UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is, hope you do better in the future.
"It is what it is, hope I do better in the future"

I fixed your sentence for you. Once your a good boy I will bless you with my underdog pick. Keep grinding my friend, the losing streak will be broken soon. Happens to us all.

I post all my plays in the non MMA thread. Doing pretty well if I do say so myself
Same here, I saw it the other day. I mostly do live betting for NBA, and quarter ML's when I see a team down to get those + odds. Had good success. Made $600 plus this week along, hit the Cavs for +850 when they were down big to the Pacers only to come back, plus many others. Pissed I missed the +235 for Boston for the Boston/CHI series when they were down 0-2.

"It is what it is, hope I do better in the future"

I fixed your sentence for you. Once your a good boy I will bless you with my underdog pick. Keep grinding my friend, the losing streak will be broken soon. Happens to us all.
LOL stop being a jealous hater, instead of posting your own plays and getting some #respect for yourself, you lie and try to undermine my success smh. Losing streak? I've never even been on a losing streak, I haven't lost back to back events in over six months, I rarely take L's at all. But you're known for being a rook bettor that takes L's

You're really going overboard here. Maia isn't athletic if we're using the consensus definition of athletic. I'd bet money that my vertical is higher than his and I'm not close to being an elite athlete. Technique and skill doesn't apply to pure athleticism, which is what he's obviously referring to

Maybe. I guess I just don't fully buy into the fact there's a "consensus" definition. Jon Jones being a great example. When I was at my athletic peak I'm quite sure I'd blow Jones away in the 40 and my vertical would have been way way better than his. But he's still a far better athlete than I ever was.

Also I will admit from an explosiveness standpoint @MMA Gambling Expert probably has a point with Maia. That is only part of athleticism imo but I agree he's not explosive at his age. That said, go watch his throw of Chael in their fight. That is some big time fast twitch stuff coupled with awesome technique.

But yeah he probably isn't capable of that anymore.

lmfao @ this athleticism talk still going on.

Athleticism will have NOTHING to do with Maia vs Mas. lol @ making a convo out of it like Mas is some world class athlete

Andrade NSC at -195 still may have value

fuck me for not hitting it at the opener of -117 lolprice

Hit it for 2u at -135, should've went larger, but was already heavy on her ML.

Fucking Christ all my dogs are gone I never have the balls to pull the trigger early, gotta wait till weigh ins until I start lumping money around

Can we stop this Olympic athlete masvidal talk for a minute and discuss the decent sized underdog that is sergio pettis?
Are people really that convinced on Henry..? I know he arguably beat Joe but all his other fights for me stunk of average
Pettis hasn't impressed me much either but the price on him is making me itchy I'm sure he could steal a couple rounds

Maybe. I guess I just don't fully buy into the fact there's a "consensus" definition. Jon Jones being a great example. When I was at my athletic peak I'm quite sure I'd blow Jones away in the 40 and my vertical would have been way way better than his. But he's still a far better athlete than I ever was.
But you also have to realize that Jon Jones prob doesn't practice running 40s or testing his vertical because it's not really applicable to his sport. I bet you that he would make great strides in how he tests if he were to dedicate time and effort to it. Look at how strong he got during that power lifting phase he went through. He's definitely got the genetics, his two other brothers are in the NFL lol

Fucking Christ all my dogs are gone I never have the balls to pull the trigger early, gotta wait till weigh ins until I start lumping money around

Can we stop this Olympic athlete masvidal talk for a minute and discuss the decent sized underdog that is sergio pettis?
Are people really that convinced on Henry..? I know he arguably beat Joe but all his other fights for me stunk of average
Pettis hasn't impressed me much either but the price on him is making me itchy I'm sure he could steal a couple rounds

On Pettis dec +525 for .5u. Henry did look much better against JB and could very well be putting it all together, but I agree besides that fight he hasn't looked impressive. His wrestling has been overrated due to accolades and Pettis has a 5-inch reach advantage. That said, Pettis's fight iq is definitely lacking and he may not have the power to keep Cejudo off of him. He is 23 and improving daily though, so at +525 I will take a shot that judges award him 2/3 if he can keep the fight standing as I expect him to land the cleaner shots.

