UFC 221 - Rockhold vs Romero - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to back Blaydes but I need better odds on him. I need to rewatch tape but off the top of my head why was Lesnar able to shoot doubles on Hunt and get him down and why can't Blaydes, he is a pretty good wrestler.

The thing that concerns me is Blayde's hands are starting to get better and he might want to trade with Hunt when he has a clear path to victory and the fight is in Perth Australia, not worried about hometown cooking but the fact Hunt will be super motivated to fight since it's in Australia.
Lesnar was a more decorated college wrestler fwiw

I am liking a parlay of Rockhold winning and fight going over 1.5rounds in a 5 round title fight really good.

They both are slow starters in a sense. Yoel knows he can't go full speed for 5 rounds so he definitely will pace himself like Whittaker fight. The only reason he went 5 rounds with Whittaker is because Robert doesn't engage in much grappling. So it was basically a stand up fight for 25 minutes, allowing Yoel to maintain energy. When Luke and him start getting into clinches on the cage, Yoel is going to wear out by the 3rd.
I see this as the best pick money fight of the year so far.

Lesnar was a more decorated college wrestler fwiw

Lesnar probably has the most explosive double leg takedown and super athletic, probably should have used Stipe Miocic and his takedown heavy game plan against Hunt as a better example. More comparable wrestling Blaydes and Miocic. Not comparing them as fighters, just wrestling aspect.

That's the game plan Blaydes should be following.

I want to back Blaydes but I need better odds on him. I need to rewatch tape but off the top of my head why was Lesnar able to shoot doubles on Hunt and get him down and why can't Blaydes, he is a pretty good wrestler.

The thing that concerns me is Blayde's hands are starting to get better and he might want to trade with Hunt when he has a clear path to victory and the fight is in Perth Australia, not worried about hometown cooking but the fact Hunt will be super motivated to fight since it's in Australia.
Blaydes went like 0/15 in takedowns against Omialenczuk though, who also is a short stocky guy

if hunts smart he will put his back on the cage

Blaydes went like 0/15 in takedowns against Omialenczuk though, who also is a short stocky guy

I need to watch tape on both. Just checked ESPN stats, Blaydes was 0/13 in takedowns in that fight.

I ma not sure that knocking out washed Silva and Belfort can be considered as a legit KO power, because Weidman hasnt KOd almost anyone else...
Uriah Hall my friend was also kod by him, Belfort was pounded to a tko so this doesnt count hehe
oh... Munoz also

Far more decorated. Lesnar’s wrestling was legit elite. Comparing it to Blayde’s D2 wrestling is apples and oranges
precisely. i think he only lost twice in his entire college career, both times against a guy who went on to play on the offensive line for the patriots for 10+ years

What sucks about Hunt is it only takes 1 TD a round. The dude is a turtle

precisely. i think he only lost twice in his entire college career, both times against a guy who went on to play on the offensive line for the patriots for 10+ years

Totally. But Lesnar is far removed from his college career while Blaydes is still youngish

Totally. But Lesnar is far removed from his college career while Blaydes is still youngish
Well im not advocating a play on Blaydes (although ill be on his decision line for about 2u), i was just responding to the poster asking how/why lesnar was able to get Hunt down. With that being said, I can't see Hunt repeatedly defending takedowns in this fight. He's never had success against wrestlers. And as other posters have mentioned, Blaydes seems to be able to take a good punch

Lol, I almost forgot about MMABettingTips. How does someone like that still exist? His Cappertek results for the last 2 years shows him operating at a loss. Pretty far cry from his goal of 25% ROI.
Dude, you talk about him constantly. You didn't almost forget about him, you've been railing against him for like 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back