if it comes down to clinch work.

Just so people don't think i am bull shitting here is a picture of my bets:

kb28h2.jpg
[/IMG]
kb28h2.jpg
Rule number one, if you're aiming to become a successful bettor, is to ALWAYS find the best price available. For gods sake, how did you even manage to get such a shit price on Masvidal? You're literally throwing a huge chunk of money in the thrash can.

Looking at shermans record I cant find a single real win over an opponent with a winning record, he did have a win over a guy that was 1-1 at the time and currently 1-2

Looking at shermans record I cant find a single real win over an opponent with a winning record, he did have a win over a guy that was 1-1 at the time and currently 1-2

Lol and people are betting on this fight

Coulter and Sherman are can beaters, but Coulter is 35 years old, comes in on short notice, looks soft, he is undersized...
Sherman has lost his last 2 fights, but he has shown great heart and an amazing chin, I'm not confident, but I have to go with Sherman.

First I thought this is an obvious pass, but got caught on hype and have now 0.5u on Sherman at 1.97. Bloody Elbow staff picks had it 10-0 for Sherman and over here everyone seems to think the same.

Any JDS backers want to give their analysis/breakdown of why they're going with him? JDS really stayed in that first fight on durability alone in the first 2 rounds and later in the 5th. Don't know if I like the odds of him starting faster to avoid that or doing that again.

What it comes down to for me is that both fighters are likely to take some punishment here and I trust JDS to be able to take it better. My guess is that when he tags Miocic, Miocic looks for desperate takedowns from way out which will not look good. Basically, I think when JDS gets hit he absorbs better and plays it off better than Miocic. Of course either could go lights out too.

First I thought this is an obvious pass, but got caught on hype and have now 0.5u on Sherman at 1.97. Bloody Elbow staff picks had it 10-0 for Sherman and over here everyone seems to think the same.

Bloodyelbow are terrible and have unanimously picked someone on countless occasions only for them to lose

Having said that didnt realise this was now a pick em. What tape we got on coulter?

Coulter and Sherman are can beaters, but Coulter is 35 years old, comes in on short notice, looks soft, he is undersized...
Sherman has lost his last 2 fights, but he has shown great heart and an amazing chin, I'm not confident, but I have to go with Sherman.
Both guys taking it on short notice but coulter actually had an extra week or so as he was preparing for another fight.

Both guys suck but for what its worth coulter atleast got some wins over guys with winning records

Wow its a good thing Brendan Schaub does not post on THIS bet forum or he would be called almost every name in the book and belittled viciously for any ONE only of these statements/suggestions he recently made regarding the Andrade vs JJ title dust up.
" "
Bloody beat down
Joanna could win this blindfolded
Blood fest
Andrade will need face surgery
Joanna by murder

He did say it will go to a dec. and also JJ could be caught and finished, but with little conviction.

Brendan stay away from here whatever you do. Out in public and every place else 75-80% your ok, but not here in this parallel universe thread regarding this title fight.

Last edited:
Bloodyelbow are terrible and have unanimously picked someone on countless occasions only for them to lose
Yeah, I don't trust it that much and did only 0.5u. I think it's good to bet on this kind of info as a beginner. Getting slightly burned once or twice is a good reminder. Or maybe this is just the right way for me to bet pick'em fights with no personal leanings. Who knows. Gotta try to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back