On Pettis dec +525 for .5u. Henry did look much better against JB and could very well be putting it all together, but I agree besides that fight he hasn't looked impressive. His wrestling has been overrated due to accolades and Pettis has a 5-inch reach advantage. That said, Pettis's fight iq is definitely lacking and he may not have the power to keep Cejudo off of him. He is 23 and improving daily though, so at +525 I will take a shot that judges award him 2/3 if he can keep the fight standing as I expect him to land the cleaner shots.

At any point call me a daft cunt

I could see pettis catching a choke on old Henry

Fuck it I said it

The price is definitely worth a shot. But you can also make the argument that Cejudo is getting better with each and every fight. He may not be a young 23 years old but he's relatively new to MMA. He's an upper tier athlete and he arguably beat the consensus #2 guy in the division in his last fight.

The price is definitely worth a shot. But you can also make the argument that Cejudo is getting better with each and every fight. He may not be a young 23 years old but he's relatively new to MMA. He's an upper tier athlete and he arguably beat the consensus #2 guy in the division in his last fight.

I agree. I did think JB edged him, but yes definitely an improved cejudo in that fight. I favor Cejudo, but -380 is pretty wide imo. I am a fan of the Pettis bros as well, so I could be slightly biased, even if I am trying to look at the fight objectively. Either way I am not a fan of laying heavy juice on a guy who rarely finishes and has been in so many close fights in his career. To add to that, who the fuck knows what judges are looking for as the transition to the new rules is still seemingly in flux. Would hate to get burned on a close fight laying that much juice.

Cejudo did give this guy the business, for what it's worth:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Miguelito-Marti-134475

Last edited:
Anyone have a good idea of when to expect the undercard odds?

But you also have to realize that Jon Jones prob doesn't practice running 40s or testing his vertical because it's not really applicable to his sport. I bet you that he would make great strides in how he tests if he were to dedicate time and effort to it. Look at how strong he got during that power lifting phase he went through. He's definitely got the genetics, his two other brothers are in the NFL lol

Fair point for sure. But then we don't actually know for sure about Maia either as I'd imagine he focused his training on only things that aid in his grappling.

I agree. I did think JB edged him, but yes definitely an improved cejudo in that fight. I favor Cejudo, but -380 is pretty wide imo. I am a fan of the Pettis bros as well, so I could be slightly biased, even if I am trying to look at the fight objectively. Either way I am not a fan of laying heavy juice on a guy who rarely finishes and has been in so many close fights in his career. To add to that, who the fuck knows what judges are looking for as the transition to the new rules is still seemingly in flux. Would hate to get burned on a close fight laying that much juice.

Cejudo did give this guy the business, for what it's worth:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Miguelito-Marti-134475
Jesus. At what point do you say to yourself that MMA is probably not for you...

IMO the biggest hole in your comparison is that TJ is not JJ. JJ has beautiful technical striking but she lacks the footwork to deal with heavy pressure without getting stuck against the fence. TJ had that.

Jj movement isnt great has that thai fighter footwotk. Id argue angela hill moves better albeit clearly no where near jj's level total package wise.

Hang on now...I understand that most of you don't like JJ here but you cannot be critical of her footwork. Say she doesn't have power, say she doesn't have a ground game but don't be critical of her footwork. She stands in the pocket because she chooses but watch her fights more carefully. She takes angles when she needs to and makes it look easy.

Angela Hill just moves a lot...that doesn't give her great footwork.

I expect JJ's footwork to look really good coming out of a full camp at ATT. She knows she can't fight this as a dutch style fight of in and out.

Sergio is a decent fighter but man for someone with that many ufc fights he aint half had it easy and hes still blown fights and made others a lot closer than they should be. I have still seen a serious lack of fight iq up to his most recent fight you would have expected him to have that in order 8 fights or so into his ufc career.

Hang on now...I understand that most of you don't like JJ here but you cannot be critical of her footwork. Say she doesn't have power, say she doesn't have a ground game but don't be critical of her footwork. She stands in the pocket because she chooses but watch her fights more carefully. She takes angles when she needs to and makes it look easy.

Angela Hill just moves a lot...that doesn't give her great footwork.

I expect JJ's footwork to look really good coming out of a full camp at ATT. She knows she can't fight this as a dutch style fight of in and out.

She gets pressed against the fence way too easy for me to rave about her footwork. Kk and claudia had her pinned against the fence A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back