UFC 215 - Johnson vs. Borg - Alberta, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
man people pouncing on tucker, glenn from +150 to +110 now up to +165 again

tucker is smaller, hasn't fought anyone of note, has never fought outside of his hometown.. i don't get it

adding some more on glenn +165

Wow, it's a fucking wrap for me on 5dimes now. Just got hit with another limit and this one is painful. Limited to $12.5 on ML and $5 on o/u openers

man people pouncing on tucker, glenn from +150 to +110 now up to +165 again

tucker is smaller, hasn't fought anyone of note, has never fought outside of his hometown.. i don't get it

adding some more on glenn +165

He did look pretty great in his debut tbh.

Wow, it's a fucking wrap for me on 5dimes now. Just got hit with another limit and this one is painful. Limited to $12.5 on ML and $5 on o/u openers

f'ing ridiculous

Oh sweet Jesus this makes me nervous. Whats funny is 5d seemingly just upped my limit on general props back to $100 for no apparent reason lol

But yeah i'm guessing mainly betting on bookmaker now for you? My time to go back there is coming, not excited about it

against someone his own size who has been cut from ufc after 3 losses right?

Very true and I agree with your points from above too, but he should have a substantial speed advantage and seems to have really nice footwork. I see Glenn moving forward and swinging at air most of the night while getting countered.

Hit Tucker -155 as I think he gets bet up to -250 or so.

Very true and I agree with your points from above too, but he should have a substantial speed advantage and seems to have really nice footwork. I see Glenn moving forward and swinging at air most of the night while getting countered.

Hit Tucker -155 as I think he gets bet up to -250 or so.

fair, understood

Oh sweet Jesus this makes me nervous. Whats funny is 5d seemingly just upped my limit on general props back to $100 for no apparent reason lol

But yeah i'm guessing mainly betting on bookmaker now for you? My time to go back there is coming, not excited about it
Yeah, unfortunately gonna have to roll with BM and BOL for now...

hmm think i will be on Pedro here.. Pedro 10 years younger and will have a massive height and reach advantage

Something I wonder about on this forum; why the heck do most people have 10+ bets per event? I'm betting for 10 years now and the main thing I learned: the biggest advantage over a bookie is that you don't have to do anything while a bookie (in order to be competitive) has to offer almost everything. In other words; bookies will make mistakes with odds etc, but it won't be 10+ per event (i guess). So isn't it more profitable to bet a few things per event?

(i can imagine this is the wrong thread, but the last 10 posts made me write this. Lines are up and everybody is pounding bets)

hmm think i will be on Pedro here.. Pedro 10 years younger and will have a massive height and reach advantage

he is vulnerable on the feet, tho.. paul craig fight doesn't count! latifi super hard to take down and sub etc, you gotta ko that ball of muscle i think

against someone his own size who has been cut from ufc after 3 losses right?

Sure but Glenn also wen't to a close split decision with Nover and if he lost that then he could have been cut too. I think Tucker is going to be too quick for him.

Something I wonder about on this forum; why the heck do most people have 10+ bets per event? I'm betting for 10 years now and the main thing I learned: the biggest advantage over a bookie is that you don't have to do anything while a bookie (in order to be competitive) has to offer almost everything. In other words; bookies will make mistakes with odds etc, but it won't be 10+ per event (i guess). So isn't it more profitable to bet a few things per event?

(i can imagine this is the wrong thread, but the last 10 posts made me write this. Lines are up and everybody is pounding bets)

for me it's about bet sizing. i may bet every ufc fight but if i'm more confident in the value of any single fight / angle, i bet bigger.

also, when you're suuuuper into it, you CAN see value in a ton of spots. and "every hurt is a lesson" that can lead to future successes, i find, personally.

he is vulnerable on the feet, tho.. paul craig fight doesn't count! latifi super hard to take down and sub etc, you gotta ko that ball of muscle i think

i think he can possibly outpoint or ko him on the feet.. will be tough for latifi to land with a 6" reach and massive height disadvantage

i think he can possibly outpoint or ko him on the feet.. will be tough for latifi to land with a 6" reach and massive height disadvantage

Sure it's possible, but that's a big ask of Pedro.. he's never done that to anyone.. never been deep..

Sure it's possible, but that's a big ask of Pedro.. he's never done that to anyone.. never been deep..

at 25 pedro is still pretty green and probably progressing from camp to camp. he's got all the physical attributes to be a top lhw, but it's unclear where he's at right now.

we know where latifi is at, and at 34 he's probably not getting better. i've never thought he was that good, just insanely powerful.

i think the question marks with pedro are worth the gamble at + odds. i would ideally like +150 though.

Sorry to hear that. One thing that I think helps me is I take bets from some of my friends to bet NFL and golf. Most of these bets lose so it helps my overall profile from 5d point of view. Just an idea for some of the other guys in here. If you can take some bets from friends it helps you look like more of an average degen bettor than an MMA sharp.

It also helps that I am only a slight winner on 5d and not crushing them....yet.

PS. Another idea to expand on is making bets with friends and then hedging online with 5d. even if you take on overall small loss it helps your profile with 5d. For example I bet ML with my friend on Mayweather and then hedged online with Conor to take a loss on 5d.. It seems we can't just slaughter 5d non-stop and expect to get away with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back