UFC 215 - Johnson vs. Borg - Alberta, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked good vs AES who is a complete bum, but her wrestling isn't gonna take the leaps to get to McMann's wrestling. There is no way her defensive wrestling is leagues above her offensive wrestling, and her offensive wrestling technique is pretty scrub level. All strength, no technique. Thats not gonna work here, not even once. Idk what to make of thinking Veira will have stand up edge too. McMann's hands are getting sharper, her footwork is OK.

Idk i'm only half way through tape watch on this fight cause its fucking dreadful, but seems like a solid chance McMann is better in every way. Not gonna touch a price like +180 ever when that seems probable.

Not even at +250?

Mcmann is going to buzzsaw that scrub veira. Only reason she won her last fight is because she's a big goon

Mcmann is at alpha male now and has finished her last two fights.

I bet the under at +205 as well as mcmann ml

Last edited:
She looked good vs AES who is a complete bum, but her wrestling isn't gonna take the leaps to get to McMann's wrestling. There is no way her defensive wrestling is leagues above her offensive wrestling, and her offensive wrestling technique is pretty scrub level. All strength, no technique. Thats not gonna work here, not even once. Idk what to make of thinking Veira will have stand up edge too. McMann's hands are getting sharper, her footwork is OK.

Idk i'm only half way through tape watch on this fight cause its fucking dreadful, but seems like a solid chance McMann is better in every way. Not gonna touch a price like +180 ever when that seems probable.

she trained judo and bjj since she was 12 black belt in judo and brown belt in bjj did some wrestling too.. its unknown but she could very well have amazing tdd with those credentials and she have the height and reach advantage on the feet.. i think the best thing to do is wait on livebet and bet Veira if she is stuffing the td's early on

McMann's standup is terrible she has a good right hand that's it, and she goes into panic mode if she's being hit.

Mcmann is -275?

Guess I'm going large on this card

Schevy tko up to +709

the sub on Pena was flukey and I think it's more likely she gets the tko

Fuck I thought +644 was juicy and would get bet down a bit

Mcmann is going to buzzsaw that scrub veira. Only reason she one her last fight is because she's a big goon

Mcmann is at alpha male now and has finished her last two fights.

I bet the under at +205 as well as mcmann ml

Finished a complete bum last fight and fight before that the corpse of Davis.

Not even at +250?
Damn wtf is that where shes at now?!

Thats a price where i'd just pass, rather than throwing McMann in my round robin which is what i'm leaning on doing at the price of -245 she was at last night.

she trained judo and bjj since she was 12 black belt in judo and brown belt in bjj did some wrestling too.. its unknown but she could very well have amazing tdd with those credentials and she have the height and reach advantage on the feet.. i think the best thing to do is wait on livebet and bet Veira if she is stuffing the td's early on
Fuck Judo, it will never be anywhere near as effective as wrestling. I'm sure that will help her with stabilizing her core on defending those tds, but seriously there is no technique in her offensive grappling on tape. Its just hard to imagine she is going to stuff every McMann td when Sara is super legit. This talk of Ketlen MIGHT have good tdd, unfortunately we are stuck assuming here, but based on what i've seen I much more favor that her tdd MIGHT be complete shit.

McMann's standup is terrible she has a good right hand that's it, and she goes into panic mode if she's being hit.
Really the only fight left I need to rewatch for this bout is the Davis fight so will back out of arguing Sara's stand up til then. Going off memory just remember her looking much improved and setting up a lot of clean rights with decent footwork.

Damn wtf is that where shes at now?!

Thats a price where i'd just pass, rather than throwing McMann in my round robin which is what i'm leaning on doing at the price of -245 she was at last night.

Fuck Judo, it will never be anywhere near as effective as wrestling. I'm sure that will help her with stabilizing her core on defending those tds, but seriously there is no technique in her offensive grappling on tape. Its just hard to imagine she is going to stuff every McMann td when Sara is super legit. This talk of Ketlen MIGHT have good tdd, unfortunately we are stuck assuming here, but based on what i've seen I much more favor that her tdd MIGHT be complete shit.

