UFC 221 - Rockhold vs Romero - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone owning up to betting safarov? i dont get how pedro line hasn't been bet down yet. what am i missing on saf

One of the more interesting prelim bouts on the card will be the UFC debut of top 185 pound kickboxer and former Glory middleweight contender tournament winner Israel Adesanya against Australian grappler Rob Wilkinson. Israel's amassed an 11-0 record in MMA fighting in Australia & China and stopping the likes of Melvin Guillard, but he's not getting a style friendly matchup here. Siyar Bahadurzada was able to stuff Wilkinson's takedown attempts and finally knock him out on the feet in Wilkinson's octagon debut, but I think there's a real question about how good Adesanya's takedown defense is and if Rob can get him to the ground to work his ground & pound or get a submission or if Adesanya's flashy striking will knock him out in highlight reel fashion. I will have to consider either side at decent + money here or fight does not go distance with the style vs style matchup and likely outcomes.

Is Kalikis’ leaving 5Dimes the reason that lines are suddenly hella slow to drop? Anybody worried that him leaving is gonna have consequences pro/con on mma gambling?

So there I was hoping to bet Rockhold and his price goes all the way down to 1.66 from initial 2.00. WTF is this? At this price i am not touching him. I am using BET365.

What was the best Rockhold price with your bookies guys? Gonna wait and live bet if will be possible and makes sense.

Do you think the price is gonna go back up for Rockhold? Romero is 2.20 right now with B365.

Your thoughts?

Is Kalikis’ leaving 5Dimes the reason that lines are suddenly hella slow to drop? Anybody worried that him leaving is gonna have consequences pro/con on mma gambling?
openers may be slightly more or slightly less accurate. thats about ti

Short Notice:
- Yoel Romero (in for Robert Whittaker) vs. Luke Rockhold [3 weeks] - Romero was supposed to fight Branch 2 weeks later
- Jake Matthews vs. Li Jingliang [announced 4 weeks ago]
- Rob Wilkinson vs. Israel Adesanya [announced 5 weeks ago]
- Luke Jumeau vs. Daichi Abe [announced 4 weeks ago]

Ring Rust:
- Saparbek Safarov 428 days

Returning from TKO loss:
- Rob Wilkinson TKOed by Bahadurzada in Sept
- Ross Pearson TKOed by Hooker in June

Australians - Hunt, Tuivasa, Matthews, Pedro, Brown, Adesanya & Wilkinson, Volkanovski, Nguyen, Jumeau

So there I was hoping to bet Rockhold and his price goes all the way down to 1.66 from initial 2.00. WTF is this? At this price i am not touching him. I am using BET365.

Your thoughts?
if you cant bet rockhold at the price you should go romero small. as romero price lengthens add more romero

Short Notice:
- Yoel Romero (in for Robert Whittaker) vs. Luke Rockhold [3 weeks] - Romero was supposed to fight Branch 2 weeks later
- Jake Matthews vs. Li Jingliang [announced 4 weeks ago]
- Rob Wilkinson vs. Israel Adesanya [announced 5 weeks ago]
- Luke Jumeau vs. Daichi Abe [announced 4 weeks ago]

Ring Rust:
- Saparbek Safarov 428 days

Returning from TKO loss:
- Rob Wilkinson TKOed by Bahadurzada in Sept
- Ross Pearson TKOed by Hooker in June
i like this announced format. find it more helpful

One of the more interesting prelim bouts on the card will be the UFC debut of top 185 pound kickboxer and former Glory middleweight contender tournament winner Israel Adesanya against Australian grappler Rob Wilkinson. Israel's amassed an 11-0 record in MMA fighting in Australia & China and stopping the likes of Melvin Guillard, but he's not getting a style friendly matchup here. Siyar Bahadurzada was able to stuff Wilkinson's takedown attempts and finally knock him out on the feet in Wilkinson's octagon debut, but I think there's a real question about how good Adesanya's takedown defense is and if Rob can get him to the ground to work his ground & pound or get a submission or if Adesanya's flashy striking will knock him out in highlight reel fashion. I will have to consider either side at decent + money here or fight does not go distance with the style vs style matchup and likely outcomes.

I understand there is question marks about Adesanya on the ground.. But from all the tape watching and interview listening I've done on him in the last few years he is no slouch. He isn't a pro kickboxer who has turned to mma recently for a pay check.

This kids first goal at 17 was to fight in the ufc.. And his coach (retired mma fighter of 40 something fights) told him he can get him there but he needs to pick an avenue and stand up was the first style of fighting he picked. So all these years of pro kickboxing, muay thai and boxing he's been slowly working his ground game in the background.

His first mma fight was 2012, and besides 2014 he has maintained at least 2 fights a year since then in mma not to mention all the stand up he's been competing in. Taking that into consideration he's been rolling since 2011 at least, if not longer and his head coach and mentor is a pioneer of mma in New Zealand.

Maybe I've just got a hardon for him...but the guy is legit and with lower level competition like Wilkinson he will dominate with ease.

i think people are nuts laying -150 or more on rockhold.

They're even getting shy with the over/unders....

I heard some rumors that 5dimes are going to hire Luca Fury as their new oddsmaker
Praise the juice

One major wrinkle for UFC 221, there will be no early weigh-in and no IV re-hydration allowed- see article below. Official weigh-ins take place at 9:30 PM EST Friday evening and the Fight Pass prelims start at 6:30 PM EST on Saturday, which means that some fighters will have as little as 21 hours from weigh-ins to walking to the octagon, and this after a potentially long flight to Australia. For me, I think this means potentially a lot of fighters' bodies and brains being not fully hydrated and cushioned like usual and possibly more knockouts for the card. I may look to play a lot of unders or does not go distance props and fights does not go distance event props..

https://www.tsn.ca/canadian-kennedy-adapting-to-abnormal-ufc-221-weigh-in-regulations-1.988618

One major wrinkle for UFC 221, there will be no early weigh-in and no IV re-hydration allowed- see article below. Official weigh-ins take place at 9:30 PM EST Friday evening and the Fight Pass prelims start at 6:30 PM EST on Saturday, which means that some fighters will have as little as 21 hours from weigh-ins to walking to the octagon, and this after a potentially long flight to Australia. For me, I think this means potentially a lot of fighters' bodies and brains being not fully hydrated and cushioned like usual and possibly more knockouts for the card. I may look to play a lot of unders or does not go distance props and fights does not go distance event props..

https://www.tsn.ca/canadian-kennedy-adapting-to-abnormal-ufc-221-weigh-in-regulations-1.988618

Very relevant info. Thanks buddy

Should also be a red flag for the heavy cutters...Romero, Rockhold, and Ishi dropping to 135 all stick out to me as candidates whom this may hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back