UFC 219 - Cyborg vs Holm - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know the new fight order with rivera removed? guessing they might move the vettori fight?

You mean the group that preaches tolerance at everyone is the most intolerant people around? Ironic how that works huh
Without even looking I have to assume you are referring to brainwashed far left Marxist/Communist kids. It's very sad to see how many universities have been infiltrated by Marxist professors who get off destroying young minds.

I haven't gone through this entire thread, but am I the only one who is giving Holly Holm a real shot?

I mean, the Prop odds are pretty fantastic....

HOlly holm isn't a can...and has some legit skills.

I haven't gone through this entire thread, but am I the only one who is giving Holly Holm a real shot?

I think Cyborg is overrated, and will bet against her.

Then again, Im probably biased because I hate her with passion.

I think Cyborg is overrated, and will bet against her.

Then again, Im probably biased because I hate her with passion.

I'm going to bet against simply because of the prop odds and that Holly Holm is probably the best fighter Cyborg has faced.

I’ll be on Holm KO

Is it just me or is this Esparza line crazy?

She gets way too much hate for Jedrceczyk fight, where her lack of striking was badly exposed. But JJ was also her worst possible matchup and Calvillo does not have either her takedown defense or striking.

And outside of that Esparza's resume is nice. No bad losses, lots of nice wins. Only person to ever dominate + finish Rose. Rose was only 22 at the time and is much better now, but Calvillo seems like a poor man's Rose in many ways.

And even though Calvillo hasn't lost, she hasn't beaten anybody good. Part of the reason why WMMA has so many upsets is because the division is so thin it's easy to build a fraudulent resume on soft competition. Peal is awful, Bobby Cooper hasn't beaten anybody decent, and her big signature win was against Calderwood who may be decent or may not be. It's really hard to say without seeing her match up with any legit good opponents.

Most importantly she was taken down a couple of times by Pearl...it just doesn't make sense for a fighter who was taken down by Pearl to be THIS juiced vs a fighter who ragdolled the WMMA GOAT.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Esparza should be small fave. Like -125 or so.

Edit— Calvillo’s scrambling is rly nice. Maybe -125 is extreme and Carla should be +125 ot +150. Still shouldnt be this wide though

Last edited:
If and it’s a big if, cyborg decides to take fight to the ground and uses gnp and subs, she will finish fairly early. If she just wants the ko, Holly will run and hope for a mistake or that cyborg gasses. Will try for late ko or dec win.

Holly is durable and can make this a fight if she can drag cyborg into championship rounds.

Does it have to be one that no one is talking about?

That's going to be very difficult for this event, because every dog has been considered except Oleksiejczuk and De la Rosa

Holly Holm is a bum, she's 36 years old, she's lost 3 of her last 4 fights.

Found a way to lose vs Tate

Looked like she was in slow motion vs Valentina

Showed how one dimensional she was vs GDR, can't believe she lost to that bum, learn to shoot a TD SMH

Holly Holm will let you all down once again, save your money

All Holly is going to do is hit air, make noise and run, grunt and run. Cyborg is going to hunt her down.

Not feeling the Holm love either. Outside of a head kick KO I’m not seeing a path. Gdr was countering her blitzes effectively and shut down her td attempts. Can’t imagine judges will side with holm running and hitting air all night while cyborg is constantly coming forward and landing the bigger shots. You can hate on cyborgs comp, but she has done what is expected against them. No one has really given her a fight. She has never shown cardio problems and Holly’s game doesn’t gas people out anyways. Just not seeing it tbh.

On cyborg -5.5 -225, small on her unan dec line +475 and a small stab at her sub line +1125. Will play the over or rd start props as well.

Holly Holm is a bum, she's 36 years old, she's lost 3 of her last 4 fights.

Found a way to lose vs Tate

Looked like she was in slow motion vs Valentina

Showed how one dimensional she was vs GDR, can't believe she lost to that bum, learn to shoot a TD SMH

Holly Holm will let you all down once again, save your money

All Holly is going to do is hit air, make noise and run, grunt and run. Cyborg is going to hunt her down.

The biggest problem for Holm is that she moves in slow motion and her size advantage is gone vs Cyborg.

The only way I see her winning is if she keeps the fight standing and Cyborg’s striking defense is bad. Other than that she’s clearly the inferior fighter and Cyborg isn’t vulnerable in the ways that Ronda was. I got a bit of Cyborg at -310 and feel good about it

Without even looking I have to assume you are referring to brainwashed far left Marxist/Communist kids. It's very sad to see how many universities have been infiltrated by Marxist professors who get off destroying young minds.
Bingo!! Its nuts isnt it?

I had Holm over Ronda via left high kick

I can see her giving cyborg fits with footwork and condit style running

But eventually cyborgs man muscles will find the chin

She doesn’t have enough pop in her punches to trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back