1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 221 PBP/Discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Feb 10, 2018.

1. quincy k Brown Belt

the bisping straight left, two minutes into the fight that ended lukes night, convinced me that rockhold is packing glass.

he even admits it himself hes packing glass saying that bisping didnt have power

if bisping had power this fight would be over...

bispng has the power to finish nothing...

luke is done on the top level. the book is out on him, take his best and keep it standing because he wont be able to take yours. bisping landed 92 shots in three rounds on 40-year-old lee and only a bisping knee could put him out.

bisping lands one single straight left in two minutes and rockhold is ktfo

2. AxeMurderer Orange Belt

The fact that Li got a fotn bonus is just gross. Is it just me or is this UFC 100% different since it got sold? Seems like nobody gives a shit about anything.

3. qwerty30210 Green Belt

"Likes" being such a millennial thing, didn't exist in the early Sherdog days...I'm like the old man on the porch yelling "back in my day..."

4. iGnP Silver Belt

Yoel broke his leg checking kicks in the first round and still managed to gut it out and win. Fucking monster

5. danareem Green Belt

Rockhold vs Brunson next please

6. Gugabe Purple Belt

Urgh. -5u night. Matthews better enjoy the 10 pounds of muscle he put on in the last 3 months.

7. iGnP Silver Belt

Correction: looks like Yoel’s leg is okay and not broken, according to his manager

8. Gugabe Purple Belt

What happened to Rockhold's? You could see the bleeding from the mid-shin.

9. waiguoren Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

30-27 Pearson 2x....

Over the years I've started to assume the Japanese fighter will lose any close fight in the UFC. I remember Kawajiri fighting his ass off against Swanson (?) and still not getting the decision.

10. northsofia Blue Belt

Never thrust these asian guys...

11. Gugabe Purple Belt

I was on Hirota, too. I had Pearson probably winning the fight, but those 30-27s in a fight where Hirota did the only meaningful damage are crazy. Pearson's punches were barely connecting and he was losing all volume metrics, as well.

12. Agent Mulder Black Belt

Just caught up with the fights and good lord that eye gouge from Li is one of the dirties things i've seen in modern MMA. What a dumb ass ref too for not even taking a point lmao.

13. Naterade Blue Belt

Should 100% have been a DQ

At the very least 1 point taken + Jake getting up to 5 min time + Reset action in the exact position with Li directly back in the guillotine.

It was absolutely atrocious....I'm actually glad Jake came through and got the decision in this case

14. Gugabe Purple Belt

Resetting people into submission holds is a little dubious, IMO. I've done enough position-drilling to know that there's a difference between a spot you've settled into, and one where the dude can just instacrazycrank. Taking a point in that situation's also kinda interesting, since Li was in a position where he was gonna get finished and probably had to finish to win. There's essentially no downside to that sort of foul as the rules currently are, short of a dq.

15. Agent Mulder Black Belt

True. Starting with locked in subs can be very dangerous maybe not in this case but certainly with leg locks. Should've been a DQ. Jake is a badass for not even complaining just kept fighting.

16. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Decent night for me. Glad I steered away from anything significant on Li. Formiga and the main event made my night. I had starts Rd 2 to close a parlay, ITD to close a parlay, and Romero straight. I wish Hunt would have got the finish though. I loved his NSC line.

17. pytycrys Purple Belt

Thanks guys. Maybe next time we get more people on discord, it was fun with @piglord @stretcharmstrong @Rapidryan88 and someone else from the forum, not sure what his nickname is. We had a couple more freerolls, not sure even if I posted them all...Again, Leech would have been a lot better than Matthews (about 18u or so), Hunt would've been great, Volkanovski dec, etc... It was one of those nights where I was at the bad end of all decisions.

Hope you all smashed it guys.

18. Naught2Sixty Red Belt

I'm glad you guys killed the bookies! It makes me sad when a lot of big bets like Li go south for everyone.

19. Rapidryan88 Green Belt

Cracking night and hilarious jokes in the chat :)

20. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

it was the best fight from end to end imo. both guys went hard....i see no issue here.