UFC 217 PBP/Discussion

Gut said Vick

Tape said Duffy

Smh

Rd 1 confirmed tape study

Rd 2? Duffy shuts down
Kinda like he did against Poirier, really sharp in the first round but seemed to slow down at the end of it, Poirier starting to wrestle was not the only reason that fight changed direction

Duffy backer here, and I thought it was a textbook example of Duffy winning Rd 1 yet his outlook was bleak from there. He was clearly having trouble with the range.

Yes exactly. He absolutely landed some nice strikes. But you are spot on. Vick had found his range, and Duffy's output was already dropping.

Am I watching something different than you guys? Duffy won rd 1 sure, but I'm seeing here that he "clowned Vick" and stuff like that? It was a fairly competitive round, and Vick clearly found his range late in the round and completely took over in rd 2.
What I thought would happen happened in rd 1

Rd 2 Duffy shut down

It was weird. Didn’t really see him gas in tape study

I'm done for tonight. Just watching. Lost a few units.

Harris and Duffy killed me

Yes exactly. He absolutely landed some nice strikes. But you are spot on. Vick had found his range, and Duffy's output was already dropping.

Vick has some pretty horrible tendencies as far as head movement and chin up. He makes up for it a lot with his size and range control. He's obviously huge for the division, but he moves really well too. At this point, I can't think of a fighter who has proved me wrong more often than him. I was heavy on Dariush over him, but despite that, he's slaughtered me.

The way things are going bisping is fooked

Can´t believe how tiny Woodley looks compared to Weidman and even Florian.

I'm done for tonight. Just watching. Lost a few units.

Harris and Duffy killed me

Feel u bro, down 3.5 units so far.

But it's a part of this crazy game, keep grinding out the wins over time

Nice to see Weidman stutters only in the octagon.

Duffy clear public trap line. Tried to save you from yourselves

C’mon now. We all have ups and downs.

That being said. I came on to seek you out and give you your props. Congrats my man.

The tape study pushed me onto the Duffy side. Went against the gut there

Didn’t think his gas tank was that bad. Looked like a different fighter in rd 2

Vick has some pretty horrible tendencies as far as head movement and chin up. He makes up for it a lot with his size and range control. He's obviously huge for the division, but he moves really well too. At this point, I can't think of a fighter who has proved me wrong more often than him. I was heavy on Dariush over him, but despite that, he's slaughtered me.
He's a bum dude, his time will come and hopefully his rapist coach gets arrested too.

I think Hendricks is done and gets starched here. But I know Borachina is gonna go all out for the early kill and even though Johnny is a shell of his former self, I have to think that big left hand is still there. I'm wondering if maybe he doesn't surprise everyone and land it and get an early KO himself.

Edit: Hendricks KO is +1200. Fine. .2u for "Turn back the clock night".

I might as well get drunk now since making sober, reasonable decisions clearly isn't working tonight.
My only win so far Godbeer by dq. If that's not a divine suggestion to get wasted, I don't know what is.

Back