UFC 221 PBP/Discussion

Luke ate a lot of heavy shots in this fight before getting ko'd though, Yoel is a straight savage. Lukes "glass chin" is a bit overblown, the problem is that he keeps his head so fucking high and always backs up in a straight line

the bisping straight left, two minutes into the fight that ended lukes night, convinced me that rockhold is packing glass.

he even admits it himself hes packing glass saying that bisping didnt have power

if bisping had power this fight would be over...

bispng has the power to finish nothing...

luke is done on the top level. the book is out on him, take his best and keep it standing because he wont be able to take yours. bisping landed 92 shots in three rounds on 40-year-old lee and only a bisping knee could put him out.

bisping lands one single straight left in two minutes and rockhold is ktfo

The fact that Li got a fotn bonus is just gross. Is it just me or is this UFC 100% different since it got sold? Seems like nobody gives a shit about anything.

how did you manage to have 5.3k posts and 1 like prior to this :eek:
"Likes" being such a millennial thing, didn't exist in the early Sherdog days...I'm like the old man on the porch yelling "back in my day..."

Yoel broke his leg checking kicks in the first round and still managed to gut it out and win. Fucking monster

Urgh. -5u night. Matthews better enjoy the 10 pounds of muscle he put on in the last 3 months.

Correction: looks like Yoel’s leg is okay and not broken, according to his manager

Correction: looks like Yoel’s leg is okay and not broken, according to his manager
What happened to Rockhold's? You could see the bleeding from the mid-shin.

These judges are absolutely horrible tonight.
30-27 Pearson 2x....

Over the years I've started to assume the Japanese fighter will lose any close fight in the UFC. I remember Kawajiri fighting his ass off against Swanson (?) and still not getting the decision.

30-27 Pearson 2x....

Over the years I've started to assume the Japanese fighter will lose any close fight in the UFC. I remember Kawajiri fighting his ass off against Swanson (?) and still not getting the decision.
I was on Hirota, too. I had Pearson probably winning the fight, but those 30-27s in a fight where Hirota did the only meaningful damage are crazy. Pearson's punches were barely connecting and he was losing all volume metrics, as well.

Just caught up with the fights and good lord that eye gouge from Li is one of the dirties things i've seen in modern MMA. What a dumb ass ref too for not even taking a point lmao.

Just caught up with the fights and good lord that eye gouge from Li is one of the dirties things i've seen in modern MMA. What a dumb ass ref too for not even taking a point lmao.

Should 100% have been a DQ

At the very least 1 point taken + Jake getting up to 5 min time + Reset action in the exact position with Li directly back in the guillotine.

It was absolutely atrocious....I'm actually glad Jake came through and got the decision in this case

Should 100% have been a DQ

At the very least 1 point taken + Jake getting up to 5 min time + Reset action in the exact position with Li directly back in the guillotine.

It was absolutely atrocious....I'm actually glad Jake came through and got the decision in this case
Resetting people into submission holds is a little dubious, IMO. I've done enough position-drilling to know that there's a difference between a spot you've settled into, and one where the dude can just instacrazycrank. Taking a point in that situation's also kinda interesting, since Li was in a position where he was gonna get finished and probably had to finish to win. There's essentially no downside to that sort of foul as the rules currently are, short of a dq.

Resetting people into submission holds is a little dubious, IMO. I've done enough position-drilling to know that there's a difference between a spot you've settled into, and one where the dude can just instacrazycrank. Taking a point in that situation's also kinda interesting, since Li was in a position where he was gonna get finished and probably had to finish to win. There's essentially no downside to that sort of foul as the rules currently are, short of a dq.
True. Starting with locked in subs can be very dangerous maybe not in this case but certainly with leg locks. Should've been a DQ. Jake is a badass for not even complaining just kept fighting.

Decent night for me. Glad I steered away from anything significant on Li. Formiga and the main event made my night. I had starts Rd 2 to close a parlay, ITD to close a parlay, and Romero straight. I wish Hunt would have got the finish though. I loved his NSC line.

You sir, are a freeroll god.

8U on a live prop bet, you maniac LOL. Grats tho man, good read on that hit, plus the Volk bet that barely missed.

Thanks guys. Maybe next time we get more people on discord, it was fun with @piglord @stretcharmstrong @Rapidryan88 and someone else from the forum, not sure what his nickname is. We had a couple more freerolls, not sure even if I posted them all...Again, Leech would have been a lot better than Matthews (about 18u or so), Hunt would've been great, Volkanovski dec, etc... It was one of those nights where I was at the bad end of all decisions.

Hope you all smashed it guys.

I'm glad you guys killed the bookies! It makes me sad when a lot of big bets like Li go south for everyone.

Thanks guys. Maybe next time we get more people on discord, it was fun with @piglord @stretcharmstrong @Rapidryan88 and someone else from the forum, not sure what his nickname is. We had a couple more freerolls, not sure even if I posted them all...Again, Leech would have been a lot better than Matthews (about 18u or so), Hunt would've been great, Volkanovski dec, etc... It was one of those nights where I was at the bad end of all decisions.

Hope you all smashed it guys.
Cracking night and hilarious jokes in the chat :)

The fact that Li got a fotn bonus is just gross. Is it just me or is this UFC 100% different since it got sold? Seems like nobody gives a shit about anything.

it was the best fight from end to end imo. both guys went hard....i see no issue here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back