UFC 221 - Rockhold vs Romero - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, except Volkan, do you know who other fighters are training with Hooft?

Yep you always have to take last chance saloon on fading these guys. Bojan (lhw Bojan) will forever spring to mind.
haha i was thinking of bojan when i did my post. he nearly got a mention as an example. maybe this guys style can get him 3 chances. good fights while they last and the ufc fav gets to look good. filler for overseas cards

Guys, except Volkan, do you know who other fighters are training with Hooft?
Usman, Johnson, Green, Struve, Lawler, Chandler, Evans, Luque. A lot of fighters from Blackzilians went there after they split.

You can't fade a huge underdog

You can if it's Bojan. I considered 20% return on my money backing Ngannou and Edilov as a great return. I think I got 50% return backing Joachim against him. Some people are that bad!

You can if it's Bojan. I considered 20% return on my money backing Ngannou and Edilov as a great return. I think I got 50% return backing Joachim against him. Some people are that bad!

I can't touch a -650 / -700 fav, even if it's against Bojan Mihajlovic. Injuries can happen, just remember Chandler vs Primus, Mmabetting picks looked like a fool betting a lot of units on Chandler -700 and he lost because of an injury.

I'm finding it hard to back Mark Hunt as a dog. Red flags galore bofando there. The talk of being punchy, on a decline athletically, etc. Although, the young up and comers are having a difficult time pushing the old vets out of top tier of these heavier divisions. I think blaydes will find it a bit hard to shoot power doubles against hunt. He'll be the first guy under 6' he's fought in mma which will make it more difficult to get his shoulder in the right position against marks hips. In the clinch against the fence is another story too. Hunt is short and wide which makes it hard to get good body locks. I'll probably avoid the main card altogether but look to LB. There's a few fights on the undercard I'm looking forward to seeing the odds to. Particularly Pearson vs kim.

Edit* Pearson vs hirota is what I meant.

Last edited:
I can't touch a -650 / -700 fav, even if it's against Bojan Mihajlovic. Injuries can happen, just remember Chandler vs Primus, Mmabetting picks looked like a fool betting a lot of units on Chandler -700 and he lost because of an injury.

Lol, I almost forgot about MMABettingTips. How does someone like that still exist? His Cappertek results for the last 2 years shows him operating at a loss. Pretty far cry from his goal of 25% ROI.

Everyone has their own style. I happily used Shev @ -800 and -1000 at the weekend! I am far more wary of playing juice like that than i used to be tho.

I'm finding it hard to back Mark Hunt as a dog. Red flags galore bofando there. The talk of being punchy, on a decline athletically, etc. Although, the young up and comers are having a difficult time pushing the old vets out of top tier of these heavier divisions. I think blaydes will find it a bit hard to shoot power doubles against hunt. He'll be the first guy under 6' he's fought in mma which will make it more difficult to get his shoulder in the right position against marks hips. In the clinch against the fence is another story too. Hunt is short and wide which makes it hard to get good body locks. I'll probably avoid the main card altogether but look to LB. There's a few fights on the undercard I'm looking forward to seeing the odds to. Particularly Pearson vs kim.

I was looking into Hunt, but I'm rethinking it now. I can see Blaydes just really wearing out Hunt. Blaydes also showed quite the chin against Ngannou.

I was looking into Hunt, but I'm rethinking it now. I can see Blaydes just really wearing out Hunt. Blaydes also showed quite the chin against Ngannou.
That's a good point considering where Francis had gone to since that fight. A good ol' grind is Blaydes' best path to victory IMO. I haven't watched tape but I do recall some of his entries get a little lazy setup wise when he slows down. A good read on that from hunt and a big uppercut could end the fight. Fwiw I don't have a good read on this fight yet.

That's a good point considering where Francis had gone to since that fight. A good ol' grind is Blaydes' best path to victory IMO. I haven't watched tape but I do recall some of his entries get a little lazy setup wise when he slows down. A good read on that from hunt and a big uppercut could end the fight. Fwiw I don't have a good read on this fight yet.

Blaydes definitely does rush in from the outside at times. If Blaydes does pull it off, I'm sure there will be scary moments.

I want to back Blaydes but I need better odds on him. I need to rewatch tape but off the top of my head why was Lesnar able to shoot doubles on Hunt and get him down and why can't Blaydes, he is a pretty good wrestler.

The thing that concerns me is Blayde's hands are starting to get better and he might want to trade with Hunt when he has a clear path to victory and the fight is in Perth Australia, not worried about hometown cooking but the fact Hunt will be super motivated to fight since it's in Australia.

I want to back Blaydes but I need better odds on him. I need to rewatch tape but off the top of my head why was Lesnar able to shoot doubles on Hunt and get him down and why can't Blaydes, he is a pretty good wrestler.

The thing that concerns me is Blayde's hands are starting to get better and he might want to trade with Hunt when he has a clear path to victory and the fight is in Perth Australia, not worried about hometown cooking but the fact Hunt will be super motivated to fight since it's in Australia.
I don't think he's overconfident with his striking ability though. When he gets hurt or feels the tide changing he turns the tempo back to his wrestling. If I play the role of amateur psychologist a bit I would agree about hunts motivation to bring the action in his home country and also add in the fact that he's a very very prideful man and feels slighted by the UFC with the Lesnar fight and the pulling of him from the tybura fight as well. Does that make him a dangerous fighter or a liability to himself? I don't know

Haven't watched tape yet but didn't Blaydes struggle a lot when he was trying to wrestle Omielanczuk? He has a similar build to Hunt.
Only high level strikers can exchange with Hunt, the rest eventually gets caught in an exchange or even worse when you start backing up Hunt is good at putting the jab in your face and follow up with a power punch. Blaydes is gonna be in a lot of trouble if he cant keep Hunt on his back for the majority of 15 minutes.

Havn't watched tape yet but didn't Blaydes struggle a lot when he was trying to wrestle Omielanczuk? He has a similar build to Hunt.
Just watched it. Pretty much took him down when he wanted. He was just really content striking with him

Edit. Misread it. Just watched Oleinik

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back