Really the only fight left I need to rewatch for this bout is the Davis fight so will back out of arguing Sara's stand up til then. Going off memory just remember her looking much improved and setting up a lot of clean rights with decent footwork.

She is at the +230 / +240 range, her odds will probably get better than +250.

i think 6'1 is pretty accurate here he is next to Cormier hwo is 5'11

Hard to say, as those pictures are with shoes on.

He's no more than 6'0, I believe he's closer to 5'11.
Olympic website had him at 180 cm (5'11)
Regardless, he's very undersized.

12079950_10156154545245273_8403533675306305291_o.jpg

HK51_Catala_Bhullar-37.jpg

Hard to say, as those pictures are with shoes on.

He's no more than 6'0, I believe he's closer to 5'11.
Olympic website had him at 180 cm (5'11)
Regardless, he's very undersized.

12079950_10156154545245273_8403533675306305291_o.jpg

HK51_Catala_Bhullar-37.jpg

its obvious he is quite a bit taller then Cormier hwo is 5'11 in the second pick both are wearing wrestling shoes.. anyway here is another one with bare feet

its obvious he is quite a bit taller then Cormier hwo is 5'11 in the second pick both are wearing wrestling shoes.. anyway here is another one with bare feet

Cormier is not 5'11 and in the picture you posted he's smaller than Cain (6'1).

upload_2017-9-6_13-29-17.png

I've seen him fight once in real life and can confirm he is not big.

Done talking about it.

Am I missing something here

I'm getting Alex White at decent value...
And I expected him to be a massive favourite
(Only just got odds in the U.K.)

Fully expected him to be parlay fodder... thoughts?
Mitch is awful

Im curious as to why people think Shev will get the win here. Sure she was coming back in the later rounds but amanda being a + underdog seems very silly. Thoughts?

Kajan Johnson has 5 fights in 6 years including TUF. He's coming off a two year lay off. Labrum/rotator cuff surgery and opening his own gym kept him on sidelines. He is self taught has no instructor and trains with a bunch of unknown guys who are basically his pupils. If you include his submission to strikes losses and a random amateur fight he had even though he had fought pro a bunch, hes been stopped by strikes 8 times. His two most recent losses he was one punched ko'd. Laprise aside his UFC opponents hold a combined UFC record of 2-11. Martins' volume is a slight concern, but aside from that Martins holds every advantage i can think of.
Fun fact: Kajan Johnson won a decision vs. Lipeng "the warrior" Zhang @UFN66 in may 2015. Zhang moved to 9-9-1 after the loss and is now 25-9-1 (pretty much all in China, but still impressive).

Im curious as to why people think Shev will get the win here. Sure she was coming back in the later rounds but amanda being a + underdog seems very silly. Thoughts?

I think you basically answered your own question. The first fight was only a 3 rounder, what do you think would've happened had there been 2 more rounds?

Fun fact: Kajan Johnson won a decision vs. Lipeng "the warrior" Zhang @UFN66 in may 2015. Zhang moved to 9-9-1 after the loss and is now 25-9-1 (pretty much all in China, but still impressive).

Ok to be fair Johnson beat Zhang who beat 42yo Hermes Franca who beat Nate Diaz who beat Conor. So Martins might get smacked

Am I missing something here

I'm getting Alex White at decent value...
And I expected him to be a massive favourite
(Only just got odds in the U.K.)

Fully expected him to be parlay fodder... thoughts?
Mitch is awful

i favor White but dont know about this price let alone parlay fodder.. White's tdd is pretty poor and he is easy to control on the cage two things Mitch will be looking to exploit all fight long

Better cardio
Better defense
Better striking in every aspect except power.
Better in clinch

Nunes will have to take this to the ground and finish schev early. I think that's her most likely chance to get a stoppage.

Nunes will probably try to knock her head off early, realize that her striking isn't as good as she thought it was and start shooting for take downs. If she can't get a finish she's gong to gas and bullet will finish her off

I think it's pretty much a coinflip fight but will for sure take Nunes at even money, expecting her to look like a beast in the first round as usual and livebet Shevchenko at better odds depending on how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back