UFC 215 - Johnson vs. Borg - Alberta, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shev is legit and improving every fight. Nunes fades every fight but some don't remember because she knocked out 2 girls with big names but little striking skill.

Shev has tons of heart and I would not bet against her finishing nunes early. I just see her with advantages across the board except power in the first.

It's mma so anything can happen, but this was a fight I was looking forward to for a good while now.

I think Borg is the weakest opponent that DJ has fought in a very long time (maybe except Cariaso). Borg has gotten by with good grappling against lesser opponents but he is just way to one dimensional for DJ and everything that Borg is good at, DJ does way better.
Add to this that Borg has to cut that extra pound to make championship weight, and he already struggles to make 126.

I'd be surprised if DJ can't finish Borg so I really like that U4.5 at around evens which pays better than DJ ITD. How on earth is Borg gonna hang with DJ on the feet?

Fun fact: Kajan Johnson won a decision vs. Lipeng "the warrior" Zhang @UFN66 in may 2015. Zhang moved to 9-9-1 after the loss and is now 25-9-1 (pretty much all in China, but still impressive).

yea i crack up anytime i go to zhang's fightfinder page

Latifi has a terrible habit of always looking for underhooks when guys close distance on him which got him KTFO by Bader. Besides that weakness idk if there's much that Pedro can exploit here. He has the reach, he uses oblique kicks but not really a jab.
Latifi closes distance pretty quick for a guy his size and when he throws I dont see Pedro getting out of the way. It doesn't seem like he know how to block punches properly he kinda flails with with his arms when you throw at him.
I dont see Pedro having much success at all in the clinch considering how good of a wrestler Latifi is.

I usually dont love betting guys coming off a brutal KO but Latifi took a whole year off which is good.

Gavin Tucker (10-0 MMA; 1-0 UFC)
-66" reach
-training at Titans MMA in Canada, he's pretty much the only known guy from there
-did not study a lot of the fights before UFC, pretty much he destroyed bums
-may have done some rounds at Tristar as well according to his instagram
-Purple Belt in BJJ - 3 years ago, may have changed
-Muay Thai background (he travelled to Thailand to study it at early age)
-Good footwork
-Nice leg kicks

vs Sam Sicilia (15-8 MMA; 5-7 UFC) (W - DEC)
-1" reach disadvantage for Tucker
-R1 dominated by Tucker via movement and leg kicks.
-R2 pretty much the same, Sicilia getting worked from the outside
-R3 - Sicilia clipped Tucker and did better by trying to take the fight closer, a brawl. Tucker got a TD but no action from it. Close R3
-Tucker definetely slowed in R3 and became hittable, but so did Sicilia.
-Worth mentioning, Tucker loves working at distance, does not seem to like getting in the clinch.

Rick Glenn (19-4-1 MMA; 1-1 UFC)
-70" reach
-BJJ Brown Belt
-Training at Team Alpha Male
-Decent competition before UFC, was champion in WSOF.
-Tough guy, good at eating shots

vs Evan Dunham (18-6 MMA; 11-6 UFC) (L - DEC)
-1.5" reach disadvantage for Glenn
-R1 : Dunham better in the pocket, also got a TD, almost finished Glenn via RNC, prob 10-8 round for Dunham with the rules from now.
-R2 : Glenn started gasing, Dunham got some TDs, again round dominated by Dunham
-R3 pretty much a brawl, guys going at it, Dunham more on point with the strikes, close to be finished Glenn.
-Glenn seemed very hittable and Dunham is not the best striker in the game
-Glenn slowing a LOT in the later rounds.
-Worth mentioning, Glenn took the fight with a late notice.

vs Philippe Nover (11-8 MMA; 1-4 UFC) (W - Split DEC)
-1.5" reach disadvantage for Glenn
-R1 pretty boring, probably edged by Nover via some nice head kicks, Nover cut around his left eye
-R2 pretty bland as well, probably edged by Glenn via octagon control
-R3 - Nover slowing down, Glenn taking octagon control via clinch work. He grinded out this round.

////////////////////////////
TLDR / Conclusions

-Tucker will come with a 4" reach disadvantage. However, I do not think this will affect him a lot, as he like to strike from the outside and Glenn does not seem to be great at using his reach.
-Glenn was pretty easy to hit in both of his UFC fights and his strikes do not seem to be very precise, nor very fast. From tape, Tucker seems to be a faster version of Phillipe Nover with better striking, especially leg kicks.
-Glenn may be swinking for air the whole fight and try to get Tucker down on the mat. Tucker's TDD hasn't really been tested so far so that's a decent question mark.
-Striking wise, I think Tucker will dominate the fight, his only worry could be him being taken down by Glenn.
-I thought I might pull the trigger on Glenn as a dog, I don't see so much chance for him in this fight.

My play for this fight will be 3u on over 2.5 rounds @ 1.48/-210 and will look to play Tucker via DEC as well when props come out. Also, if I can get his ML up to 1.50/-200, I'll put some units on Tucker.

To touch on above from watching pre ufc fights glenn has shitty top control. Glenn made dunham look like sugar ray leonard. Hes stiff as a board and so fuckin hittable

I already went on record saying i LOVE RDA -190 but now im considering adding some more on the -3.5 +155 line. Can someone talk me out of it?

Latifi @ 2.05 at Ladbrokes.
Pedro @ 2.11 at Marathon. Easy freeroll / great odds for Latifi

Dunham/Glenn was at LW with Glenn on short notice. I also think Dunham is underrated. Dunham made Lauzon look really bad right before that.

tucker's speed, footwork and angles are going to give rick glenn an epileptic fit.

Latifi @ 2.05 at Ladbrokes.
Pedro @ 2.11 at Marathon. Easy freeroll / great odds for Latifi

Gonna have to lay out some serious units to yield a worthwhile return...

I imagine I'd be limited pretty quick going from betting 1-2u a fight to hitting 20u on 1?

Dunham/Glenn was at LW with Glenn on short notice. I also think Dunham is underrated. Dunham made Lauzon look really bad right before that.

Agree. Dunham is possibly the most underrated LW right now since he reached sorta gatekeeper status. I'm interested to see how Tucker will do against a truly solid opponent

Dunham is underrated albeit hes been too inactive and i think hes 35 now. But the point is while dunham has good boxing he is very unathletic and slow as fuck yet still landed at will on glenn who has no semblance of defence. In fact maybe he does have some semblance of defence but hes too slow to do a thing about it. Now hes facing a fast tj dillashaw-esque sniper. It doesnt bode well

tucker's speed, footwork and angles are going to give rick glenn an epileptic fit.

I just hate the fact that Glenn's chin will keep him in the fight, all the way.
Hoping Tuckers built up so much of a lead that the 3rd round is a non issue

I just hate the fact that Glenn's chin will keep him in the fight, all the way.
Hoping Tuckers built up so much of a lead that the 3rd round is a non issue

both guys are vegan cardio machines, i reckon it probably goes the distance. interested to see the line on tucker dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back